shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Paraiba sea glow and french cut waves - my Leon Mege ring!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Paraiba sea glow and french cut waves - my Leon Mege rin

motownmama|1400080005|3672580 said:
Crazy gorgeous! And, super fun pictures too!

Ha!!! Need to show this to Arkieb :naughty:

Thank you Motownmama!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

junebug17|1400079495|3672571 said:
:love: :-o :love: :-o :love:

hubba%20hubba.gif

Thanks for drooling Junebug. I appreciate it!!!
I always drool over your Simon G. It has this ' je ne sais quois' fabulousness. It's one of my favourite PS halo's.

Some more comparison shots:

_18181.jpg

_18182.jpg

_18183.jpg

_18184.jpg

pandabee

Ideal_Rock

Hahah acinom!! At least you have plentiful macarons and in lots of pretty colors!! Love the comparison shot with your 5ct

gemtastic

Shiny_Rock

Thanks for the comparison pics! They are very different rings! Both gorgeous. ENJOY :lickout:

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Even though it's all pretty much been said, I must chime in! It is incredible! That out-of-this-world glow is spectacular, and it looks so beautiful on your hand. I think it would be impossible not to smile when you look at that stone! Congratulations!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love all the new pics! :love: I always enjoy seeing your diamond ring, too!!! :appl:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your pics and rings are magnificent!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

pandabee|1400085646|3672657 said:
Hahah acinom!! At least you have plentiful macarons and in lots of pretty colors!! Love the comparison shot with your 5ct

Thanks pandabee!! I love the color of the macarons but not the taste unfortunately :lol: I only bought them for the artistic shots :shock: :oops:

_18211.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

gemtastic|1400087361|3672694 said:
Thanks for the comparison pics! They are very different rings! Both gorgeous. ENJOY :lickout:

Thank you Gemtastic! Today I wore them together and I indeed feel they are different enough.

_18212.jpg

_18213.jpg

_18214.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ally66|1400094739|3672802 said:
Even though it's all pretty much been said, I must chime in! It is incredible! That out-of-this-world glow is spectacular, and it looks so beautiful on your hand. I think it would be impossible not to smile when you look at that stone! Congratulations!!

Although it's clearly 'only a ring'. It indeed makes me smile Ally!

_18215.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006|1400095058|3672810 said:
I love all the new pics! :love: I always enjoy seeing your diamond ring, too!!! :appl:

I so appreciate your kind reaction DS!!!
Hope you find your dream setting soon. I hope you will keep your gorgeous solitaire just a tad longer. You have such a stunning collection with your Baudry's in every magnificent color of the world. The solitaire is such a stunning addition and has many stacking opportunities too.

D

Deactivated member 42515

I'm pretty sure that I have looked at each picture more times than I can count. I can't get over how amazing that paraiba is! That glow just draws you in like nothing else can! Lucky lucky you!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

arkieb1|1400106565|3672961 said:
Your pics and rings are magnificent!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Hahaha! :lol:
Finally some respect for my highly artistic pics. This photo is blurry on purpose as an artistic twist.

_18218.jpg

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock

I am blue with envy! Your new ring is stunning and you wear it well! A SK piece next? :naughty:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Elysian|1400182604|3673642 said:
I am blue with envy! Your new ring is stunning and you wear it well! A SK piece next? :naughty:

Thank you Elysian!! And who knows :lol:
I am currently working on a project with Victor: a lovely no frills solitaire. Again with a stone I have not yet seen in real life :shock:

_18248.jpg

_18249.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

YT|1400170516|3673515 said:
I'm pretty sure that I have looked at each picture more times than I can count. I can't get over how amazing that paraiba is! That glow just draws you in like nothing else can! Lucky lucky you!

I've said it many times, but I so enjoy that we all love jewelry so much! That's such a great thing about PS!
Thank you for your kind words YT!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wanted to share this glow pic. Natural daylight and office light.

_18254.jpg

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Acinom, this is just too incredible! Both your rings and settings are blowing my mind. The paraiba is just electric.

OK, I'm at a loss for works. Just drooling over here and trying to figure out which emotie would best express my feelings about this ring...

:lickout: :lickout: :lickout:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock

I am at a loss for words :-o :love: :-o :love: That has to be the most beautiful stone ever created by planet earth :appl:

The color is just unbelievable :lickout: The setting is gorgeous! Enjoy your amazing ring!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

GemFever|1400252771|3674163 said:
Acinom, this is just too incredible! Both your rings and settings are blowing my mind. The paraiba is just electric.

OK, I'm at a loss for works. Just drooling over here and trying to figure out which emotie would best express my feelings about this ring...

:lickout: :lickout: :lickout:

You are so kind gemfever. Thank you!!
It really turned out much much better than I could have ever imagined. The weird glow and color of the Paraiba is something I had never seen in my life, except for the colour of the Caribben sea!

_18286.jpg

_18287.jpg

_18288.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

woofmama|1400291172|3674613 said:
I am at a loss for words :-o :love: :-o :love: That has to be the most beautiful stone ever created by planet earth :appl:

The color is just unbelievable :lickout: The setting is gorgeous! Enjoy your amazing ring!

Thank you woofmama. Just like nature itself the stone is perfect, but not 'perfect', if you know what I mean :D
I love the stone for its gorgeous beauty AND flaws.

