shape
carat
color
clarity

Other people posting pix of your rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Seriously people, this was one thread about one small topic!?! Don''t go all sour and bitter about it
9.gif

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2005 1:11:00 PM
Author: aljdewey
Date: 8/9/2005 10:06:55 PM

Author: mrssalvo

ahhhh, well I had a good feeling this thread was directed at me. I am truly sorry. someone asked for some help on WF''s work and was having trouble finding anything. I did a quick search and posted a few.

Mrs. Salvo: I just want to go on record as saying you can post pictures of my rings any time you want.
9.gif

You recently posted my rings in the WF custom thread, and I was BEYOND flattered......truly. The fact that you saw them and commented on them brought a much needed smile to my day that day.

To MA: It''s not terribly hard to beat someone to the punch who isn''t here regularly.
2.gif
I can''t say I know how often you''re around. But I do know that you obviously don''t post very much---you''ve had 147 posts in nearly 2 years. If I were a newbie waiting for guidance, I wouldn''t want to hold my breath waiting for you to respond, and I think I''d be grateful that someone else was unselfish enough to post pics that I might find helpful. Just an observation.

Here Here Mssalvo.... you can post my ring if you want as well... I would be flattered.. I love that you help out so much and I am grateful for PScopers like you!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2005 1:21:38 AM
Author: jjaks

But I still ponder why a thread like this is on three pages and I couldn’t get help with a matching a band to an e-ring when I first joined, where were your opinions then? (Please know that I say this with a smile and have an ill sense of humor

11.gif
).

I realize it''s just an off-the-cuff comment, but I seem to think this is the second time you''ve commented about not getting help when you asked for it.

I"ll answer that the same way I recall answering it before: It''s probable that you couldn''t get help because people didn''t know of any matching bands....not just because they felt like ignoring you. Your ring was very ornate, and wouldn''t easily match many bands. Plus, you specifically said "I don''t want eternity or pave except as a last resort".....so some of the suggestions people might have made, you pre-empted.

Sometimes people don''t get help because they ask questions that aren''t easily answered, like yours. Comparing the response rate of your thread to that of a thread like this, which IS easy to answer, isn''t a fair comparison, and it unfairly insinuates that people didn''t *want* to help you, when it was more likely they *couldn''t* help you.
2.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2005 7:47:45 AM
Author: moremoremore

however, you can''t come on to a public forum built upon getting comments and feedback from others and then ask a question about other''s feelings and then expect to answers that all agree with you and/or be sugar coated.
Hallelujia and AMEN, sister!
2.gif
9.gif
9.gif

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/10/2005 12:56:20 PM
Author: Buena Girl

Date: 8/10/2005 12:36:27 PM
Author: Mara
... Though to be honest after all this ugliness I would not be surprised if people never want to post a picture of your rings again...the taste is just too sour IMO and people would probably be worried.

Oh and Dazed...I agreed with your post big time. I also felt like there was something very ironic about the original post considering.
I am sure that many others like myself respectfully have the very opposite oppinion. If you have a sour taste than you should blame yourself. MA started what should have been a good discussion.

MA, please continue to share your gorgeous jewelry!!!

I agree! Some of the people who have that sour taste, and keep making comments about MA''s pics and her website are starting to sound more jealous and catty than rightoeus in my opinion.

Sorry guys, but MA has a right to her opinion, and I haven''t seen her beeing catty or snide to anyone else about it at all.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/10/2005 10:32:08 AM
Author: MelissaSue
BUT!! The conversation on here about people attacking each other/ganging up on each other is ABSURD. Absolutely ridculous. You people are acting like people are nasty on pricescope all the time. Have you ever BEEN on another message board?
i know what you mean.you better know every 4 letter words in the books
6.gif
before you go to other message boards.PS is really a peaceful forum,there''re very few trouble makers here and we all know whom they''re.
31.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
One''s spirit of generosity can''t be mounted or bezel set or placed in pave ... but it shines brightly for all to see. Or doesn''t.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2005 1:38:38 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

PS is really a peaceful forum,there''re very few trouble makers here and we all know whom they''re.
31.gif
Yes we DO Mr DF....
3.gif

I really miss Trichrome.
11.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2005 11:49:35 AM
Author: MaryAlaina

In those threads, I''d like to be able to post MY rings, without having someone else do so. I don''t feel like that is asking too much. If it is, please let me know so I can stop posting my photos here.
Just speaking for myself, that sounds like it might be a good idea.

