shape
carat
color
clarity

Ordering a radiant cut diamon 2ct next week, advices?

Oberst

Shiny_Rock
I'm going to New York next month and I'm going to buy an engagement ring while I'm there, I'm only going to be there a weekend so I need to order it before I get there.
Since I've new in this diamond world and just found this group I'm hoping for some advice from you guys who knows what you are talking about.
Since I'm ordering the diamond I can't see it for my self I need to pick it from Gia report and picture/video.
From what I've learned after a couple of months of reading I narrowed my grades down to Ex/wery good cut, f color and vs 2 clarity,
Table 65-67% dept 65-69%. My budget is 18500$ maximum for the 2ct diamond.
Can any of you guys give me some advice of something else to look at before I decided the stone I pick?
Very grateful for answers.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
What does your lady want.

Have you checked to see if she has a Pinterest page?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oberst|1470534612|4063175 said:
I'm going to New York next month and I'm going to buy an engagement ring while I'm there, I'm only going to be there a weekend so I need to order it before I get there.
Since I've new in this diamond world and just found this group I'm hoping for some advice from you guys who knows what you are talking about.
Since I'm ordering the diamond I can't see it for my self I need to pick it from Gia report and picture/video.
From what I've learned after a couple of months of reading I narrowed my grades down to Ex/wery good cut, f color and vs 2 clarity,
Table 65-67% dept 65-69%. My budget is 18500$ maximum for the 2ct diamond.
Can any of you guys give me some advice of something else to look at before I decided the stone I pick?
Very grateful for answers.

You specs are useless. No labs grade radiants for cut. And you have no idea what you are doing. Just the type of customer that gets fleeced every day in the NY diamond district. Fortunately you found us.

Call IDJ and BE and GOG, make appointments. Do not go anywhere else. Tell them in advance to source stones for you. Then go see them in person.

Do not buy anywhere else. NY diamond district is one of th best places to get an epically bad deal. It's a shark tank.

Oberst

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for your answer gypsy, I've bin together with my girl for 10 years so I pretty sure what she likes :)
I will trye to upload a picture of the ring band here.
I know the best thing is to see the diamond for yourself but if I see it in person or a video it wouldn't do much difference because I don't know what I'm doing to be honest, I just going to look for sparkle.
LaurenB jewler are gonna send me a video on Monday of different stones and comparing them, I just going to be in New York Friday - Sunday so what is the different if I see it on the video or see it in person when I have no knowledge ? When I see the video and get the Gia card I can "research" the stone a little? What else can I see after if I cannot use the Gia card or the video?
Appreciate your answers

Oberst

Shiny_Rock
Here is the ringband I want, or something close to that, thin ring with small diamonds, not sure if I'm going to take 18k white gold or platinum, have just started reading about it.

_5138.jpeg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oberst|1470564421|4063235 said:
Here is the ringband I want, or something close to that, thin ring with small diamonds, not sure if I'm going to take 18k white gold or platinum, have just started reading about it.

Okay. Did she pick this Image or did you? This is important. I don't care how well you know her. My husbad and I have been together for 17 years, and he is good with jewery (3 sisters) and he still is surprised by what I lik.

You need to take the ego out of it. This isn't about you. It is about her. Don't you think that if you are spending 18k you should do the MOST important part of the research? Her taste? Does she have a Pinterest account?

Radiants are VERY strongly out of fashion right noe, cuahions are very firmly in. And radiants generally suck for performance.there are exceptions, but in general that is true. So unless your lady asked for Radiant by name, you need to do some serious snooping.

Lauren B is okay, but they are overpriced and The one custom piece I saw in person by them was blah. So personally I wouldn't buy anything until you shop aroumd more.

Call Steven Kirsch. http://stevenkirsch.com/ He can execute that design in his sleep it will be handforged and very elegant. He can also,source the stone for you easily. Just call him and have him get the stones in advance for you. So call him ASAP.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Please read this poster's journey to the end. [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/is-this-a-good-radiant-cut-diamond-please-helppppp.223679/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/is-this-a-good-radiant-cut-diamond-please-helppppp.223679/[/URL]

The engagement ring isn't a test of how well you know her. It's a present, for her, that she eill wear for the rest of her life.

If she was buying you a car, today, after ten years together, and it was THE car you would drive everyday for the rest of your life, would you want her to guess? Or snoop and find out exactly what you,want?

Oberst

Shiny_Rock
This ring isn't because I like it it's because she will love it, my girl have talked about engagement ring and wedding dresses everyday for a long time now so I could almost pick out a dress too I think, lol.
So is http://stevenkirsch.com/ the way too go? What is the difference between him and other jewlers? Then I would call him on Monday to hear what he says.
How is the radiant bad? I'm the start it was against brilliant round and radiant, but I want to buy something not everyone have, and my girl really love the shape.
In my country you would have a shock if you went inside a jewler I would trye to upload a picture later, 1 ct good cut H si1 in a solitary 14k white gold ring 20.000$.
I will read the post you copied, already read most of it yesterday,
I'm uploading a picture of the last stone I almost went for (before I found this page )

_5139.jpeg

Oberst

Shiny_Rock
This is the ring all here girlfriends gotten and the only option here is this one or princess cut, with different sizes. I'm not going to talk down on this because everyone have different taste, but the reason I'm going to travel half across the world is because I want to get here a special ring and propose in New York. I have never seen a special diamond in real life, that's why it's very important for me to get tips from you who knows about this. My knowledge is only the things I have read and what different jewlers have told me.. And they always tells me that they're diamonds is the "real deal"

_5140.jpeg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
One more time. Does she have a Pinterest acxount?

Answer my question please.

Oberst

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy please read my other Topic on round brilliant for 18k$ I took your advice and asked here if she could imagine here perfect ring, and it was round brilliant 100% she also showed me here Pinterest page and showed me, I don't use all this apps on phones so I haven't Pinterest but clearly she is using it. :) so thank you for your advice so far.:)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oberst|1470607864|4063387 said:
Gypsy please read my other Topic on round brilliant for 18k$ I took your advice and asked here if she could imagine here perfect ring, and it was round brilliant 100% she also showed me here Pinterest page and showed me, I don't use all this apps on phones so I haven't Pinterest but clearly she is using it. :) so thank you for your advice so far.:)
My computer is broken, so i am only checking on a few posts. Sorry I missed update, So so happy you talked to her!!! Great job!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Oberst
Welcome to Pricescope!
Good luck in your search.
I agree that the NYC diamond district can be a mine field.
However I believe most people agree that there are more places to shop besides the three you're been steered towards.
Suggesting that someone should shop ONLY at the places that one participant likes seems like a very limited perspective.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results