shape
carat
color
clarity

Lightbox 2ct. tw. Solitaire Studs in Platinum Setting

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so excited to finally share my Lightbox 2ct. tw. Solitaire Studs in Platinum 4-Prong Basket Settings (with Protektor backs)!

I ordered 2 of the Lightbox 1ct. Solitaire Gold Pendants in 10K White Gold and had them reset. I louped the earrings and they look to be very good/excellent cut, G/H color, and VS clarity. The hearts and arrows looked pretty good and I could find the Lightbox laser inscribed logo as well.

I spent about $2500 total, which is a value compared to similar lab diamonds on James Allen, which would have cost around $5K and earth mined would have been $10-15K.

The earrings were done right as we went into shelter-in-place, so I wasn't able to get them until today. This is probably the most exciting day I've had for the last few months and foreseeable future!

Below are some before and after pictures. Enjoy!

Before1.png
Before2.png
After4.png
After1.png
After3.png

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, so pretty! Sorry you had to wait so long to get them but I bet it was worth the wait.

Dhana

Shiny_Rock
Wowza! This is what I hope to do in yellow gold !

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
These are gorgeous!! The diamonds are stunning! You are giving me all kinds of ideas... :shhh:

syd33

Shiny_Rock
They look amazing!!

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the compliments!

@Dhana Can't wait to see yours in yellow gold!

@OdetteOdile What projects are you considering??

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I flirt with the idea of doing pretty much exactly what you did - Lightbox 1 carat stones reset into earrings.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg thank you for sharing! This is exactly what I want to do. Any chance you could post some ear shots? Yay they look incredible!!

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!!
This is what I would love to do, just waiting for the day Lightbox ships to Australia.
Enjoy your beautiful ear rings!

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
So gorgeous! I would love to see ear shots too! I just got the 1 ct solitaire necklace and perhaps I should get another one to make earrings too! The necklace doesn't seem to want to lay flat, the diamond keeps tilting up. Who did you use for the reset (if you don't mind me asking)? And are you putting anything in the necklaces?

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@OdetteOdile @pearaffair @Sparkles88 @dizzyakira You all should totally do it! I got it reset by a high end jewelry store. Since I didn't have a use for the necklaces, I "traded-in" the 10K White Gold towards the settings.

Ear.png

It needs to be said again- wow!!!
Do you notice a big difference between these and cz studs? Sometimes I’m curious if I should bother with diamond studs because cz looks pretty ok for earrings.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
It needs to be said again- wow!!!
Do you notice a big difference between these and cz studs? Sometimes I’m curious if I should bother with diamond studs because cz looks pretty ok for earrings.

Thank you! Visually, diamonds and high quality CZ look similar at a glance. CZs do exhibit more fire than diamonds. If you are happy with CZ studs, it may not be worth spending more on diamonds!

I've decided to focus on "fine" jewelry due to their quality and durability. Personally, I love diamonds for their hardness, toughness, stability, light return, fire, and scintillation. I also have very sensitive ears, so I can only wear platinum earrings.

I was having a hard time justifying larger earth mined diamond earrings due to the risk of losing them and the cost. I think the Lightbox diamonds are perfect for me because I get the benefits of having diamond studs at a great value. I would highly recommend resetting the 1ct necklaces into studs if it's something that you are interested in!

Dhana

Shiny_Rock
How much was the setting if you don’t mind saying .
is platinum more expensive than gold setting

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! Visually, diamonds and high quality CZ look similar at a glance. CZs do exhibit more fire than diamonds. If you are happy with CZ studs, it may not be worth spending more on diamonds!

I've decided to focus on "fine" jewelry due to their quality and durability. Personally, I love diamonds for their hardness, toughness, stability, light return, fire, and scintillation. I also have very sensitive ears, so I can only wear platinum earrings.

I was having a hard time justifying larger earth mined diamond earrings due to the risk of losing them and the cost. I think the Lightbox diamonds are perfect for me because I get the benefits of having diamond studs at a great value. I would highly recommend resetting the 1ct necklaces into studs if it's something that you are interested in!

I completely agree with every single observation you have made! I love investing in rings that will last, but because earrings aren’t a high action area I sometimes wonder if cz would be enough for me. I swear I can tell the difference when I see people wearing diamond earrings, but I never ask strangers when I see them so it’s purely speculation lol.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
How much was the setting if you don’t mind saying .
is platinum more expensive than gold setting

I don't have a break down of the setting cost unfortunately. Platinum is more expensive than 18K gold. If you set the diamonds in gold and had regular earring backs, it would be cheaper.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I completely agree with every single observation you have made! I love investing in rings that will last, but because earrings aren’t a high action area I sometimes wonder if cz would be enough for me. I swear I can tell the difference when I see people wearing diamond earrings, but I never ask strangers when I see them so it’s purely speculation lol.

I would say the majority of earrings you see people wearing are CZ, especially larger ones, unless you are hanging out with PSers!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing!

Dhana

Shiny_Rock
It’s a garden of gems !

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

This is my philosophy. I have very limited bling funds, so my diamond money will all go to rings, where I need the sturdiness and also where I myself get to really enjoy looking at how wonderful and crisp they are all day. Earrings and pendants are cz if they are high-quality and well-cut, especially since I only wear studs/pendants on dressier occasions except for one tiny one in a second hole in my left ear. (At most, I might go to moissy for that particular stud so that I don't have to clean it as often - I'm lazy!) Besides that stud, my "everyday" earrings and necklaces are all metal - either rose or yellow gold. The only exception to this is if I replace one of the older pre-Pricescope diamonds in a ring with a better cut one, in which case I would throw the older diamond in a pendant.

elizat

Ideal_Rock

I think if they are well done CZ, in a nice setting, that you keep clean, nobody will every really know.

I have the halo Lightbox ones and honestly, I am treating them like fashion jewelry. I paid $430 for them with a Loyalist gift card and coupon.

I personally have never bought large diamond studs because I don't see them. I want to see it. I have other earrings that are more expensive and diamonds, but for studs... that is kind of generic to me. I will spend on antique earrings, or something unique, but I don't see the value in it for studs for myself.

I think that this was a great idea to do personally, OP, because they are a very nice size and budget friendly! Plus, quite pretty!

Mong

Rough_Rock
That’s such a great idea! Did you get a good matching pair of diamonds from the get go or did you go through multiple purchases and returns ?

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
That’s such a great idea! Did you get a good matching pair of diamonds from the get go or did you go through multiple purchases and returns ?

Thank you! I was happy with my first purchase, the diamonds matched in terms of size, color, clarity, etc.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results