My feeling mirrors others: If you post your pictures here, it speaks of your intent to share them. I personally believe it shouldn''t matter *who* does the sharing from there as long as it helps people and the owner of the piece pictured is appropriately identified). And if the point of one''s posting pictures here isn''t to help people, then I really don''t see why someon would WANT to post them here in the first place.

This place is about helping others, not showing off or grandstanding. My personal opinion.

sistagrl2004

Shiny_Rock
I don''t post here often but I think there is something MaryAlaina might want to be made aware of. Your pics are EVERYWHERE online. You have a WEBSITE dedicated to your personal jewelry collection. (MaryAlaina.com)I have been on more than one personal website on weddings/engagements etc that have your pics posted (generally referring back to you), most of them positive. I had NO idea you felt this way. I am actually kind of shocked.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock

Is anyone else thinking "check please"?

We get it. You don't want anyone except for you to post your numerous pictures of your rings, car, etc. We won't.

There are already tons of other public eye candy available.

Edited to add: Seriously, not everyone is going to see your warning; so, if you don't want people to share the pic, don't post it. The warning states that it is public.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i hate to say it but....i agree with Mara and Alj on this subject
6.gif
boy O boy i must be sick today
40.gif
.i better go see a doctor.
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2005 1:11:00 PM
Author: aljdewey

Date: 8/9/2005 10:06:55 PM
Author: mrssalvo
ahhhh, well I had a good feeling this thread was directed at me. I am truly sorry. someone asked for some help on WF''s work and was having trouble finding anything. I did a quick search and posted a few.

To MA: It''s not terribly hard to beat someone to the punch who isn''t here regularly.
2.gif
I can''t say I know how often you''re around. But I do know that you obviously don''t post very much---you''ve had 147 posts in nearly 2 years. If I were a newbie waiting for guidance, I wouldn''t want to hold my breath waiting for you to respond, and I think I''d be grateful that someone else was unselfish enough to post pics that I might find helpful. Just an observation.

I couldn''t have said it any better myself.
36.gif
11.gif

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I just wanted to add one more thing:

It seems like a lot of people are treating this as a black and white topic, but to me it is more dimensional than that. There have been some instances where someone''s ring has been reposted and some subsequent posters have misinterpeted whose ring it actually is. This is more likely to happen in a "show me your..." thread. I have also noticed a few times where some of the info in a repost is incorrect. Everyone makes mistakes, and I hope this does not deter anyone from reposting in the general discussions, but I think it adds to the argument that everyone should have the option of wanting to post their own jewelry in the "show me your..." threads. The keyword being your.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2005 10:17:01 PM
Author: Mara
Is it just me or are there bigger things in life to worry about?
20.gif
NO, there are not more important things to worry about. This is a SERIOUS issue here. Very imporant.
2.gif

I honestly cannot believe people are actually wasting the time debating this. Ah, why am I wasting my time and even posting this response???

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2005 10:31:46 PM
Author: sevens one
here ya go MMM

fivefive.jpg
MMM - your ring looks as gorgeous as every.
30.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I just have one more thing to add,

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, MaryAlaina, Blah, blah blah
rings, blah, blah, blah
posting, whah whah whah whah, whah,
without permission, blah, blah blah blah blah
beating a dead horse, blah blah blah, blah
whah whah whah whah blah blah blah blah

da, da, dee dum, dum dum, dee dee
blah blah blah blah
cause I''m blue.....da da dee da dee
blah blah blah blah blah

stick a fork in me.........
41.gif

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
ouch
20.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/10/2005 2:51:45 PM

rings, blah, blah, blah

blah blah blah blah
cause I'm blue.....da da dee da dee
blah blah blah blah blah

41.gif

I try to remain sensitive, don't always succeed, to the personalities I meet here because I don't know all there is to know about my fellow posters. I don't know who has had horrific trauma and hardship in their lives from those who have not; those who have been wounded by cruelty or neglect from those blessed by love and attention. I try to remember that each of us brings to the discussions all that we are and all that has made us what we are and that our reactions to posts may be motivated by experiences that are unrelated to PS.