_18289.jpg

_18290.jpg

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have to keep coming back to see this beauty! You are delighting me me with more pics. Such a gorgeous stone and setting! And the color is out of this world! Enjoy it as I know you will. :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I will add some last conclusive words regarding the process, customer service and about the high dome vs regular frenchies:

PROCESS - THE STONE
Perry has always been friendly and quick in responding all sorts of questions.
As I had first planned this as a longer term process, he wanted to know whether I was ready to buy when I requested more photo's. Which was fine I guess. In the end I had to base my decision on 4 photo's. There was no video available. In the end I decided to trust Perry's and Leon's eye as the amazing colour was apparent. I would have appreciated a warning regarding the less appealing sides of the stone, ie inclusions and the window. It was a friendly PSer who helped me look at the stone with a different eye. I recognized the flaws but decided to go for it anyway.
As a long distance buyer I appreciate it when a vendor tells me about the beautiful as well as the ugly sides, especially when I ask for it. In this case that did not happen. The upside is: in real life the stone is MUCH more amazing then I could ever imagine!!!

PROCESS - THE SETTING
The process regering the creation was pretty straight forward. With my first PS long distance project with Victor I had sent about 100 e-mails with hysterical questions. Somehow, something told be that I had to be clear with my requirements with Leon. So I took a long time studying photo's and decided on MissyDebby's ring as the inspiration ring. I then sent these requirements to Perry who asked me to call Leon. I did not feel like it at all!!! I do nog like phone calls. But I had a short but great conversation with a very friendly Leon. (I actually talked with him for a second time for a different project and he has a great sense of humour, listens carefully and has a strong artistic view). He suggested to change 3 requirements in a very friendly way: have double prongs instead of 2, have a low setting (but not flat as a pancake) instead of medium height, and have a shank width of 2.6-2.7 instead of 3 to avoid a 'metal look'. I was happy to conform with his suggestions. In the end I just wanted a fabulous ring.
I requested a photo of the line-up with the frenchies (which I got) and a photo of the finished ring (which I did not receive despite asking for it 3 times. I did recrive a beautiful video though and made stills myself.

After signing the work order, it took 6 weeks for the ring to finish.
There was a little hick- up regarding the shipping but that was solved quickly.

_18319.jpg

_18320.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

CUSTOMER SERVICE
I had communicated with Rachel, Perry and Leon. They are relatively quick to respond, but not very 'chatty' via e-mail. I cannot blame them, but it is a different approach compared to other US vendors I worked with. I did send an e-mail to Leon twice thanking him for his work, once after receiving the video and once after seeing the ring in real life. He did not respond but I do not blame him: he could be ill, away from work or liking the compliments and go on with his life. I did get friendly e-mails back from Perry and Rachel though.

But I would recommend working with Leon and his team as they do a fabulous job. To specify: I would reconnend working with them if it concerns minimal changes on an already existing design OR if you can meet with them in person and let Leon create a fabulous new design. I would not recommend working with them if you want to micro manage. You to trust his aesthetic view and talent and trust that the outcome will be fabulous.

FRENCH CUT COMPARISON
I just louped the high dome frenchies and they are fabulous!
In normal life, I must say that the more geometric lines of my Sophia setting by Victor are more apparent somehow. It's hard to explain and I did not expect it as on photo's I always prefer the high dome or true antique frenchies. The shank in my Sophia setting is tapered and especially the larger frenchies are so unique! But I guess it is hard to compare as the true antique frenchies in my Paraiba ring are so small.

COMPARISON LEON VS VICTOR
As my rings from LM and VC have a lot in common it would be easy to compare them to see who is 'best'. But why compare Rembrandt with Van Gogh? :???:
I appreciate the geometric, art deco lines of Victor's work.
I appreciate the soft, romantic and feminine curves of Leon's work.

Both my rings have heirloom quality.

CONCLUSION
The craftmanship and design of the ring are fabulous. And - while I love the subdued glow of the true antique frenchies - I think I prefer the look of the geometric regular frenchies. To me this ring is all about the Paraiba which has the most amazing colour I have ever seen in the world. I love love love the relatively low setting and the round and feminine lines of my Leon ring.

Thank you Leon and team for a gorgeous ring!!!! :love:
And thank you PSers for the lovely comments :wavey:

_18321.jpg

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock

Ohhhh......... SIGH....... I have loved your big VC Diamond ring ever since you
first posted pics of it, and I love it every time I see your avatar...
But THIS

IS

AMAZING

BEYOND

BELIEF !!!!

truly a dream come true ! :love: :love: :love:

Ganesha

Shiny_Rock

Oh my goodness! The color of that stone! And in such an exquisite setting too. Unbelievably gorgeous!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

redwood66|1400336079|3674877 said:
I have to keep coming back to see this beauty! You are delighting me me with more pics. Such a gorgeous stone and setting! And the color is out of this world! Enjoy it as I know you will. :love:

Ah! Thank you for your kind words Redwood!! I already feel this is a forever ring and I am enjoying it to the max :D

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ooo~Shiney!|1400419263|3675426 said:
Ohhhh......... SIGH....... I have loved your big VC Diamond ring ever since you
first posted pics of it, and I love it every time I see your avatar...
But THIS

IS

AMAZING

BEYOND

BELIEF !!!!

truly a dream come true ! :love: :love: :love:

Such a huge compliment!!! Thank you ooo-Shiney for liking my rings and especially this one:wavey:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ganesha|1400426463|3675480 said:
Oh my goodness! The color of that stone! And in such an exquisite setting too. Unbelievably gorgeous!

Thank you Ganesha!! There is nothing I would change about this ring, especially the colour of the Paraiba. It glows from within!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks for the new pics! :love:

DK :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results