shape
carat
color
clarity

Options for 2ctw white round MMD earrings

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
This thread is for shoppers like @spectrum who are thinking about a pair of 2ctw studs. Let’s discuss different options. Here’s a quick and incomplete list I put together based on things I’ve seen around the forum. Please add your info and insights!

Lightbox
Excellent price and solid quality diamonds, lower quality settings, but almost always out of stock, lots of pics and info available from other PS-ers, have pink and blue in addition to white diamonds

https://lightboxjewelry.com/collect...-solitaire-studs-white?variant=31674274644010

DIY Lightbox — ordering two 1ct pendants (or like item) and having them reset locally. More legwork, but can still be a good option in terms of price and quality, especially if you grab the pendants on sale at Bloomingdale’s or Reed’s. Added benefit of choosing a better setting, but higher price associated with nicer setting and reset labor. Pics and info available from other PS-ers

James Allen
Higher price but periodically they have sales, good quality stones and setting, can choose from multiple setting options, benefit of availability and ease of order process. Pics and info available from other PS-ers

https://www.jamesallen.com/earrings/diamond-stud-earrings/

New World Diamonds
Price is higher than Lightbox but lower than James Allen, can usually get a 10% discount if you sign up for emails or look around IG. Diamonds are slightly lower quality according to listing, settings are nicer than LB but have fewer options than JA. They have white diamonds and several other colors. Not many PS-ers seem to have ordered from NWD so there isn’t a ton of info and customer pics available on this board like there are with the previous options, it’s also unclear if their self-reported 4Cs are accurate so quality is somewhat unknown.

https://www.newworlddiamonds.com/co...iamond-earring-262239b?variant=19390049026115

Vrai
Price higher than LB and NWD, lower than JA. Slightly tricky in that they also sell by the single stud so you have to make sure you select two of the 1ct size. Self-reported diamond and setting quality is good with fewer setting options than JA. Some PS-ers have ordered other items from Vrai and the quality was accurate/high, but no real PS info about the studs so like NWD it’s a bit more of an unknown.

https://www.vrai.com/jewelry/earrin...rity=14k&ringSize=1.0ct&metal=rose-gold&qty=2

Dhana

Shiny_Rock
Just wanted to add i emailed light box and they said they will have a restock late summer. I am hoping maybe before Labor Day

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not holding my breath on those LB earrings but darn it! Get them back out!

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
They’ve got them at JTV too

but the price isn’t as good as LB.

Here’s 2 carat studs at New World Diamonds. Much better price point, plus 10% off, & screw backs. And colored diamonds in rainbow colors, not just pale blue and pink

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
@123ducklings Thank you for starting this thread! I am excited about the possibility of 2 ctw or perhaps 1.5 ctw lab diamond earrings. The information you've put together already is very helpful, and I look forward to new additions to this thread.

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
@123ducklings Thank you for starting this thread! I am excited about the possibility of 2 ctw or perhaps 1.5 ctw lab diamond earrings. The information you've put together already is very helpful, and I look forward to new additions to this thread.

I’m so glad you found it helpful! All our MMD stud earring chatter has kept me sane this summer!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I've been spending a lot of time checking out rarecarat lately. Wouldn't it be fun if someone bought two separate stones from there and made them into a pair of earrings? I hope someone does that project! The prices look really good...

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock

Same for me, my next big purchase will be upgraded size studs and I think MMD are a smart way to go. I do dislike that most of the pre-set options are quoted as “H-I” color, would really prefer to be solidly H. I wish Lightbox would have a restock!

Dhana

Shiny_Rock
i have given up hope after checking daily until labour day

tonysgeko

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Dhana, found a 0.91 K vs2 cr35.4 pav 40.8 depth 62.1 tab57 for $692 on rarecarat site

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
BTW I contacted Lightbox and they are now saying “early fall” for the restock, so who knows. I’ll post if I hear anything else.

Same here too. Just email them few days ago and they also say early Fall.

