shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this 18 ct emerald cut?

ratchetmomclub

Rough_Rock
It's gorgeous but personally, I'd hesitate to spend big money on a stone that imo will likely be worth far less in a few years (beyond the usual difference between retail and secondhand prices, I mean).

I'm considering a much smaller (but still considerable cost to me) lab diamond but am thinking about waiting a couple of years. I'd expect the prices to keep dropping steeply as more and more places become able to create lab diamonds. JMO naturally. :)

I hear you- fortunately these are all in my “dont mind blowing” price range. I plan to use the hundreds of thousands im saving on adding to my watch collection and a new “smart” bball court for my son. I think lab is awesome for people who are comfortable with prioritizing where their true values/priorities lie. I think the prices are pretty close to bottoming out (again not that i care, but just fwiw)

ratchetmomclub

Rough_Rock
not sure but I can say I am not seeing anything that greatly concerns me in the corner/windmill area.

FWIW… here is that 13.03 next to a 17.34 (same gia color/clarity)… interesting how different it looks. I wish i could have some way of knowibg if the 18ct in india will give me the same “facet dance” that the 13 ct is giving me… just bigger LOL. Anyone care to offer feedback on the 17 ct for educational purposes?

MsP

Brilliant_Rock

FWIW… here is that 13.03 next to a 17.34 (same gia color/clarity)… interesting how different it looks. I wish i could have some way of knowibg if the 18ct in india will give me the same “facet dance” that the 13 ct is giving me… just bigger LOL. Anyone care to offer feedback on the 17 ct for educational purposes?

These fancy cuts are so much personal preference-- I really like the cut of the 17ct here. :) It's all about what makes your heart sing.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

The 17 is not bad at alll but I agree the 13 just has a bit more going for it.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
For some reason, the 17 ct looks more tinted in the video.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I think the 17 has more liveliness to it, at least in this video.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the fatter one!

ratchetmomclub

Rough_Rock
These fancy cuts are so much personal preference-- I really like the cut of the 17ct here. :) It's all about what makes your heart sing.

Oh really? That is so interesting. Everyone I have asked so far prefers the 13.
I think the 17 has more liveliness to it, at least in this video.

interesting. I guess what your eye perceives as “lively”, to my eyes looks a but choppy. Thank you so much for the input!

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
I definitely see more flashed from the 17. That would be my choice. Just another opinion to confuse you more! LOL

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
What are the numbers for the 17? Its not a bad stone but if the 13 sang to you and it doesn't then it might always bug you if you went with the 17.

ratchetmomclub

Rough_Rock
What are the numbers for the 17? Its not a bad stone but if the 13 sang to you and it doesn't then it might always bug you if you went with the 17.

17.34 F VS1 gia 66% table 66.5% depth ex/ex
So almost same stats as the 13 but shorter ratio.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have quite a decision to make!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally like the 17k ctone better in this comparison video, but it looks less organized than the 13ct. I just like it better bc to me it's more "alive".

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for the 17ct. To me it seems much livelier, and I also like to proportions the more. It also doesn't have the dead clear corners that you were concerned with on the 13ct.

Last edited:

michkal

Rough_Rock
I like the 13! It’s whiter and looks crisper, like someone said above. I think the sharp look is so pretty in an emerald cut. The size looks good on your finger too!

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock

I like the top one has a lot more flash

ratchetmomclub

Rough_Rock
It shows promise, have you seen it in person?
Compared it to the others?

Yes I took these videos today. I wasn’t able to compare it side-by-side to my other options (a 13.09 and 17 ct I’d posted previously). My memory isnt serving me well and the lighting was different in the two dealers’ offices so it’s hard to even compare the photos I took :(

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
It sounds like you didn't love it.
It needs too speak to you.

Reactions: MsP

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results