shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on cornflower sapphire

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Nice and blue.

Is it certified? This is the HKD45k one?

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock

These are the same sapphire, correct? Too many eye candies from your posts and got confused.
C:\Users\Susanna\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif
:lol-2:

Do you mind sharing with us the vendor name?

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Yep! Same one! I purchased with thegemcollector on etsy and Instagram :)

Your sapphire is yummy! Thanks for sharing. Does it look as fab. as vendor's pictures under bright light? :love:

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
Your sapphire is yummy! Thanks for sharing. Does it look as fab. as vendor's pictures under bright light? :love:

It's soooo pretty...in the light, the sparkle is so beautiful! Never blackens even under my desk and it's got a nice silk and sparkle balance :D I'm extreeeeemely tempted by it.

Regarding how I found this seller, I found her first on Etsy and started chatting w/her before we moved our convo to WeChat (since she's in HK) and then she shipped it over to me w/in one day :)

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
It's soooo pretty...in the light, the sparkle is so beautiful! Never blackens even under my desk and it's got a nice silk and sparkle balance :D I'm extreeeeemely tempted by it.

Regarding how I found this seller, I found her first on Etsy and started chatting w/her before we moved our convo to WeChat (since she's in HK) and then she shipped it over to me w/in one day :)

I thought you love it and it's a keeper? How long is the viewing period?

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Your office uses incandescent light? I cannot tell from your own photos because they looked a bit whitish on my screen. The sapphire still stays blue under slightly dimmed warm light?

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
Your office uses incandescent light? I cannot tell from your own photos because they looked a bit whitish on my screen. The sapphire still stays blue under slightly dimmed warm light?

Not exactly sure, but our office light is very white and yes, it stays blue even in dimmed sunlight :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful blue!!! A very pretty and vibrant stone.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
975C6028-3133-48DC-B7C8-C1CAE49EF5D7.png
My vote goes to this design: fresh and young and symmetric. It’s a classic yet with a new vibe and I love the nature theme.
A halo would also look great

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful blue!!! A very pretty and vibrant stone.

Hearing that from you, that's a great honor! I'm also falling in love with it, it's such a beautiful and vibrant blue in real life <3 It's cloudy outside w/no sun yet the color is still quite nice :kiss2:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!
I know it’s impossible - but I’d love to know how you feel it looks to your eyes, compared to the vendors pics colors and yours, as seen on my monitor.
It looks beautiful on your hand!

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty!
I know it’s impossible - but I’d love to know how you feel it looks to your eyes, compared to the vendors pics colors and yours, as seen on my monitor.
It looks beautiful on your hand!

Thank you! I'd say it's more sparkly than I thought it would be! In daylight though, they look very alike; lights up w/some sun :geek2:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
It sounds like it’s a keeper for you?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I suppose:
- it’s reliably certified
- And you love the color
- want the size
- feel ok about the price...

Then it all seems to work out?

It looks velvety blue and doesn’t seem to black out from the pics. But I always think ultimately is how it looks irl which maybe the pics taken/posted maybe are not as accurate. Most important imo is how you feel about it and it sounds like you love it. It doesn’t have to be a trade ideal for you to love it.

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
I suppose:
- it’s reliably certified
- And you love the color
- want the size
- feel ok about the price...

Then it all seems to work out?

It looks velvety blue and doesn’t seem to black out from the pics. But I always think ultimately is how it looks irl which maybe the pics taken/posted maybe are not as accurate. Most important imo is how you feel about it and it sounds like you love it. It doesn’t have to be a trade ideal for you to love it.

I think given the price and my status as a first-time gem shopper, I'm always ready to learn from more experienced eyes :) It's been a very fun journey for me, learning about trade ideals and what I personally like in a sapphire!

voce

Ideal_Rock
It does look pretty much like trade ideal to me, and if the pictures you took are the same as what you see in real life, you should consider keeping it. The only "down" side is the price, but maybe trade ideal sapphires always cost more than average price. I think that sapphire will hold its value very well over time. Plus the velvety blue is very dreamy!

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
It does look pretty much like trade ideal to me, and if the pictures you took are the same as what you see in real life, you should consider keeping it. The only "down" side is the price, but maybe trade ideal sapphires always cost more than average price. I think that sapphire will hold its value very well over time. Plus the velvety blue is very dreamy!

If anything, the color is even more saturated/velvety in real life in natural sunlight :D In my time browsing PS, I've loved sapphires such as @Acinom and I've always aspired to that kind of saturated, velvety, and dreamy blue :)

voce

Ideal_Rock
If anything, the color is even more saturated/velvety in real life in natural sunlight :D In my time browsing PS, I've loved sapphires such as @Acinom and I've always aspired to that kind of saturated, velvety, and dreamy blue :)
I think your sapphire is every bit as velvety as @Acinom's, and I think she will agree. @Acinom's sapphire looks bigger though.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Ok I think price is the drawback. Otherwise it looks really good to me.

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
I think your sapphire is every bit as velvety as @Acinom's, and I think she will agree. @Acinom's sapphire looks bigger though.

Awwww that makes me super happy to hear! :D

@icy_jade Yeah, I love the color but as a newbie, I just wanted to see what everyone thinks of its stone quality (color, clarify, velvet, etc) versus its price because it'll be the priciest thing I've ever gotten

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I completely agree! To my eyes it’s worth it. Unfortunately sapphires do not come cheap. But you will love this forever. It’s a Classic! And based on the pics it’s a gorgeous blue: saturated and velvety. And a nice open blue in Some lighting. Personally I would go for it. You do not see Stones like this everywhere.

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
I completely agree! To my eyes it’s worth it. Unfortunately sapphires do not come cheap. But you will love this forever. It’s a Classic! And based on the pics it’s a gorgeous blue: saturated and velvety. And a nice open blue in Some lighting. Personally I would go for it. You do not see Stones like this everywhere.

Thank for you praise, it means a lot to me! I've already seen 20+ sapphires and this easily stood out above all, so I'm leaning towards it :geek2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results