shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW OTL's acquisition

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Incredible collection! So many pretty and unique settings. Your jeweler friend has done amazing work. I think my favorite is the blue spinel. Mmm... Love the demantoids too! Thanks for sharing!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Love them all. No favourites. Will happily wear all of them!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I forgot where I find the original setting, it's been saving in my hard drive for years. I have more photos I can share when I got home if you like.
Great! Thank you.

arabella

Shiny_Rock
Oh my gosh I love this new batch you've shared with us! I especially love the demantoid in the setting with the baguettes...but I absolutely love all of them! I love Sholdt's fern line so I'm partial to that tanzanite ring :love:

May I ask how your experience with caratsgems was? I have wanted to purchase from them because I've seen some stones I really like but I'm gunshy due to their location and the possibility of having to send a stone back...did you find that their pictures were accurate to what you saw once you had the stone in hand?

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Arabella,

Sort to thread jack but I have bought something from them in the past and I can say that though they do try to do their best with photos and videos (thank god for the videos), there is a bright flash they use. So just like with some Jeff davies stones you will have to rely on your knowledge of stones a little bit and adjust for brightness. Example if you know rhodolite / umbalite tend to be dark they will be darker than in the photos. I suggest you ask for a natural hand shot, they will share it with you.

I hope this helps and would love to hear OTLs experience too.

Also what exactly is the issue with returns? I figured it wouldn't be too hard.

Oh my gosh I love this new batch you've shared with us! I especially love the demantoid in the setting with the baguettes...but I absolutely love all of them! I love Sholdt's fern line so I'm partial to that tanzanite ring :love:

May I ask how your experience with caratsgems was? I have wanted to purchase from them because I've seen some stones I really like but I'm gunshy due to their location and the possibility of having to send a stone back...did you find that their pictures were accurate to what you saw once you had the stone in hand?

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I especially like your mahenge spinel ring. :love:

freezing_in_MO

Shiny_Rock
Your thread should come with a warning: sunglasses required. I'm still seeing stars! Every one of your rings is beautiful.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Great! Thank you.
Sorry for the delay, I have been busy these days
Here is the original setting photo
IMG_0426.JPG
I only have one photo, no other angles....I digged so hard in my setting folder :razz:

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Your thread should come with a warning: sunglasses required. I'm still seeing stars! Every one of your rings is beautiful.
Thank you, I'm glad to hear that they are also lovely designs to others :)
Hot damn!!! I'm sitting here going "ooh, I like that one" and "ooh, that one too." :love: This is way too much sparkly goodness for one post (but don't stop :lol:). I really love the mahenge halo ring and the demantoid flower ring (which is so cool btw). It's nice to see the pad spinel ring again..I love that one. :kiss2:
I know, I also really love that ring, did you notice I actually changed the end diamond? The original marquise diamond is too long, and will poke my fingers so I change it to a pear diamond. I think it makes it even cuter:D

OTL

Brilliant_Rock

It's been pretty good experiences for me, but I agree with Gemobsessed it requires some knowledge on stones, certain stones tend to look darker, like the prope garnets, or zircons. The lighter toned stones generally tend to remain the same look. I think they are using a quite similar lighting condition as what Jeff Davis is using, also there video photography style looks similar too. So you can actually transfer your experience with Jeff to Caratsgem when shopping. I don't think they photoshop the photo or video, just stronger lighting. I find his video more accurate than photo. My lavender spinel looks the same in his video and in person. No suprise at all.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Incredible collection! So many pretty and unique settings. Your jeweler friend has done amazing work. I think my favorite is the blue spinel. Mmm... Love the demantoids too! Thanks for sharing!
Love them all. No favourites. Will happily wear all of them!
Beautiful! I especially like your mahenge spinel ring. :love:
Thank you ladies! I am very flattered!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, I'm glad to hear that they are also lovely designs to others :)

I know, I also really love that ring, did you notice I actually changed the end diamond? The original marquise diamond is too long, and will poke my fingers so I change it to a pear diamond. I think it makes it even cuter:D

I totally didn't notice. :eek2: I just went and checked it out. I LOVE the new pears. They look like little butterflies now...so freaking cute! :kiss2:

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry for the delay, I have been busy these days
Here is the original setting photo
IMG_0426.JPG
I only have one photo, no other angles....I digged so hard in my setting folder :razz:
Just gorgeous! Placing the demantoids in the setting really makes it stand out. Thank you for posting!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your design sense to bring out the best in your beautiful colored stones continues to amaze me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results