shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on cornflower sapphire

voce

Ideal_Rock
AHHHHHHHHH so tempted! I want, just trying to envision a pendant/necklace setting now lol. Or maybe even a bracelet?
I would advise against bracelet. Tourmaline isn't typically recommended as an everyday stone, and in a bracelet it would get knocked around even more than in a ring.

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
I would advise against bracelet. Tourmaline isn't typically recommended as an everyday stone, and in a bracelet it would get knocked around even more than in a ring.

So pendant? I've been trying to think of a cool setting, but haven't come up w/anything yet

voce

Ideal_Rock
Is the price for the stone only or come with setting?

Usually, what I do is buy the loose stone first, and then take as much time as I need to in order to come to a firm idea about the setting. Try to let the stone inspire me as to what setting I can imagine for the stone.

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Also after seeing everyone's lovely paraibas...I've been tempted to snag one for myself as well lol. I chatted w/a seller and she sent me this; 2.25ct and RMB15,000, unheated. Seems almost too good to be true??? FYI ring setting isn't absolute; I can opt to switch it for another setting paraiba2.jpg paraiba3.jpg
paraiba1.jpg paraiba.jpg
This colour is hard to find. This is the closest to windex blue. Most paraibas I have seen online is more greenish in colour. This one has more blue. To me this is the Brazilian colour

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Lab report that was provided to me:

mmexport1564385898181.jpg

I'm very tempted since it's an untreated stone that looks like it has pretty good clarity and the price isn't too insane. What do you guys think?

Buy it!!!!!!:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
Is the price for the stone only or come with setting?

Usually, what I do is buy the loose stone first, and then take as much time as I need to in order to come to a firm idea about the setting. Try to let the stone inspire me as to what setting I can imagine for the stone.

It has to come w/a setting, can't buy stone alone...hence my dilemma lol. It's pretty,.just not for me?

This colour is hard to find. This is the closest to windex blue. Most paraibas I have seen online is more greenish in colour. This one has more blue. To me this is the Brazilian colour

Oooh I see. I was actually wondering if It's too blue lol

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure whether it has ‘the glow’ but the colour is amazing! I would buy it but have it set it in a more simple setting

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
Not sure whether it has ‘the glow’ but the colour is amazing! I would buy it but have it set it in a more simple setting

I was thinking of resetting it as a pendant? It's a bit too big as a ring for me, but I can't come up w/a good pendant setting.

Also, saw the jeweler's today! We discussed, and our tentative plan is for a 1.81mm rose gold band. Also, the marquise diamonds will be in 2 different sizes for a more organic look :D Also finally got measured today; ring finger is a HK size 7 aka U.S. 3 1/4 lol

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Get it and do a convertible ring/pendant and oh my, what tiny fingers you have! The 2 ct will look like a biggie on you, you lucky duck :)

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
First design render came in! Except the silver neefs to be changed to rose gold:

mmexport1565793823172.jpg
What does everyone think? Also, prongs will be set down in final design ofc.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. I am not an expert but, I wonder about the area on the top right picture, where the lower marquise will reach for the center stone basket. There is a strip of metal that appears will be visible from head on. Could that somehow be improved aesthetically? Beautiful stone. Love the color!

voce

Ideal_Rock
I like it, but not in love. I think that the ring is too wide and too plain at the base of the marquise in the side view (bottom right). More details can be added with engraving to make the marquise diamonds look more organically leaf-like after the gems have been set, but for my personal taste I would want the tapering to be more significant and reach the 1.8mm thickness halfway down the side of the band, not only at the bottom of the ring, but quite possibly because the CAD images show everything magnified, and I would not be bothered so much when I see it in person.

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty. I am not an expert but, I wonder about the area on the top right picture, where the lower marquise will reach for the center stone basket. There is a strip of metal that appears will be visible from head on. Could that somehow be improved aesthetically? Beautiful stone. Love the color!

Hmm...that's a good point. I don't think I mind it too much since it resembles (in the render) winding vines, but I'll think about it :3

I like it, but not in love. I think that the ring is too wide and too plain at the base of the marquise in the side view (bottom right). More details can be added with engraving to make the marquise diamonds look more organically leaf-like after the gems have been set, but for my personal taste I would want the tapering to be more significant and reach the 1.8mm thickness halfway down the side of the band, not only at the bottom of the ring, but quite possibly because the CAD images show everything magnified, and I would not be bothered so much when I see it in person.

That's a good point about the tapering! I guess it depends; I don't want to accidentally compromise structure/support for a wider/heavier top for the sake of aesthetics. I guess I'll see what the designer says.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
The leaves feel a bit symmetrically asymmetric. Does that make any sense? For true vine likeness, maybe make it more organic looking, or else then make them more symmetric?

Also agree it looks a bit too much metal? I feel like leaves details, or something can be added.

I have a ring with branch like engravings on the metal part. Vendor pic since I can’t find my pics but mine is something like this:
0DF260B5-1F28-4930-A338-01B7256FCAA9.png

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
@Lilith112 , did you buy that paraiba yet?

I decided against it for now since I really can't come up with a design for it lol. If anyone is interested in it, I can recc the seller to you guys.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@Lilith112 Oh pls share! Always nice to know new sellers :P2

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I decided against it for now since I really can't come up with a design for it lol. If anyone is interested in it, I can recc the seller to you guys.
Good, I hate to disagree with everyone, but it looks more like a blue topaz than a paraiba. It is not glowy in the photos.

Now it might be nice in person but the GRS photo and the hand shots are not very glowy. The stone is darker, but I’ve seen aquas like that.

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
@icy_jade if you're on Instagram, I can DM you my WeChat ID :3 profile name is @sleepyirl.

@T L ohh interesting! Well the main drawback for me was the size...just not a big fan of large gems lol.

Module

Shiny_Rock
It's so beautiful, I like the velvet feeling of it.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh that is pretty with the stone taking center stage! Well-done. :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous outcome!!! The ring is stunning. I love the glowy velvety blue. Your jeweller did a great job with the setting. Please post a lot more pics

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the glow!! We need outdoor pics!

voce

Ideal_Rock
Ring is complete aaaaand I love it! Pictures all taken in indoor lighting :3

IMG_20190830_214740.jpg IMG_20190830_214707.jpg IMG_20190830_200658.jpg
Congratulations! The stone is not only lovely, but is the perfect size for that setting on your fingers! :kiss2:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
It’s lovely. What a beautiful blue! Enjoy your ring in happiness and health!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results