shape
carat
color
clarity

pave ering with non-pave wedding band..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

slammie

Shiny_Rock
EDITED: YIPES!! Why can't you edit topic title???what a moron..sorry alll!!!!
Hi there,

I would like your opinions on combining a pave band with a nonpave band.
My weddding band is a shared prong 8 diamond band (7 pointers each). I am getting a ring made by leon Mege for my 2 carat round and can't decide on plain shank vs. pave ( I LOVE PAVE!!)
The prongs will be like SLH's, double 4 claw prongs but the shank will look similar to the michael b pave

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/Product.asp?DesignerID=18&ItemTypeID=1&ItemID=325&start=6
Leon calls this fishtail pave. Anyway, I love the this but afraid that together with my wedding band it won't look right together!
I can't seem to find any pics of this combo. Help me with the decision...Would like to hear your thoughts..thanks all!!
21.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
yay slammie, it's good to hear that you decided on a setting and ended up deciding to work with leon! i cannot wait to see how the ring turns out. i am sure that it will be fabulous.

i don't know that i've ever seen that kind of combo (pave/shared pring eternity ring) in person, but i think it could look very pretty! have you tried the two styles on together? if you're concerned about them not matching, is there any chance you'd consider wearing the w-band on one hand and the e-ring on another? just a thought . . .

i'm excited to see what you decide! keep us posted.

slammie

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 10/12/2004 11:54:04 PM reena wrote:

yay slammie, it's good to hear that you decided on a setting and ended up deciding to work with leon! i cannot wait to see how the ring turns out. i am sure that it will be fabulous.

i don't know that i've ever seen that kind of combo (pave/shared pring eternity ring) in person, but i think it could look very pretty! have you tried the two styles on together? if you're concerned about them not matching, is there any chance you'd consider wearing the w-band on one hand and the e-ring on another? just a thought . . .

i'm excited to see what you decide! keep us posted.
----------------

Hi Reena, good to hear from you
21.gif
. I think I should head over to Joe Escobar in campbell (bay area) and try some on but was hoping to get an answer to him asap so he can complete before my b-day which is just under a month away. So you think it might look alright?
I'm so excited about working with Leon!! He does however, seem to want to design the ring with a very low head, which I like but am afraid it will not sit flush with my wedding band. Your suggestions sounds fab, but if my hubbie found out that now this new upgrade/setting will mean i can't wear my band on my LH, he will literally bonk me over the head. Which brings me to the question, are you planning to wear a band your gorgeous dreamy ering?? I"d die for something like that but how do you wear a band with it?? How many weeks left Reena??
21.gif

michela002

Shiny_Rock
Personally I'd probably stick with a plain band to go with a shared-prong wedding band. If your engagement ring stone is 2 carats it'll be so beautiful that pave together with a shared-prong wedding band might be a little much and detract from it, but it really all depends on how it looks in person. The pave you've linked to is beautiful, but for me it would be too much all together.

I personally love plain engagement bands with diamond wedding bands. Like this Tiffanys one, as an example, looks beautiful. I think the wedding band highlights the main stone but doesn't drown it out.

javascript:enlargedView('combinatio...ny Setting with Channel-set Diamond Band',1);

But, pretty much, try on a bunch to get an idea of it, because combinations that you might not be sure about can be fabulous when you see them in person - it'll either convince you or turn you right off it. Or if you're handy with photoshop or another graphics program try and paste the two together to get an idea of what they look like.

So curious to see what it all looks like!

/idealbb/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Michela.

reena

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 10/13/2004 12:03:26 AM slammie wrote:

Hi Reena, good to hear from you
21.gif
. I think I should head over to Joe Escobar in campbell (bay area) and try some on but was hoping to get an answer to him asap so he can complete before my b-day which is just under a month away. So you think it might look alright?
I'm so excited about working with Leon!! He does however, seem to want to design the ring with a very low head, which I like but am afraid it will not sit flush with my wedding band. Your suggestions sounds fab, but if my hubbie found out that now this new upgrade/setting will mean i can't wear my band on my LH, he will literally bonk me over the head. Which brings me to the question, are you planning to wear a band your gorgeous dreamy ering?? I'd die for something like that but how do you wear a band with it?? How many weeks left Reena??
21.gif

----------------

hi slammie . . . i loooove the stuff on joe escobar's site; you're lucky that you can go there and try on in person! that's probably the best way to figure out what combo you like. i do think that the pave and the shared prong could look really nice together. let me ask you this, though: i was under the impression from before that the setting you wanted was mostly platinum with only a little bit of pave on the basket (i.e., not on the shank). is that right? or have you decided to go with something that has more pave? because while i think the first type of setting really could be compatible with a non-pave band, michaela may be right that it could be "too much" to have a 2c stone in a setting that's covered in pave entirely on the same finger as your shared prong eternity w-band. in any event i'd love to hear more about the setting that you're choosing!

i totally understand about not wanting to wear the w-band on your right hand . . . i only mentioned it because i'm thinking that's what i'm going to have to do. (AND, i think i want a shared-prong eternity band as MY w-ring, too!) i'll know more once i get my ring (by the way, today marks 6 weeks since i dropped my stone off with leon, which means he should be done by now!!!!!) but i'm thinking it may be hard to wear a w-band next to it due to the style. (that and i don't think i'm going to want to cover up the beautiful pave detail on the side of the ring!) the other thing is that leon warned me against stacking a pave w-band band against the ring--he said that the pave is delicate workmanship and the wear and tear on the ring will greatly increase if it's grinding against another diamond band all day long. so depending on how your ring will be built, he may tell you that same thing. maybe check with him about it in advance. /idealbb/images/smilies/1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results