shape
carat
color
clarity

Panic!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 10:24:07 AM
Author: elledizzy5
Unfortunately, she IS the branch manager. She''s the highest one there.

FF and I are heading in shortly. I think she may speed things up if we''re there.

We''re not leaving until the diamond is in our possession.
good FOR YOU!! Do not hesitate to call up another branch and ask for their general manager.

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
OMG this is totally unacceptable!!

closing all accounts and switching banks does not sound too harsh at ALL - in fact it doesn''t sound harsh enough!!

I hope you get it all sorted out!

katica

Shiny_Rock
I wouldn''t call that same lady every half-hour. That''s not going to help. Make sure you contact the bank''s complaints officer, compliance officer, ombudsman and even write to the CEO. Often, if just a junior person is trying to get things done within an organization, the rest of the juniors don''t give him/her enough weight. But if she has the CEO/legal counsel/officers to back her up vis-a-vis other bank employees, then you can be sure your case will get top priority.

You should always be getting paperwork for anything you leave anywhere. Not to scare you but maybe the reason you didn''t get any paperwork and there''s NO paper trail at all is because the specific individual who opened your SDB back in the day just pocketed your ring? Do you remember who you dealt with back then? I really hope that didn''t happen.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, we just left the bank.

WITH THE RING!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

We were at the bank for nearly 2 hours this morning while she tried to sort this mess out. As it turns out, there is no record AT ALL within the bank of us owning this safe deposit box. The rental agreement has disappeared from the planet, and we never received a copy, obviously. There are THREE ways that this rental should have been recorded. The computer, a written rental agreement, and a log that the bank is required to keep for 7 years, of who enters the safe deposit box area. You have to sign in to do so, and somehow us signing in 9 months ago simply disappeared.

Corporate left it up to her discretion to let us in. So she, the branch manager, the assistant manager, and me and FF had to go in together to open the box and verify the contents of it. The diamond was in there safe and sound, and now it''s with me. We''re going to get it appraised and insured today.

I am so, so, so relieved. Thank you again everyone for your advice, support, and supportive rage!
2.gif

I can''t believe this happened!

Lesson learned. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS get documentation of EVERYTHING. Trust no one!
37.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
OH THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *sigh of relief* I was so worried for you when I read this. That would have been terrible had it been gone.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
YAY!!! That''s amazing news elle! I''m so glad things worked out.
36.gif
36.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 12:35:27 PM
Ok, we just left the bank.

WITH THE RING!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

We were at the bank for nearly 2 hours this morning while she tried to sort this mess out. As it turns out, there is no record AT ALL within the bank of us owning this safe deposit box. The rental agreement has disappeared from the planet, and we never received a copy, obviously. There are THREE ways that this rental should have been recorded. The computer, a written rental agreement, and a log that the bank is required to keep for 7 years, of who enters the safe deposit box area. You have to sign in to do so, and somehow us signing in 9 months ago simply disappeared.

Corporate left it up to her discretion to let us in. So she, the branch manager, the assistant manager, and me and FF had to go in together to open the box and verify the contents of it. The diamond was in there safe and sound, and now it's with me. We're going to get it appraised and insured today.

I am so, so, so relieved. Thank you again everyone for your advice, support, and supportive rage!
2.gif

I can't believe this happened!

Lesson learned. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS get documentation of EVERYTHING. Trust no one!
37.gif

Yay Elle!!!! I'm so SO happy for you! And relieved!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank goodness!!! I was afraid I was going to have to go kick some bank managing @$$. And that wouldn''t be fun for anyone...

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Thank goodness that drama is solved.

So glad you have the ring back :D

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad everything is settled and you have your ring!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Thank goodness it all worked out! Are you still thinking about closing your accounts there?

tlh

Ideal_Rock
and now I exhale!

I am soo happy it worked out!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes! Time to breathe!
3.gif

I suppose no @$$ kicking is necessary anymore. Sorry to those of you (*ahem* Freke) who were all excited for the BofA beat down.
2.gif

We''re both just so relieved that the whole thing is over that all the anger kind of washed away. They did apologize for everything, and gave us a free year for the safe deposit box, so I think we''ll keep our accounts there. Forgive, but don''t forget!
27.gif

Now that the diamond is in my posession again (MUAHAHAHA!) I''m planning on taking some more photographs tonight.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
That''s awesome news!!! I bet you''re just so relieved. Way to have tenacity to go in there and demand what is yours.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 1:22:57 PM
Now that the diamond is in my posession again (MUAHAHAHA!) I''m planning on taking some more photographs tonight.
YAY!!!! I was coming back to ask!!!!I do love me some photos...

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
OOOOO you naughty naughty girl
27.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Really glad you got that fiasco solved!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Phew, that is WONDERFUL that you have the diamond safe and sound in your possession (and with a camera to boot!
31.gif
)! We all knew it would end up ok, but it''s so good to actually HEAR that it''s fine!! Yay! Celebrate by taking a few hundred pics, ok?
27.gif
9.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
What a stinkin'' relief. I''ve been wondering about this all morning.

Can''t wait for the celebratory pics!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thank GOD!!! Get her appraised, set, and keep it on your finger!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad that worked out. Yay for pics!

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
I am SOOOO glad it all worked out for you! Thank god nothing happened to that diamond and it is now safe with you!

Can''t wait to see photos!!

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
OMG Im glad you got it... BUT for anyone else.. they should have video record of you in the bank and going into the safe so they should have been able to get the security videos to prove you were in there too... I cant believe that happened.. I woulda freaken killed them LOL

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great news! I''m glad it''s all been solved.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Elle. I was just sick reading through your thread. I am so glad it was resolved! Hopefully now your FF will speed up the engagement--since it is obviously safest on your finger!
25.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yah Congrats!! glad it all worked out!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
They did apologize for everything, and gave us a free year for the safe deposit box, so I think we''ll keep our accounts there.

With many, many copies of the new paperwork, I hope!!! I''m so glad that everything is okay, and I hope the rest of your ring shopping/setting/getting goes smoothly and enjoyably!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Celebratory pics!!
31.gif
31.gif

P3090013.jpg

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another...

P3090019.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results