shape
carat
color
clarity

Ouros OEC M SI1… help

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
You can ask Ella for a list of stones they already have. She will send you a spreadsheet. I wouldn’t go for anything under a G though. Their diamond’s have a lot of brown tint. I am not talking about the color grade listed on their cert. It is more of a background muddy brown color that I see in almost every lower color diamond (H and under). There are also no returns if you don’t like it. I just ordered an OEC from my jeweler in LA that I will have tomorrow. I found his prices for an 8.5mm precision cut OEC in a G/VS to be cheaper then what I was quoted from the Chinese companies.

The Ouros OEC lab diamond is a good deal but the cut is more transitional. I don’t see as much body tint though as I do from the Chinese stones so I would probably pick that one instead.

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock
I have an OMC from Ouros and it looks like how it looked in Ouros’s photos. So what you see is probably what you’ll get.

Tianyu looks like they have very budget friendly oecs on their website in LG and moissanite. I have seen modern Tianyu LGs around the web but not antique Tianyu LGs other than their loose stones for sale. Somebody go buy some :)

@oncrutchesrightnow are there photos of your Ouros OMC? I feel like he's just kinda exploring how to cut stuff, and I'm looking for some medium side stones to match an antique cushion I have, so it would be super helpful to see what he has cut... Not to threadjack, ha, but his "OMC" offerings on Etsy right now are kinda... Variable? Some look modern, the antique ones are basically antique cushions and not OMCs... :think:

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
@oncrutchesrightnow are there photos of your Ouros OMC? I feel like he's just kinda exploring how to cut stuff, and I'm looking for some medium side stones to match an antique cushion I have, so it would be super helpful to see what he has cut... Not to threadjack, ha, but his "OMC" offerings on Etsy right now are kinda... Variable? Some look modern, the antique ones are basically antique cushions and not OMCs... :think:

Your instincts are correct. I have two that he calls OMC. The first one is what I think most people probably have in mind. I am very happy with the diamond. The setting quality matches the price.

781C8854-08D7-4399-BB2B-6AB095213E03.jpeg
F6470B0F-17C5-4B20-8796-A0CFE067E56B.jpeg

The second one is more of a crushed ice look. It is still pretty.

58E08AE5-4B69-48BA-B150-B4C2D8004F3E.jpeg

If you contact him you are welcome to use my photos to show him which one you want.

I hope someone gets an OMC LGD from Tianyu and posts it here. Or an OEC. Their prices are mighty competitive. The photos of their antique LGD look great on theor alibaba site so am curious how they look in real life when set.

Also Diamondrensu of moissanite fame now apparently sells LGD. He does a lot of antique cuts in moissy and might be willing to cut OMC in LGD too.

Whatever you do please come back and post photos so that we can gush over them and so that more vendors become motivated to offer custom and antique cuts in affordable LGD.

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock

Is this a quality OEC? I have reached out for more pictures and videos in different lighting conditions. Apparently they can do this in a 6-prong platinum solitaire for only $2,225! My eyes nearly fell out of my head! I’m unsure if this stone is price scope quality though… thoughts?

I almost bought this stone!! I really liked it.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Somebody buy this already!

kellie gosselin

Rough_Rock
I feel very torn. If I go for it, maybe 18k yellow or rose gold? I’m scared of buying it and then hating it. This is an important purchase to me and is also a very expensive purchase for me. I wish he had other stones available. Is there anywhere else I can look at lab old cuts? I checked out New World Diamonds but couldn’t find old cuts on their site.

I am in the same boat.. pondering buying an M OEC, maybe from him too, and not loving the warmth like I think I would definately do yellow or rose gold though.

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock

There's a new actual-OEC style at Ouros! Smaller table for sure, I calculated depth at 62.6%. What do you think of the cutting??

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results