I log on to escape some of the harsh realities of life for a little while and I am grateful that I have the money to pay for internet access and the luxury of time for self-indulgence. When the war of words begins to affect me to the point where I am tempted to participate in a spiteful way, I pause to think about how lucky I am. I think about people I've seen living in cardboard boxes; about women in the world forced to discard their babies in garbage dumps because they don't have access to birth control and the resources for caring for their children; about children without health care, food, clean, water; about myriad wars of words, religions, nationalities and viewpoints that have prevented entire nations for existing in peace for hundreds of years. These are some of the things that have the potential for greatest impact on our lives. What happens in the tiny microcosm of PS pales in significance.

PS mirrors what is best and worst about humanity. We are the ultimate oxymoron -- we can be destructively creative and hatefully loving. We can also choose to be neither.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2005 2:57:05 PM
Author: Matata

Date: 8/10/2005 2:51:45 PM

rings, blah, blah, blah

blah blah blah blah
cause I''m blue.....da da dee da dee
blah blah blah blah blah

41.gif

I try to remain sensitive, don''t always succeed, to the personalities I meet here because I don''t know all there is to know about my fellow posters. I don''t know who has had horrific trauma and hardship in their lives from those who have not; those who have been wounded by cruelty or neglect from those blessed by love and attention. I try to remember that each of us brings to the discussions all that we are and all that has made us what we are and that our reactions to posts may be motivated by experiences that are unrelated to PS.

I log on to escape some of the harsh realities of life for a little while and I am grateful that I have the money to pay for internet access and the luxury of time for self-indulgence. When the war of words begins to affect me to the point where I am tempted to participate in a spiteful way, I pause to think about how lucky I am. I think about people I''ve seen living in cardboard boxes; about women in the world forced to discard their babies in garbage dumps because they don''t have access to birth control and the resources for caring for their children; about children without health care, food, clean, water; about myriad wars of words, religions, nationalities and viewpoints that have prevented entire nations for existing in peace for hundreds of years. These are some of the things that have the potential for greatest impact on our lives. What happens in the tiny microcosm of PS pales in significance.

PS mirrors what is best and worst about humanity. We are the ultimate oxymoron -- we can be destructively creative and hatefully loving. We can also choose to be neither.

Excuse me waitress? I''ll have what she''s having.
31.gif

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I don''t mind when someone else posts my rings. I think it''s great. My picture on the other hand.......
31.gif

Honestly, sometimes people ask to see certain things (micropave, 2 carat diamond, Ritani setting, ACA....) and while my ring fits the category, I am a little embarassed to post it thinking people will think that I am just trying to show off my ring, so it''s nice when someone else posts my ring for me.

A great example, Mara started a thread on eternity sets and she posted my rings. I think it''s great because I didn''t post it, someone else did and I probably would have been too lazy and too embarassed to do it anyway!

My only problem is that MY RING was not the first picture in the thread, but I forgive you Mara!
2.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Matata - beautiful post!

Okay, I''m not sensitive. I still think this thread is riduculous. I have more important things to worry about.

Does anyone know where I can get an ultra thin navy rug that will will be slim enough to fit under my bathroom door when I open it? I''m looking but haven''t found one yet.
7.gif
This is really a bigger focus in my life. . . PLEASE post photos. You can take credit.

Thanks.
9.gif

thebanjodog

Shiny_Rock
o, wad some power the giftie gie us to see oursels as others see us! it wad frae monie a blunder free us! to a louse by robert burns

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a bit late to this thread and I haven''t read all of it, but I''d just like to say for the record if ANYONE would like to post pics of ANY of my jewellery, please feel free - I''d be delighted. Someone posted a pic of my pear pendant in the ''show us your pears thread'' and I was tremendously flattered.

