shape
carat
color
clarity

Padparadscha Recut

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
I’m in love

Judging by the skin in the pic I think the contrast color and all that is an accurate representation. I added some contrast in one pic for reference but damn I think it looks amazing

I get it Friday!!! These are from the jeweler

FE8CA054-E373-462E-9A76-5E2BDE20CF48.jpeg D895D0C3-286A-46E1-974E-8F4C42C4E13C.jpeg

Such a pretty setting for the stone. I have been looking at some used settings that don't have any diamond melee and I am about to pick up one of them today actually. I think if the gemstone has nice color and sparkle it can stand on its own like yours does. Hurry up and get that ring on your hand and take some photos please!

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
I utterly love this. I have a huge (6ct) orangey pad with a gigantic window. It is as flat as a pancake and I’d love to get it recut but thought I’d lose half the weight of the stone. This is a brilliant fix.

May I ask who did this?

I live in the Middle East and know no reliable cutters that I could trust with this kind of stone.

I’m in love

Judging by the skin in the pic I think the contrast color and all that is an accurate representation. I added some contrast in one pic for reference but damn I think it looks amazing

FE8CA054-E373-462E-9A76-5E2BDE20CF48.jpeg D895D0C3-286A-46E1-974E-8F4C42C4E13C.jpeg

Wow, I still can't get over how your lapidary was able to transform the light play in that stone, all while working with under 3mm of depth. :!: So clever... the brightness is 100% improved. Congrats!!

demantoidz

Brilliant_Rock
So smart and beautiful. The cut reminds me of John Dyer fantasy cuts which demand a premium and also characteristically can be very shallow, like this 3mm peach sapphire.
Although I don't have shallow stones that need a recut I would love to see this cutter's work, if you don't mind sharing.

Screenshot 2022-03-10 at 14-31-41 Peach Sapphire Starbrite™ Cut 1 32 carats John Dyer Gems.png

Last edited:

margauxmines

Shiny_Rock
I’m in love

What a transformation!!! It's gorgeous :kiss2:

Bonsai

Shiny_Rock
Thx everyone. I actually feel like the fantasy cut really compliments the setting too more than I imagined. It's a local place that does these settings. My husband always wanted to get me a ring form there but I never wanted to drop the $. Then he died and I bought myself a few things I never wanted to spend $ on during our marriage b/c it's my motivation to keep working tbh. So its special to me. Anyways I used to not be crazy about these settings. This place does some filigree type work I like but the setting itself really grew on me and I loved the color of the stone. It wasn't a bad price for a padparadscha ring at the time. The window just got to me it was a black hole and now its so nice.

Chris Wolfsberg did it. I actually approached John Dyer first b/c I have a killer sapphire from him. He has some really nice parti colored stones from time to time. (mine's attached). Christ cuts some for John to my understanding and John sent me to him. John actually told me not to do it but he didn't email me till after I'd already contacted Chris and Chris was sure he could do it and I was like eh it looks ugly so lets try it. So glad I did. John thought the gem looked smokey (could have been my pic) and might not turn out well.

It went down from what 1.2 ct to .83 ct. it still fits in the setting obviously. I assume cutters make these crappy cuts to keep it at 1 ct size. I got a new appraisal and the new jeweler appraised the ring at $5400 I believe.

I know John commands a premium price on his cuts.
I had originally went to Sennin Esko b/c I have a fantasy cut of his that's really shallow but he only cuts his own stones. I'll prob send Chris something different here soon I have 1 other 2 ct unheated sapphire in a heart but the cut isn't great; its just not a strong heart. Chris is a great guy.

Bonsai

Shiny_Rock
it comes in tomorrow I'll post pics. I had originally thought of buying a new stone for the setting but that's pricey and I truly do love the color of this stone, that's why I bought it in the first place. Its just ideal to me.

I was browsing padparadscha's online and it really looks like they don't cost that much anyways, in just basic cuts... but that's for another day. This went from being my meh ring to my dream ring.

BTW if you go to Chris tell him Abby sent you pls :) I told him I'd send him some business.

So smart and beautiful. The cut reminds me of John Dyer fantasy cuts which demand a premium and also characteristically can be very shallow, like this 3mm peach sapphire.
Although I don't have shallow stones that need a recut I would love to see this cutter's work, if you don't mind sharing.

Screenshot 2022-03-10 at 14-31-41 Peach Sapphire Starbrite™ Cut 1 32 carats John Dyer Gems.png

Are you in the legal profession, @demantoidz? I ask because, this is what we would call an "on all fours" bit of research. It amazes me how you're always able to pull something so relevant from memory or studying, and effortlessly drop it into a discussion. This gem is almost a dead ringer for @Bonsai's recut. And it too has a super shallow pavilion. It never ceases to amaze me how savvy PSers are... incredible.

demantoidz

Brilliant_Rock
Are you in the legal profession, @demantoidz? I ask because, this is what we would call an "on all fours" bit of research. It amazes me how you're always able to pull something so relevant from memory or studying, and effortlessly drop it into a discussion. This gem is almost a dead ringer for @Bonsai's recut. And it too has a super shallow pavilion. It never ceases to amaze me how savvy PSers are... incredible.

Thanks for the compliment here and on the other thread. You are too kind. You are gonna encourage me to spam even more in the lotto thread :lol-2:If anything I need humbling. Not in the legal profession (though I searched the term you mentioned), actually in computer science and still finding my niche in the workplace.

I think in this case at least, Dyers cuts are so recognizable, making the connection is not that impressive. :)

Bonsai

Shiny_Rock
It’s done yay!!!!!
It looks amazing and way exceeded what I could have imagined
The color of the stone matches the rose gold perfectly
It’s a drab day here weather wise but here’s an unedited video

Congrats again and enjoy, @Bonsai! You know when they makeover a person on TV? That has never interested me. But these sorts of makeovers are thrilling!

OneKuhlChic

Shiny_Rock
Few years back I had purchased a pad sapphire from a local jeweler set in a ring. Lovely color at least I think. The ring was overall a good price but the cut began to bother me b/c the window was too glaring and dark. I got it recut and I think it looks so much better just in these pics I think. I feel like It will handle light much better and it was already a pancake stone so a fantasy cut was the only option I think.....I wanted to keep the size b/c its going back in the same ring.
I'll post pics when the rings done. I'm really excited about it.

IMG_6936.JPG IMG_6938.JPG
20220225_201537-jpg.876232
20220225_201607_0.jpg

OMG, night and day!!! No one would know it's the same stone! o_O

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning result! It looks amazing.

Bonsai

Shiny_Rock
so I sent this to GIA for a report from them as well. It looks like GIA labeled it as "orange". I have to be honest I'm not seeing "orange" but... whats you all's thoughts.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks light orange to me in the top two photos above (the ones i can see the best). Hard to say -- monitor, lighting, etc.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results