shape
carat
color
clarity

Panic!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
I. Would. FREAK.

I cannot even believe how calm you are!!!!

I''m sure you will get it back, but seriously?!?!!?!

I would have screamed for a manager, district manager, even the freaking CEO if it were me!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I would make a scene no questions about that.
I would also get everyones name and the names o ftheir supervisors.
I don''t even think i would leave the bank until the ring was in my posession.

I''m so angry for you!
29.gif

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Elle, that totally sucks. I''m going to be thinking about this and anxiously awaiting your posts on Monday when you find out any information.

I''ve got my fingers crossed for you.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Oh...my...gosh....Elle!!!!
I am so sorry you''re going through this. You would think that the bank would have some sort of system in place rather than just giving you a key.
What are your next steps in this fiasco?

katica

Shiny_Rock
Hi I am so sorry to hear this.

They must have a reversal look up record no? Where they can look up the box number and THEN see who owns it. Speaking as a banking lawyer - I would make sure you keep perfect records of all of your communications with your bank. Also, if they haven''t fixed the mess by Monday you should write a letter explaining the situation and demanding rectification ASAP. Give one copy to the bank and send a copy to whatever governmental agency is responsible for regulating the consumer affairs of banks in your jurisdiction (make sure the letter mentions that you''re sending a copy to the agency - it''ll light a fire under the bank''s butt and your problem will receive lots of attention in the bank). In Canada the agency is the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC). I don''t know what the equivalent would be called in the States or in your specific state.
Good luck I hope this gets sorted out ASAP.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
If that was me....

Someone would either be getting a mastectomy or a castration.
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Elle! Holy crap! My stomach just pitched down to the floor and that''s just from READING what you are going through!
23.gif

Is there anyone specific at your bank who is/was in charge of the merger between the bank you opened the box with and BOA? Surely, SURELY someone can access the paperwork from when you opened the account--maybe you just need to find the right person to talk to about it.

But seriously, I am majorly impressed at how you are handling this. Crying in the parking lot? Big deal--I would''ve been an incoherent mess of sobbing and yelling and all sorts of other emotional extremes. You are handling it fabulously, but yeah, they seriously need to get their acts together and find your info. Then when they do, make photocopies of everything so this heart attack doesn''t happen ever again.

*big hugs*

chocolatefudge

Shiny_Rock
Oh My God!! I can''t believe this can happen. I really hope it gets sorted soon, and as others have said, I also think you are being very calm about it. Don''t worry about a few tears!!
When the bank lost my SO''s pay cheque he was sooooooo mad! Can''t imagine how he''d be in your situation!!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Personally I would stay nice for the time being - if your nice they want to be more helpful if they continue on this stupidity then I would make sure heads roll.

WOW UNBELIEVABLE

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Katica, It's funny... they don't have a reversal look up. I know, weird, right? She kept asking the mystery person on the phone, "There's no report I can run to see a list of box numbers, and who they're checked out to? I can't believe there's no report like that!"

Yeah, she thought of it too. And FF is thinking "Man, if I wrote this software, this would NOT have happened"

I will definitely follow your advice if this is not resolved Monday morning, thanks!

Princessplease Next step is to wait. LOL. I know it, it sucks. The branch manager said she would call the messiah of safety deposit boxes the first thing on Monday morning, and call us ASAP. They were closed on Saturday, so I'm just trying to stay calm until then.

Alexis, LOL, FF really wanted to. I was trying my hardest to keep him calm.

Gwen The manager that is there right now has only been there 2 months, when it was already BOA. She called the old manager who was there when it was Lasalle to see if there was anything she could have done differently. No one really knew how to handle it, and because we went on a Saturday, not all the departments in the bank were open.

Oh don't worry Gwen, I had my mini-breakdown yesterday, complete with calling my mommy crying. Ha! I just called her to say "Make me feel better" since she worked at a bank for most of her life. She said even worst case scenario, if they DID drill the box, they hold onto the contents for 7 years. Plus, I can describe the diamond in more detail than most people could, I have pictures, and I know what the diamond was contained in. I'm just reminding myself that it's probably still there, and it will still be there on Monday. Trying to just hold off on spazzing until Monday. Whew.

I will update you guys Monday right away once I hear anything. I'm staying positive that it'll turn out, but I'm just freaked out that the bank messed this up so badly. I learned a couple lessons, also. I should ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS get some sort of paperwork confirmation for my own records. LESSON LEARNED!

All, thanks for your concern and outrage on my behalf! LOL. I'll report back soon!

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! I would lose my mind. I hope they find it!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Oh Christ Elle I would be FREAKING OUT right now! Though thank god you didn''t lose the key, that would just be awful! At least you have some proof...I hope the bank sorts out this mess pronto. I''ll be thinking of you! Keep us updated!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my god! I can''t believe this is happening. Banks aren''t supposed to misplace or lose information like that! I really hope that something gets solved on Monday.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I talked to my fiance about this because it honestly made me feel physically nauseated just reading what you are going through. He said:

1. See if they get it straightened out tomorrow. If they don''t, you contact a lawyer and open a lawsuit against the bank. You sue the bank for damages, as well as theft. You make as BIG a stink as you possibly can. It''s not a matter of scaring the bank, it''s a matter of going public with the issue. That alone will get you somewhere.

