shape
carat
color
clarity

paging AGBF

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am still thinking of ways to "dress up" my small sapphire from Gary Braun. I did everything to spoil it by asking for a recut but the color is do die for. I liked your tanzanite ring by Rupert, just wanted to know if you have any other threads of his items. I thought that he might find ways to "balance" the shape of my stone.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
crasru|1310358674|2966260 said:
I am still thinking of ways to "dress up" my small sapphire from Gary Braun. I did everything to spoil it by asking for a recut but the color is do die for. I liked your tanzanite ring by Rupert, just wanted to know if you have any other threads of his items. I thought that he might find ways to "balance" the shape of my stone.

Hi, crasru! I never saw this. I skipped reading the Colored Stones forum for a few days, during which time you must have posted this. Tonight I decided to read through the titles of some "old' threads and saw it!

Where is the thread on your sapphire from Gary Braun? I would like to see it! Tell me what you don't like about the recut sapphire unless you were very explicit about it in that thread, too. I can probably post some photos of items Rupert has made for me, but I haven't got photographs of everything. What he has made for me is also, of course, only a tiny sampling of his work! He is very, very good!

I look forward to seeing a link to your thread.

Deb
:read:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK I wanted to lead to to a thread about the sapphire but I am afraid of anyone seeing these pictures again, they are out of focus and the stone looks potato-shaped in them. It is a very, very pretty stone, color-wise it is saturated and deep blue with just a hint of violet, it is elongated and hence needs some "handles" to balance it. Also, because it is deep-blue I do not want to halo it or do anything that might darken it. My idea was a pronged setting, with pears, trillions or even round diamonds on the side. I am going to take some photos tomorrow morning, and post them later. I fell in love with that ring of yours, and I thought I could browse through some of his work to get an idea of what I want. Thank you for seeing my page and responding. :wavey:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
so... O realized that I shall never make better photos, all the more so that my new laptop has the worst monitor ever - everything comes washed out on it. The good part is, it is easy to appreciate other people's stones, to see what is saturated and what is not. The bad part, everything comes so washed out I am almost afraid to buy form ebay for fear of buying something too dark...
However, since I am in dire need of setting this stone, I am posting very bad pictures so that you can have an idea. I diamonds as side stones.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/queston.163676/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/queston.163676/[/URL]

and these are photos of two sapphires. I was focusing on Jeff White's one. Gary's is the smaller of the two but I think one could appreciate the color. I had it certified by AGL as unheated. It comes from Ceylon. I think it will make a nice ring.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/sapphires.149439/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/sapphires.149439/[/URL]

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for posting the links, crasru. I read the other threads, but I thought we had better get up a photo of the sapphire you now own and are using into this thread. One thing I don't understand is whether you had this stone recut after buying it! You mentioned being sorry you had had it recut (I thought). I am hoping that you did not change it since the pictures were taken since it is so beautiful in them! I don't know how I missed this thread!

I am also not sure whether seeing any of Rupert's other work will be what you need to see to set this stone. I suspect that you either need to sit down with Rupert (or "a Rupert" ) who has a lot of time for you or you need to be able to talk and talk-(as I did-in a long thread about a red spinel) where you keep bouncing ideas off people until you clarify for yourself what you really want. I encourage you to keep talking until you get all the ideas that that you need to make a decision with which you are comfortable. In the meantime, I will post anything I have photographed of Rupert's...but not much is relevant to your decision.

Good luck!

Deb/AGBF

Attachments

• crasrusapphire.bmp
    680.7 KB · Views: 166

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would look for sapphire pears to pull the eye away from the tall, thin look of the long, thin oval...but put some round, colorless diamonds between the oval sapphire and sapphire pears and see how that looked. I don't mean I'd set it that way. I mean I'd go to a jeweler and ask him to get those stones to allow you to lay them out and see what they looked like. I think sapphire pears might complement the sapphire oval beautifully, but you need some diamonds in between the sapphires!

Deb/AGBF

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results