shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW OTL's acquisition

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Stone is 2.90ct, 7.5x7.1x5.2mm. Set in yellow and black. Paired with 4 small tsavorite garnet pear for highlight and contrast.

Reactions: T L

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Black spinel. 2.5cts Not bluish at all. Any blue color is reflection of the sky. The crystal is so clear sparkles maaaadly! Not those ebay opaque black spinels. I'm in a black spinel haul lately. Bought another 3cts round diamond cut. And a 5ct cushion. However I don't have pics for them yet. It just hits the dark and cold side of my heart :)

IMG_9454_副本.jpg

IMG_9456_副本.jpg

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That spinel is so cool!

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
That spinel is so cool!
Yes, they are! I bet black spinels like this will look really good in diamond halo setting, with that strong black and white contrast! I can't wait to set one and see what it looks like!

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, they are! I bet black spinels like this will look really good in diamond halo setting, with that strong black and white contrast! I can't wait to set one and see what it looks like!

Although, I was wondering which color gold for it....Hasn't really seen any great inspiration for black spinel rings...I think it will look good in either white or rose.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Another new ring is this 2cts purple star sapphire ring. Beautiful sharp star effect :)

IMG_1847.JPG

IMG_1848.JPG

IMG_1849.JPG

IMG_1850.JPG

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hells to the yes!!! That would look amazing.:love:

And your spess ring is gorgeous. Can't believe you haven't posted it before now. Great color and a cool design (I wish I had that kind of talent). :kiss:

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Hells to the yes!!! That would look amazing.:love:

And your spess ring is gorgeous. Can't believe you haven't posted it before now. Great color and a cool design (I wish I had that kind of talent). :kiss:

It's not a very artistic design :p, basically anybody can do it. Just a simple modify of a double halo. I do like the black gold part. Can you see it? I really like something black in my ring lately! :razz:

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry for posting too much today, haha, another new ring.
4cts chrysoberyl in white gold. I already have many chrysoberyl rings, however I just couldn't pass one big brilliant chrysoberyl!

IMG_1886.JPG

IMG_1888.JPG

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
One more, and probably the end for today :p

My 3.9ct lavender pink spinel ring is done! I posted in another thread that it will be in a classic halo, so here it is! Sadly no hand shot yet (haven't received it yet)

IMG_1874.JPG

IMG_1875.JPG

IMG_1876.JPG

IMG_1877.JPG

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Pretty please post pics when you complete your ring project. I would love to see what it looks like!

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Pretty please post pics when you complete your ring project. I would love to see what it looks like!
I definitely will! Although it'll be a couple months, I think I will recut the 5cts one first and set that one. I'm keeping this little black cushion in the gem box.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your new rings. That chrysoberyl is so bright! And the spinel ring is so feminine and elegant. Great additions to your collection. :love:

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OTL I've just seen your earrings on LT...how I WISH I could afford them right now! Alas it's not meant to be as I'm already tied up in setting my own rainbow moonstone in a ring. These earrings would so help me on my way of owning a whole rainbow moonstone suit... ack!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
One more, and probably the end for today :p

My 3.9ct lavender pink spinel ring is done! I posted in another thread that it will be in a classic halo, so here it is! Sadly no hand shot yet (haven't received it yet)

IMG_1874.JPG

IMG_1875.JPG

IMG_1876.JPG

IMG_1877.JPG
Love it! That's exactly the setting I have in mind for my pear kunzite.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
My new ring is a 1.5ct violet spinel rose gold ring, it has a certificate claiming to be cobalt spinel, which I actually don't care too much. Nonetheless, it's pretty and bright, doesn't go darker under any lighting which I prefer to have for violet spinels. Shifts to purple indoor. Plus I really love the cutting and polishing on this stone. I think the loose stone pictures are on page 5 :)

IMG_2157.JPG

IMG_2158.JPG

IMG_2159.JPG

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Where do you get the inspiration for your rings/earrings etc?

I love how each one is so unique and not simple!

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! Where do you get the inspiration for your rings/earrings etc?

I love how each one is so unique and not simple!

Everywhere :)
Mainly because I have saved a lot of inspiration images over the years of collecting, I have so many thoughts in my mind. And that leads to so many potential rings to do T T

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
More masterpieces and works of art, OTL! Major gem and setting envy :)

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
OK, No more treats for me this month:cry:...I bought another two just now.
one pair of boulder opal weighs 5.2ct
3.53ct certified vivid yellow no heat yellow sapphire.
I need to dive in the pool to cool it off.

IMG_2334.JPG

IMG_2326.JPG

IMG_2337.JPG

IMG_2338.JPG

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I bought a sweet orange spinel, 1.4ct from Mogok. I have never seen a spinel this orange, like a slightly reddish spessartite garnet.
Is that a flame spinel? I don't think I've ever seen one if those on here. It's beautiful!
o1.jpg

o2.jpg [/Q

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. That orange spinel is gorgeous! :love::love: And that yellow sapphire...holy cow! :-o

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I messed up my quote. I asked if that was a flame spinel. It is lovely! I am also a bit embarrassed because I said that I had not seen one on here, but when I did a search, there were several. I am sorry!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hubba hubba on that yellow sapphire!

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
OTL, you need to open a gem museum.
:oops:

I actually don't own too many stones I think...I have only one gem box, one jewelry box. No more than 100 stones.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results