2. Do you have the paperwork from when you opened the box? You''ll need that. Also, do you have any paperwork on the ring/diamond that is not in that box, such as a picture or appraisal? You''re going to need that for the lawsuit.

The one thing that stands out the most to him is the fact that you did not pay for the box at the time of opening it. Most banks, including BOA, give you 30 days to pay. After that, it''s not your box anymore. BUT, they should have contacted you as a reminder to pay for the box.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/7/2009 5:56:55 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
I wouldn''t close your accounts yet. Being a customer with BoA history gives you leverage.
I don''t really know about how much leverage you would have had,, I had two business accounts, and personal, and still got treated like crap.. needless to say I''ve switch banks already, and do it all over again in a second.. So sorry to hear about your problem with them... you must be going nuts and anxious this weekened
7.gif
I wish you the best,, don''t forget to post resolutions on here...

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Banks, like any other business these days need customers. They''ll be more willing to work with you if you''re customers and can threaten to take your business elsewhere. Additionally, the fact that you have a history with them adds to your case of being the owners of the deposit box. I''d be more wary of strangers who''ve never used the bank before claiming possession of a SDB.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Elle hun, sending lots of dust your way this morning. I hope they get it all straightened out. And THANK YOU for sharing your story because this week we are supposed to get a safety box...

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Awww elle, I have no advice because I would have no clue what to do if I were in your situation! I hope everything gets straightened out today.

**BIG HUGS**

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
I am 5 hours ahead and sooo antsy and upset for you. Please update us as soon as you know anything. This is so frustrating and makes me want to punch someone. Also makes me think I should start putting things under my mattress, may be safer.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 9:07:29 AM
Author: sba771
I am 5 hours ahead and sooo antsy and upset for you. Please update us as soon as you know anything. This is so frustrating and makes me want to punch someone. Also makes me think I should start putting things under my mattress, may be safer.
I ditto this, updates when you hear anything!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
She was supposed to call us this morning when she got in, and it''s now 10 AM here. FF called her to see what was up, and she said she was "working on it."
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif

FF said "So we''ll hear from you within a half hour or so?"

"We''ll see, I''m working on it"

This lady is SO VAGUE that it''s driving me crazy. I am seriously pissed that they aren''t taking this more seriously. I''ve been waiting all weekend, and she is still not taking it as seriously as she should be. FF and I will probably just go in pretty soon if we don''t hear back.

I''m so much more mad now at BOA. This is not OK.
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i would be irate! my stomach is in knots just thinking about it!
32.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Elle, I can''t believe this is happening! I would be panicking too...I know that isn''t helpful, but I can see why you''re about to lose your mind!!!!

BoA BETTER find your diamond...that''s all I have to say about this.

29.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
I would march right in there and refuse to deal with anyone but the bank manager. Enough is enough. Once that sucker is in your posession I would immediately cancel my accounts and withdraw all of it! This is making me so angry for you!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 10:12:24 AM
Author: elledizzy5
She was supposed to call us this morning when she got in, and it's now 10 AM here. FF called her to see what was up, and she said she was 'working on it.'
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif

FF said 'So we'll hear from you within a half hour or so?'

'We'll see, I'm working on it'

This lady is SO VAGUE that it's driving me crazy. I am seriously pissed that they aren't taking this more seriously. I've been waiting all weekend, and she is still not taking it as seriously as she should be. FF and I will probably just go in pretty soon if we don't hear back.

I'm so much more mad now at BOA. This is not OK.
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
I would call her back ina half hour and keep calling, make a stink, don't be afraid to be annoying you have every right to know whats going on! That's your ring and your valuables. if she gives you any attitude or is still vague ask to talk to her superior, I'll tell you that will get the ball rolling

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Unfortunately, she IS the branch manager. She''s the highest one there.

FF and I are heading in shortly. I think she may speed things up if we''re there.

We''re not leaving until the diamond is in our possession.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
DIAMOND DUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
This may sounds crazy, but I know this information is out there somewhere on the internet- google and find the CEO's email and contact information and start calling and emailing. Seriously, you would be surprised how quickly that branch manager would start working if you tell them you have the CEO's contact info and have contacted them.

Edit: I love google- I believe the CEO is Kenneth Lewis
[email protected]
and corporate HQ
100 North Tryon Street
Charlotte, North Carolina 28255

United States

Phone: 704-386-5681
Fax: 704-386-6699

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 10:12:24 AM
Author: elledizzy5
This lady is SO VAGUE that it's driving me crazy. I am seriously pissed that they aren't taking this more seriously. I've been waiting all weekend, and she is still not taking it as seriously as she should be. FF and I will probably just go in pretty soon if we don't hear back.

I'm so much more mad now at BOA. This is not OK.
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
Oh my gosh this is MADNESS elle!!!!!!
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
I would be incredibly upset too. Not only because of their obvious mistake, but because they are just going about the situation like it's nothing..............
29.gif
29.gif
NOT COOL!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I''m just sick over this for you--I hope you can get everything sorted ASAP!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results