shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on this diamond, please.

iwa929

Rough_Rock
I just realized that only I have prices in euros on the website. So my budget is around $3,900. I am sorry for this misunderstanding.

The diamond i posted is $3,700.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Here you go:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

Oh yeah!

I saw that and thought: "Hmmm, 1.79 carat pushing a 7.9mm spread, HPHT colorless with no undisclosed blue nuance, an almost perfectly clean table, SI1 inclusion over the arrowhead and easily concealed by a prong, perfect arrows image, and $150 under max budget. WINNER!".

With the recent price jump, talk about a diamond in the rough!

iwa929

Rough_Rock
Should I be worried about this HCA score?

1.79.JPG

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Should I be worried about this HCA score?

1.79.JPG

I certainly would NOT be worried about a 0.9 score with that beautiful arrows image.

iwa929

Rough_Rock
I have a diamond reserved until today and I wonder about the comfort of wearing such a stone. I work with children as a physical therapist and I don't mind my 0.7 ct ring. I wonder how it will be with 1.79ct. What do you think?

Additionally, my husband says the stone is too big. Maybe he is right, considering that in Poland there are usually diamonds up to 0.3 ct. I wonder if I should look for something in the 1.4 ct area instead. I wish I could try them on before buying. What are your thoughts?

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
I have a diamond reserved until today and I wonder about the comfort of wearing such a stone. I work with children as a physical therapist and I don't mind my 0.7 ct ring. I wonder how it will be with 1.79ct. What do you think?

Additionally, my husband says the stone is too big. Maybe he is right, considering that in Poland there are usually diamonds up to 0.3 ct. I wonder if I should look for something in the 1.4 ct area instead. I wish I could try them on before buying. What are your thoughts?

Do you know how you will set it? The setting is what will determine if it‘s comfortable to wear or not more than the diamond itself.

iwa929

Rough_Rock
Do you know how you will set it? The setting is what will determine if it‘s comfortable to wear or not more than the diamond itself.

Yes, I want the same setting that I have now. I have no comparison with the others, but it is comfortable for me.

Screenshot_20210819-120720__01__01__01.jpg

Here it is:

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
That’s lovely! I honestly think you’ll get used to it and it won’t be a problem, but you could buy a 2 carat CZ ring and wear it a bit to help you decide. You might consider something more low profile if you feel it’s going to be a problem. Like this..

Attachments

• 10E29DAF-A552-49E8-BBE4-995659186914.jpeg
    10E29DAF-A552-49E8-BBE4-995659186914.jpeg
    397.7 KB · Views: 14

iwa929

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I like the one I posted more and I already have a matching band so I don't want to change the setting.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I think this 1.79ct is a heck of deal, considering the recent (and ongoing) price increases. It's impossible to predict the future of the market, but this may very well be $500+ more in the coming months due to supply constraints because of the global pandemic.
My vote is you snag it and enjoy it.

My wife has a 1.69ct with a 7.72mm spread and she was worried about the same thing. Almost four months later it's been put through the wringer every day: kids, work, weekend family activities, a lake vacation with lots of trail walking, boating, etc. No issues.

Of course, this is merely one single example and won't mirror your personal situation. Another suggestion is to get this beautiful ring so you don't miss out on the deal, then eventually get a cheap 1-1.5ct CZ (or maybe even Moissanite) ring to wear on the days that you feel might be extra taxing, along the lines that @mwilliamanderson mentioned.

If it feels like I'm pushing you to stick with this 1.79ct, then you are right: I don't want you to miss out on it. Going with a 1.4-1.5ct option would put it in the 7.2-7.4mm spread range, so less than a 1mm difference in outer diameter. I really don't think that it going to make a physical difference in the daily working environment, but you'll be able to visually see that size difference, so going with the 1.79ct has the advantage.

However, this is a very personal choice and it's ultimately up to you.

iwa929

Rough_Rock
Yes, this stone is indeed a great deal, so I don't want to wait with this decision.

My husband sowed a seed of doubt in me, but for him 0.7ct I already have is also big.
I think you understand me better. :mrgreen2:

Now i think if i had hurt a baby with this ring it would probably have happened with a 1.4 ct ring as well (or even 0.7ct, which never happened).

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, this stone is indeed a great deal, so I don't want to wait with this decision.

My husband sowed a seed of doubt in me, but for him 0.7ct I already have is also big.
I think you understand me better. :mrgreen2:

Now i think if i had hurt a baby with this ring it would probably have happened with a 1.4 ct ring as well (or even 0.7ct, which never happened).

I'm glad you're going forward with it. Can't wait see pictures of it set. Please be sure to show us when you get it.

Last edited:

iwa929

Rough_Rock
I will have to wait about a month for it, but of course I will share the pictures as soon as I receive it.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Wow, your new diamond looks absolutely gorgeous, iwa929!
So glad that you love it!

iwa929

Rough_Rock
I recently sold an old ring (with a profit - thank you Poland ). So I think that was the best decision as I can't stop looking at the new one!

iwa929

Rough_Rock
I recently sold an old ring (with a profit - thank you, Poland :mrgreen2:). So I think that was the best decision as I can't stop looking at the new one! :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results