I google “early fall” and the answer is September. LOL

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve been thinking about it and I’m wondering if I should stick with the 1ctw total set I have? My ears are small. But more is always more, right? 102E2F4A-E3CF-4E63-91C8-E0587CB048CA.jpeg

Dhana

Shiny_Rock
Wow yours are so pretty

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve been thinking about it and I’m wondering if I should stick with the 1ctw total set I have? My ears are small. But more is always more, right? 102E2F4A-E3CF-4E63-91C8-E0587CB048CA.jpeg

i think your earlobes can handle a larger stud. however, these are a really beautiful size on you. to me, a larger stud looks "dressier" probably because its more pronounced.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
i think your earlobes can handle a larger stud. however, these are a really beautiful size on you. to me, a larger stud looks "dressier" probably because its more pronounced.
Thank you! I have these and a teeny pair my mom gifted me 20 years ago when I graduated high school. I appreciate the feedback!

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
@Jeweljunke said on the SMTB thread that Lightbox were back in stock this morning and she was able to grab some. They’re sold out again now. Was anyone else able to snag some?

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh no I missed it. I was busy at work. It’s nuts that they had such limited inventory.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apparently they only take a month to grow so why after 4 months do they have so few?

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Apparently they only take a month to grow so why after 4 months do they have so few?

Good question- they know the demand is there if they sell out same-day every time they are offered. Why not grow more? I wonder if there's a marketing strategy at play... but wouldn't they want to make more $$? If people repeatedly can't purchase they will eventually move on to other companies.

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Good question- they know the demand is there if they sell out same-day every time they are offered. Why not grow more? I wonder if there's a marketing strategy at play... but wouldn't they want to make more $$? If people repeatedly can't purchase they will eventually move on to other companies.

Completely my own speculation, but I think Lightbox is a marketing tool for DeBeers to lower overall market pricing of lab diamonds and get buyers to see lab diamonds in a separate category from mined — better for fun and casual purchases you make for yourself, not significant milestone jewelry. This way consumers will still want the mined diamonds that DeBeers has huge interest in selling.

It’s not in their interest to have beautiful 1ct lab diamonds readily available at their low price point, that WOULD compete with mined diamonds. We’ve seen on this forum people buying the 1ct Lightbox pendant and resetting it into an e-ring.

Rather, by teasing these low prices and throwing out little samples here and there they are successfully able to suppress pricing across the lab grown market. None of us, for example, are rushing out to buy the 2ctw earrings from other companies that have them readily available. We are keeping an eye on Lightbox, and some of us may buy other MMD and set them separately if we can do so close to that LB price point.

At the same time, because the larger-sized MMD that would compete with milestone mined jewelry aren’t super available from LB, many of those shoppers instead go another route. And when the super appealing price of LB is off the table, all the other emotional marketing comes into play and people are more willing to pay 20% more for “mind clean.”

Just my two cents.

Dhana

Shiny_Rock
I don’t disagree, otherwise it makes no sense marketing wise
i didn’t check my emails and missed the sale and now I see only sold out
not back soon ,
so who knows when they will be back !

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Completely my own speculation, but I think Lightbox is a marketing tool for DeBeers to lower overall market pricing of lab diamonds and get buyers to see lab diamonds in a separate category from mined — better for fun and casual purchases you make for yourself, not significant milestone jewelry. This way consumers will still want the mined diamonds that DeBeers has huge interest in selling.

It’s not in their interest to have beautiful 1ct lab diamonds readily available at their low price point, that WOULD compete with mined diamonds. We’ve seen on this forum people buying the 1ct Lightbox pendant and resetting it into an e-ring.

Rather, by teasing these low prices and throwing out little samples here and there they are successfully able to suppress pricing across the lab grown market. None of us, for example, are rushing out to buy the 2ctw earrings from other companies that have them readily available. We are keeping an eye on Lightbox, and some of us may buy other MMD and set them separately if we can do so close to that LB price point.

At the same time, because the larger-sized MMD that would compete with milestone mined jewelry aren’t super available from LB, many of those shoppers instead go another route. And when the super appealing price of LB is off the table, all the other emotional marketing comes into play and people are more willing to pay 20% more for “mind clean.”

Just my two cents.

I was hoping that some one else was thinking along these lines... I was starting to get suspicious and am looking elsewhere.

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
Does any know how long it took for them to get sold out again?
It’s so frustrating to have to wait for this. Many of us work and we can’t just all refresh their site every single minute of the day. :(

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Does any know how long it took for them to get sold out again?
It’s so frustrating to have to wait for this. Many of us work and we can’t just all refresh their site every single minute of the day. :(

Customer service said “minutes” and they weren’t sure when they’d be back. Probably not meant to be for me!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results