shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this 18 ct emerald cut?

ratchetmomclub

Rough_Rock
Hi all, the dimensions on the stone are exactly what I’m looking for. I’m looking for help on your opinions regarding light petformance, windowing / etc . Thank you in advance. I feel like I should ask for more videos. What exact instructions should I give for a better video/image?

ASET not available.

Hand vid
Tweezer vid-
GIA cert 2891D567-5452-40D6-AD17-CDB01683DA17.png

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
I will let the experts weigh in on your question, but I just wanted to say WOW!! Can you see it in person or if it's an online vendor do they allow returns? That is incredible. How were you thinking of setting it? Like the Beyoncé ring?

One of the members here @glitterbomb has a 10 ct that i swoon over, this is her thread on her journey:

ratchetmomclub

Rough_Rock
I will let the experts weigh in on your question, but I just wanted to say WOW!! Can you see it in person or if it's an online vendor do they allow returns? That is incredible. How were you thinking of setting it? Like the Beyoncé ring?

One of the members here @glitterbomb has a 10 ct that i swoon over, this is her thread on her journey:

I’m planning to go to India to see it in
Person before purchasing. I’d rather spend $5k on a plane ticket than 7% in duties to return it if it isn’t right lol. I’m trying to convince them to send it to an associate here in NY first though… we shall see!

I’m planning on a more Kim K setting - compass prongs, invisible gallery.

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
I’m planning to go to India to see it in
Person before purchasing. I’d rather spend $5k on a plane ticket than 7% in duties to return it if it isn’t right lol. I’m trying to convince them to send it to an associate here in NY first though… we shall see!

I’m planning on a more Kim K setting - compass prongs, invisible gallery.

That is a very solid plan! It's gorgeous - this one looks way better than the 1st one you posted. I don't know a lot, i am a "see it in person" type, lol, because i feel like in a pic or video i see MORE flaws than i do when i see with my eyes (if that makes sense). Like, in the video theres the left side looking seriously black in the tweezers but in person would i see that? Again, i don't know anything so that may be a normal characteristic of a step cut.

ratchetmomclub

Rough_Rock
That is a very solid plan! It's gorgeous - this one looks way better than the 1st one you posted. I don't know a lot, i am a "see it in person" type, lol, because i feel like in a pic or video i see MORE flaws than i do when i see with my eyes (if that makes sense). Like, in the video theres the left side looking seriously black in the tweezers but in person would i see that? Again, i don't know anything so that may be a normal characteristic of a step cut.

Exactly! That black area is not visible in the hand video (only the tweezer video shows it). Color is much more prominent in video than to the naked eye. I agree in-person is the way to go.

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Exactly! That black area is not visible in the hand video (only the tweezer video shows it). Color is much more prominent in video than to the naked eye. I agree in-person is the way to go.

it looks seriously amazing in the hand video! This is a HUGE purchase so hopefully the experts will chime in with their thoughts.

ratchetmomclub

Rough_Rock
Hi all, the dimensions on the stone are exactly what I’m looking for. I’m looking for help on your opinions regarding light petformance, windowing / etc . Thank you in advance. I feel like I should ask for more videos. What exact instructions should I give for a better video/image?

ASET not available.

Hand vid
Tweezer vid-
GIA cert 2891D567-5452-40D6-AD17-CDB01683DA17.png

@Karl_K … I’m so sorry to bug you- I’m new to this forum but I can tell you are well respected. Can you suggest any particular camera angles/movements that I should request to help determine if this stone is a “win”? Thank you in advance. It doesn’t look like ASET is an option. I’ve asked a few times.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Cant watch the videos until later.
18ct vs2 the first question is if its eyeclean?
What is the tone of the H color?
Any milky/hazy areas?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Exactly! That black area is not visible in the hand video (only the tweezer video shows it).
Its a reflection of the camera and in this case a good chance of not being an issue viewing it in person without a camera.
So far everything is really inconclusive, not enough to say its a good one, but other than the nagging eyeclean question nothing jumps out saying forget it at this point.
The crown height could be higher but it shows signs of dancing.
Bottom line is, inconclusive at this point.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Videos, if they cant do ASET them video over a bright red or blue item rolling the diamond side to side over the short sides. Like rocking a boat side to side.
That would help.
Video with the camera at a medium distance say 15 inches with different lighting.
The hand video is a very good video.
The tweezer one the camera is a bit close to the diamond.

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Or, maybe that baby wouldn't fit under it! So far it looks good to me. Nothing glaring, but I'm not an expert.

ratchetmomclub

Rough_Rock
Have you seen it in person?

Also my antivirus software is blocking the last video so I can not see it.

No… I’m in NY. Stone is in India . I’m probably going to try to make a trip out. That last video was a 360. Not sure how
Cant watch the videos until later.
18ct vs2 the first question is if its eyeclean?
What is the tone of the H color?
Any milky/hazy areas?

he sent another video… not on red background though ugh.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I* think it looks promising. I defer to @Karl_K though. An ASET image sure would be nice though!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am leaning towards at the min its reasonably well cut and likely very pretty.
I still question if its going to be eyeclean in person.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Little more red in the center would be better but its worth a look if they can get it to NY, I would not travel overseas to see it.

ratchetmomclub

Rough_Rock
Little more red in the center would be better but its worth a look if they can get it to NY, I would not travel overseas to see it.

Thank you so much. Yesterday i was able to try on this 13.03 carat which surprisingly I am quite mesmerized by… Unfortunately, it was in artificial light and I was unable to bring it into the natural sunlight but what are your thoughts on this one?

13.03 e vs2 GIA cert

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you so much. Yesterday i was able to try on this 13.03 carat which surprisingly I am quite mesmerized by… Unfortunately, it was in artificial light and I was unable to bring it into the natural sunlight but what are your thoughts on this one?

13.03 e vs2 GIA cert

I can see why you liked it, the first video shows the EC dance clearly. Notice how the light dances across the stone as it moves. It has the moves.
Whats the table and depth?
Eye clean?

ratchetmomclub

Rough_Rock
I can see why you liked it, the first video shows the EC dance clearly. Notice how the light dances across the stone as it moves. It has the moves.
Whats the table and depth?
Eye clean?

Table 64% depth 63.5%… is that ok?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the idea that you can see the last option in person, and I like the video. I woudn't travel to India to see a stone

ratchetmomclub

Rough_Rock
No blurry/hazy areas that i noticed… the only thing im curious about are the corners— do you see a small “clear” space on each corner?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
No blurry/hazy areas that i noticed… the only thing im curious about are the corners— do you see a small “clear” space on each corner?
not sure but I can say I am not seeing anything that greatly concerns me in the corner/windmill area.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous but personally, I'd hesitate to spend big money on a stone that imo will likely be worth far less in a few years (beyond the usual difference between retail and secondhand prices, I mean).

I'm considering a much smaller (but still considerable cost to me) lab diamond but am thinking about waiting a couple of years. I'd expect the prices to keep dropping steeply as more and more places become able to create lab diamonds. JMO naturally. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results