shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Pave Flower Pendant by Maytal Hannah (E-Ring Reset)

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so pleased to share the custom pendant that Maytal Hannah created for me to commemorate my 15 year wedding anniversary.

DSCF9036.jpg DSCF9038.jpg

Long story and lots more photos below...

I marked the occasion by resetting my original e-ring diamond, a .38 ct uncerted mall stone that I hadn't worn in many years (we were still students when engaged). I liked the idea of a flower pendant with the e-ring diamond in the center surrounded by four heart-shaped petals to symbolize my family of four (me, husband, two kids), and lots of sparkly pave to compensate for the middling quality of the diamond. I wanted Maytal to make the pendant, since she did a wonderful job when she created my 10 year anniversary ring five years ago. (For the ring, I also contacted Victor Canera, Steven Kirsch, and Leon Mege. For the pendant, I just went straight to Maytal.)

I emailed Maytal with my thoughts, along with the Van Cleef Cosmos and Frivole and Tiffany Paper Flowers lines as inspiration. She quickly got to work, creating over a dozen potential design sketches (with my feedback between each group). Deciding on a custom design and size was challenging for me, and I found it very helpful to print out the sketches to "try on." As soon as I held the options up to my chest, there was a clear winner.

IMG_20190505_130435 (1).jpg

The final design is most similar to the Van Cleef Cosmos (if you're familiar), but with organic and asymmetrical petals instead of pure hearts, more of an overall flower look than a clover look, undulations in the petals instead of overlapping, and a petal-up orientation. Here's a photo Maytal sent of the pendant prior to the melee being set.

pendant.jpg

The entire process - from sending my stone to receiving the completed pendant - lasted a bit less than two months. Pretty quick, and I'm sure this timeline would have been shortened, had I been more decisive. :) Maytal is wonderful to work with, easy-going and kind and great at communication. Our communication consisted of one phone call and a long thread of emails. Gmail tells me there are 60 messages in the thread (yikes!) but only about 20 are design-related and the rest are for shipping, payment, confirmations, thanks, etc.

I received the final product this morning, and I could not be happier. The melee is tiny and placed with remarkable precision. There is absolutely no metal showing between the diamonds in real life - none. Maytal is a pave queen. Feels sturdy, but looks delicate. Suuuuuper sparkly, feminine, clean. The size is 16 mm, which looks quite a bit larger than I expected once pave diamonds are lighting up all over the place, but I'm not complaining! (My 3-year-old daughter's review: "You have a new necklace, Mama! I love how it's SO SPARKLY!")

DSCF9059.jpg DSCF9061.jpg DSCF9064.jpg DSCF9065.jpg

(I find the back of the pendant so charming, such a contrast from the ultra-sparkly and polished front and a reminder of the hand-forged nature of the piece.)

I'll post a few more photos below, and I'll try to take a video soon to capture the incredible sparkle. (I took these photos in the rain at dusk, not the ideal lighting for sparkles).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-05 at 2.39.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-05 at 2.39.42 PM.png
    53.8 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_20190505_125946 (1).jpg
    IMG_20190505_125946 (1).jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 83

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
Here are some more photos I can't resist sharing, because the pendant has a slightly different personality on my hibiscus vs rose vs hydrangea. :)
DSCF9049.jpg

DSCF9052.jpg

And here are a couple of mod shots. I wasn't sure how long I wanted the chain, so I went with 18" since it's easier to shorten than lengthen. I think I'll leave it like this, but I may get a second chain about 16.5" for another option. (I forgot to mention how perfectly the pendant sits with the bail.)

Full 18"
DSCF9022.jpg

Set at ~ 16.5"
DSCF9029.jpg

About half my tops are mariniere-style tees (complete with mystery toddler stains), so this is how the pendant will often look.
DSCF8989.jpg

One more for now! A before-and-after:
IMG_4365.JPG

DSCF9008.jpg

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
What a wonderful necklace and wonderful story. Thoroughly enjoyed reading your post! That necklace has completed reformed your sentimental and precious engagement ring stone! I love its meaning and think the pavé looks great! Your pictures are wonderful and I also think the back is really charming!

Would love some videos!

Thank you for sharing. Congratulations on your anniversary!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I love the story and sentiment behind it. What kind of metal is it?

Also if you find yourself switching between lengths a lot, I’m a big fan of my adjustable gold chain and I’m pretty sure there are quite a few varieties of the them to choose from these days

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Happy Happy Anniversay!!!
Your pendant is lovely and has great presence!! :love:Congrats!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are some more photos I can't resist sharing, because the pendant has a slightly different personality on my hibiscus vs rose vs hydrangea. :)
DSCF9049.jpg

DSCF9052.jpg

And here are a couple of mod shots. I wasn't sure how long I wanted the chain, so I went with 18" since it's easier to shorten than lengthen. I think I'll leave it like this, but I may get a second chain about 16.5" for another option. (I forgot to mention how perfectly the pendant sits with the bail.)

