OTL

Brilliant_Rock

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, serious droolfest!

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. That orange spinel is gorgeous! :love::love: And that yellow sapphire...holy cow! :-o
I returned the orange spinel, no matter how sweet it is outdoor, it will go slightly darker and brownish indoor.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:oops:

I actually don't own too many stones I think...I have only one gem box, one jewelry box. No more than 100 stones.
It's not the quantity, but the quality, and you own some exceptional pieces.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
It's not the quantity, but the quality, and you own some exceptional pieces.
Thank you TL, it means a lot coming from you.
I agree I should definitely slow down and show more love to the pieces I made. It's a matter of self-control. And I am really bad at it.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Commissioning a stone with Jeff White, oh, this happened two weeks ago. Not part of the self-control plan:oops:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you TL, it means a lot coming from you.
I agree I should definitely slow down and show more love to the pieces I made. It's a matter of self-control. And I am really bad at it.

I don't mind your lack of self control. In fact, I hope to one day own one of your pieces, when you grow bored with it (or sell it to fund another project). :lol: I'm always watching LT for your listings. :kiss:

What did you commission with Jeff White?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous lavender pear halo ring! Any handshots to share?

And your yellow sapphire! Oh lala!!!

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
I don't mind your lack of self control. In fact, I hope to one day own one of your pieces, when you grow bored with it (or sell it to fund another project). :lol: I'm always watching LT for your listings. :kiss:

What did you commission with Jeff White?

A blue tourmaline, I missed the one in last gem scoop. Jeff provided a commission option.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A blue tourmaline, I missed the one in last gem scoop. Jeff provided a commission option.

Man, I missed out on that one too. Can't wait to see yours!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are wise to do that, OTL, for I believe by far and away Jeff has the best eye when it comes to color in general but blue tourmaline in particular. Years ago, he cut me a matching pair and they still take my breath away when I see them! I'm sure yours will be beautiful as well.

xcacaox

Rough_Rock
That moon stone ring... Geez! (Compliment) Seriously, I'm always too lazy to log on but you (and your moonstone ring) just made me log on. That is so, so amazing!!! What a brilliant yet lovely idea!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing spessartite, and the demantoid to die for!

luxroman

Rough_Rock
Your rainbow moonstone earrings are so beautiful OTL! Would you mind sharing from whom you got them?

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Bought a pad sapphire, 2.23ct no heat padparadscha sapphire from Sri Lanka.
I like it due to the large table size and no window.
It's a 9x7mm table, almost a calibrated dimension. I find it lucky to find such good pad sapphires, as most of them are so windowed or very small table with fat pavilion.

Pad-9484zr-2_23a.jpg

Pad-9484zr-2_23b.jpg

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
I don't have any ideas in mind for it yet

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning OTL! I love the color on this one...not too pastel.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You keep turning up wonders, OTL!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
This thread is amazing. It takes me ages to set one stone...I don't know how you crank out these beautiful pieces. Your jeweler is also amazing.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
This thread is amazing. It takes me ages to set one stone...I don't know how you crank out these beautiful pieces. Your jeweler is also amazing.
I actually slowed down recently. Didn't buy any new stones other than the pad sapphire.
Yes, my jeweler is pretty good, so I don't worry a lot as a matter of that, which is probably why I can set many things at once.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
I have update re the commission tourmaline with Jeff, the yield stone has a tone darker than the gemscoop stone, so I did not go ahead and buy it.. I fell in love with the gemscoop stone due to the brightness of it, however, this one just doesn't meet the criteria. This is the first time I commission a stone, my thoughts it's quite a gamble, you can't really promise the outcome to be good, or as expected. Personally I don't see myself commission stones anymore, at least not tourmaline. As single refractive stones spinel or garnet maybe a better choice for commissioning?

TML340f.jpg

TML351.jpg

Attachments

• thumbnail_TML351.jpg
    thumbnail_TML351.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 18

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing your experience on commissioning a stone. So sorry the outcome was not a pleasant surprise for you.

Personally I have had a few great experiences on commissioning stones (my natural blue opal, electric blue opal , green blue tourmaline) and one HUGE disappointment a yellow stone that turned truly ugly after heating). I do hope you will find the courage again to commission a stone as you have a great eye for stones and it can be a super pleasant surprise.

TheElms

Shiny_Rock
I have update re the commission tourmaline with Jeff, the yield stone has a tone darker than the gemscoop stone, so I did not go ahead and buy it.. I fell in love with the gemscoop stone due to the brightness of it, however, this one just doesn't meet the criteria. This is the first time I commission a stone, my thoughts it's quite a gamble, you can't really promise the outcome to be good, or as expected. Personally I don't see myself commission stones anymore, at least not tourmaline. As single refractive stones spinel or garnet maybe a better choice for commissioning?

TML340f.jpg

TML351.jpg
I'm sorry it didn't turn out as hoped. But I agree with Acinom, don't give up!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which one is the one you commissioned - the hand shot or his signature shot? I find them both very pretty, as usual, since I love his eye for color.

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

TML340f.jpg

TML351.jpg

Did you see the photo of the rough before you commission the stone? I also commission a stone from Jeff White after seeing the a piece of rough he showed at the Facebook. Although he said the rough I commissioned has similar colour to the rough on his Facebook, my rough is more green and not as bright as the one on Facebook. I haven't received my stone yet.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for sharing your experience on commissioning a stone. So sorry the outcome was not a pleasant surprise for you.

Personally I have had a few great experiences on commissioning stones (my natural blue opal, electric blue opal , green blue tourmaline) and one HUGE disappointment a yellow stone that turned truly ugly after heating). I do hope you will find the courage again to commission a stone as you have a great eye for stones and it can be a super pleasant surprise.

Thanks Acinom. Turns out I only have good judgement on faceted stones, not rough :)

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Did you see the photo of the rough before you commission the stone? I also commission a stone from Jeff White after seeing the a piece of rough he showed at the Facebook. Although he said the rough I commissioned has similar colour to the rough on his Facebook, my rough is more green and not as bright as the one on Facebook. I haven't received my stone yet.
I did, but due to lack of experience I can't tell much from the rough. Jeff recommended it after I missed the gemscoop tourmaline so I just assumed. You know, you should never just assume... :p

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Which one is the one you commissioned - the hand shot or his signature shot? I find them both very pretty, as usual, since I love his eye for color.
The handshot one, it's overly dark to my eyes.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Good eye, OTL...not sure I would've keyed in on the difference in tone!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think I own the stone in the JW pic. To my eye, mine has a slight green modifier the custom cut one does not. Oddly enough, I hesitated briefly when buying mine because I was looking for more of a pure blue tourmaline. Sorry you were disappointed as I think it's still lovely.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results