To each his own I guess.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
blah blah MA blah blah blah permission blah blah blah dead horse blah blah blah opinion i agree

however, I can't believe how catty and cruel some of you are - self proclaimed b*tches or not

to thine own self be true

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/10/2005 3:42:36 AM
Author:MaryAlaina
Just wondering how everyone else feels about this. I have to admit, when threads ask for certain pictures ('Show me your halo rings', 'Show me your pears', etc.), I'm always kind of disappointed when I read the threads and find that someone else has already posted a picture of a ring of mine. It's kind of like I miss out on the fun of sharing it myself.
8.gif
Does anyone else feel this way or am I just overly sensitive?

Personally, I'd rather have someone PM me and tell me which thread they'd like to post a picture of my ring in, and ask if I minded if they did. That gives me the option of either posting it myself, or letting them (if I don't have time,etc.)

What do you think?
MaryAlaina
1.gif

I don't mind if someone use my pic of ring in here at all
2.gif

Add**I come this PS board most time I am asking opnion or an advice.and I always get very good advice quick.
also proffesional opnion.it's very helpful me to buy jewerly.sometime I ask via PM and no one never ignore to my PM.
another words many people is spending own time to answer with my question.

however I can't answer with someone's question about diamond specific because I am not good at diamond at all
6.gif

so what I can do back to people or PS board is to share my picture of jewerly & diamond shopping experiance
I am not come here for show off my ring. I want to help people in here somehow .
that's the why I am happy to someone use my picture of ring for whatever reason.

but if you feel not comfortable, how about you take more picture of your ring and post them ?
because I've seen many same picture of a ring which from old post.
so I'd like to see diffrent picture of a ring even it's same ring

in any case.
as long as you post pic of your ring in any site, there is possibility that someone copy it
and use it .even the picture might be use to site in another contry
6.gif

so maybe to not post picture ring is most safest way to protect your picture,

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/10/2005 12:12:01 PM
Author: sjz

Date: 8/10/2005 10:30:14 AM
Author: fire&ice

Date: 8/10/2005 1:21:38 AM
Author: jjaks

But I still ponder why a thread like this is on three pages and I couldn’t get help with a matching a band to an e-ring when I first joined, where were your opinions then? (Please know that I say this with a smile and have an ill sense of humor

11.gif
).

I''m pondering the exact same thing this morning.

When you upload a pic, the WARNING is clear. ''YOUR FILE IS GOING TO BE AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC.''
This is another excellent point. I''ve noticed many times there will be a thread that is several pages long, and when I read it, it seems like it''s one similar to this one, where people spend post after post just arguing back and forth about who''s *opinion* is more valid than someone else''s. Then I''ll see other threads (I''ve posted some of these myself) asking for info, or links, or advice from some of the experts here, or something else that is a little more objective in nature, only to find that a mere handful of people have replied. When that happens, I always wonder where all the ''helpful'' people are. Could it be that they are more occupied with threads like these, that no longer to really serve a useful purpose?
Agreed.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Matata: What you said was great, and I am so glad that you said it! It''s a shame your statement got lost in the shuffle.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
I luuuuuv to see other people enjoying looking at (and perhaps even posting) pics of my ring! All I ask is that along with the pic comes something like "HOUMedGal''s ring" or "the ring originally posted by HOUMedGal"....just don''t post it and say "Look at MY new sparkly!"
31.gif

I must agree that I consider it flattering when I see my ring posted by others...and if it had been the rule when I first started talking here that only the picture''s owner could post it, I wouldn''t have gotten so many great ideas that ultimately contributed to creating my dream ring.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, I will take a happy pill too please.
5.gif

flower wrote: "so maybe to not post picture ring is most safest way to protect your picture"
what an excellent piece of advice! imagine that.

I love PS. Why? Because there are SO many personalities. I would be utterly bored if everyone was one way or another, if we all agreed all the time. I wouldn''t get as much amusement out of my visits, not by a long shot. It''s kind of like people-watching at an outdoor cafe.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results