Table: 58.5%
Crown Height: 14%
Crown Angle: 33.9
Pavilion Depth: 43%
Pavilion Angle: 40.8

Thanks ☺️

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
From the numbers table is a touch big and crown is a touch shallow.
We definitely need pictures to review this diamond- SI1 can vary from relatively eye clean, to “holy moly, what happened during that growth?”
Pictures and an ideal scope or ASET would be very helpful in deciding if this is a good purchase.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Using the diamond screener site, it lands within boundaries for both GIA Excellent and AGS Ideal:

Screenshot_20210811-090916.png

Were/are you able to see advanced images of it?
This is getting ominously close to being a 60/60 style of cut, which must be scrutinized heavily to ensure that they offer uniform brightness, scintillation, and dispersion while not suffering from adverse effects, such as light leakage.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Here is the picture:

diamond.jpg

The Arrows image looks absolutely beautiful and is nearly perfect! This one should be a really stout performer!

152ESI1TrueHearts.png

iwa929

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your opinion.

I'm just wondering if this is the best choice or is it better to look for something closer to the right values.

I have some time as i want to sell my current ring first but i want to do some more research. I don't want to make a mistake a second time. =)2

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Just for your consideration and to provide more options, here are some promising alternatives for you to take a look at:

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What are the specs of your current stone. What do you like about it? And what do you NOT like about it? That might help narrow down what people could look for. On that first you you posted, does it list clouds as an inclusion?

iwa929

Rough_Rock
Just for your consideration and to provide more options, here are some promising alternatives for you to take a look at:

Thanks. I was only looking for H&A but maybe it's a mistake :think:

anangel

Brilliant_Rock

I had an SI1 that was eye clean so I’m not questioning the clarity but I would be curious to see the clarity chart and a video to make sure clarity wasn’t based on clouds or something that impacts the transparency or sparkle of the diamond.
If not, this could be an excellent value!

iwa929

Rough_Rock
What are the specs of your current stone. What do you like about it? And what do you NOT like about it? That might help narrow down what people could look for. On that first you you posted, does it list clouds as an inclusion?
I didn't know much about diamonds when I bought it.
Then I found this group where I learned so many new things.

So here it is:
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...j-color-si1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-9213353

I would also like to upgrade it to a larger stone. =)2

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Those stones are nice bc you get more detailed info from the H&A view, but there are definitely other stones on JA worth considering (like the ones posted above).

iwa929

Rough_Rock
I am also considering choosing something below 1.5 ct for a better price. Is there a noticeable difference between 1.4 and 1.5 ct?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I am also considering choosing something below 1.5 ct for a better price. Is there a noticeable difference between 1.4 and 1.5 ct?

That will hinge on what you are after.
A 1.2ct F VVS1 (with undisclosed blue nuance) LGD can be only marginally less expensive than a 1.5ct E VS2 LGD.

Whatever your budget is, some of the most brilliant and discerning minds are here to help you maximize your purchase, and make sure it's from a company that will allow you to get 100% of your money back in case you are not happy. Side note: JA now includes their LGDs in their upgrade program!

iwa929

Rough_Rock
I will definitely be looking for similar stones to the ones you sent earlier (those 1.5 ct). I don't need better clarity than eye-clean or the best color. I just read that it is worth choosing something below these "magic numbers".

Return or upgrading is not an option because I live in Poland, so even with shipping here there is a problem and I have to ask for help my friend who lives in the UK.

That's why I want to sell the ring first because I can't upgrade it.

If everything goes according to my plan, I will surely ask you again for help in choosing a specific diamond. Thank you all for your help. ☺️

iwa929

Rough_Rock
I wonder why some diamonds have H&A marks when they are all defined as ideal cut.
Are they better than others because of this?

The three examples mentioned above:

1628760656362.png
1628760674968.png
1628761078457.png

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I wonder why some diamonds have H&A marks when they are all defined as ideal cut.
Are they better than others because of this?

The three examples mentioned above:

1628760656362.png
1628760674968.png
1628761078457.png

Sometimes, not always. The H&A designation from IGI seems to be an indicator of slightly tighter symmetry (check the alignment of the arrows, for instance), but should not be the determining factor for light return and performance. The differences will likely never be discernable to anyone, because all of them meet the specific cut proportions and angles criteria.

That being said, the LGD that I bought for my wife had the H&A designation on the report, because it was important to me, at a subjective level.

iwa929

Rough_Rock
Hi, I guess I can't wait until I sell my current ring. I would like to resume my search for the perfect diamond, but all 3 suggestions are no longer available.
Therefore, I am asking for help in finding something new.

I want the diamond to be around 1.5 ct, ideal - true heart cut, eye-clean.
My budget is around 3,400 (better 3,300).

I found this diamond:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you post the cert?

I like these 2 because of the h&a images.

A tiny bit over budget but I think there are codes for $100 off:

Would want to confirm this is eye clean

iwa929

Rough_Rock
Can you post the cert?

I like these 2 because of the h&a images.

A tiny bit over budget but I think there are codes for $100 off:

Would want to confirm this is eye clean

I mean the budget for the stone itself is around 3,400 (better 3,300).

Here's the cert:
7BDA614D-4908-4753-A084-31F310C12455.jpeg

iwa929

Rough_Rock
HCA score:
Screenshot_20210817-162326.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results