Full 18"
DSCF9022.jpg

Set at ~ 16.5"
DSCF9029.jpg

About half my tops are mariniere-style tees (complete with mystery toddler stains), so this is how the pendant will often look.
DSCF8989.jpg

One more for now! A before-and-after:
IMG_4365.JPG

DSCF9008.jpg

Stunning! :love: It all looks gorgeous. Wear in health and blingy happiness.:appl:Happy Anniversary!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I love this. It's beautiful and what a great story- and symbolism behind it. Looks wonderful on you as well!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pendant is spectacular. Your story is lovely. The pendant looks beautiful on you. Thank you for sharing and happy anniversary!

:love:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful and meaningful and blindingly sparkly - perfect!! C'est ongratulations on 15 years!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out so pretty and I think its the perfect size for a pendant! Great idea...love all the sentiment behind it!

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is just beautiful and I love the thought you put into the design! Congratulations on 15 years and enjoy you gorgeous pendant!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, this is perfection! I love everything about it! Congrats!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Super gorgeous! What a perfect idea for a sentimental reset. Amazingly beautiful. :kiss2:

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
Simply stunning! And I love the thoughts and sentiments that went into the design.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is gorgeous!:love: I adore the Cosmos pendant, but the price, not so much! This is a great solution to use your original diamond. Maytal did a wonderful job!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations and happy anniversary!

What a stunning piece of jewelry this is! So much better to have a few knockout pieces than many so-so bibs and bobs. I particularly like it at the shorter length - so flattering!

Can I ask what happened to that eternity / wedding band in the photo you shared of your ring? I love that size diamonds in eternity / anni rings - so elegant!

Again - congratulations - and great job!

summerlove6

Rough_Rock
This is beautiful and the pave is so seamless and sparkly!! Happy 15 years to you! :clap:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How pretty!! I love the fact you kept your original diamond in it, so fitting with the four petals! It looks absolutely perfect!:love::love:

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
This is such a beautiful design journey and absolutely stunningly gorgeous piece of jewellery. I'm sure you will treasure it forever. Congratulations on your anniversary.

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks to you all for taking the time to read and for the kind words! It means a lot coming from this group.

The sun came out for a bit today, so I made a quick video, but my phone failed to capture the true sparkle. Even my husband remarked that the video doesn't show what he sees in real life, which is funny because he normally doesn't care at all about jewelry. He's pretty impressed by Maytal's work on this piece. :) I'll try to get a better video on my camera.

Gorgeous! I love the story and sentiment behind it. What kind of metal is it?

Also if you find yourself switching between lengths a lot, I’m a big fan of my adjustable gold chain and I’m pretty sure there are quite a few varieties of the them to choose from these days

I forgot to say - it's platinum!

That is gorgeous!:love: I adore the Cosmos pendant, but the price, not so much! This is a great solution to use your original diamond. Maytal did a wonderful job!

Yes, I noticed that the extra large Cosmos clip is over $60K!!

Congratulations and happy anniversary!

What a stunning piece of jewelry this is! So much better to have a few knockout pieces than many so-so bibs and bobs. I particularly like it at the shorter length - so flattering!

Can I ask what happened to that eternity / wedding band in the photo you shared of your ring? I love that size diamonds in eternity / anni rings - so elegant!

Again - congratulations - and great job!

Thanks, Mrs-b! I do think the pendant looks a bit more special worn higher up. I still wear the same wedding ring, currently with my little AVR solitaire. DSCF8541.jpg

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks to you all for taking the time to read and for the kind words! It means a lot coming from this group.

The sun came out for a bit today, so I made a quick video, but my phone failed to capture the true sparkle. Even my husband remarked that the video doesn't show what he sees in real life, which is funny because he normally doesn't care at all about jewelry. He's pretty impressed by Maytal's work on this piece. :) I'll try to get a better video on my camera.

I forgot to say - it's platinum!

Yes, I noticed that the extra large Cosmos clip is over $60K!!

Thanks, Mrs-b! I do think the pendant looks a bit more special worn higher up. I still wear the same wedding ring, currently with my little AVR solitaire. DSCF8541.jpg

Beautiful. :)

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Great video!

Because cameras don't have two eyes, they can never capture the sparkle we see ourselves! Having said that, even with the camera that's a heck-of-a-lot of sparkle! Delightful!

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!!! I love , love, love it!! I am drawn to flower everything, and that is just GORGEOUS!! Happy Anniversary.

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
Great video!

Because cameras don't have two eyes, they can never capture the sparkle we see ourselves! Having said that, even with the camera that's a heck-of-a-lot of sparkle! Delightful!

Good to know! :P2

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so pretty!

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is so sweet. I love the thought and care you put into the design and how well it suits you. Congratulations on 15 years and the very lovely piece to commemorate the family y'all have made together.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results