shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion Idealscope image

MarciTy

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

As many, I'm looking forward to buy the best diamond for my proposal. I'm new to the forum and I hope this is the right section.

I've recently come across a 0.83 ct G VS1 diamond from James Allen, certified GIA triple EX, with no fluorescence.
The HCA suggests a 0.6 score.
I eventually contacted the company in order to get an Idealscope images and this is what I got.
Could you please help me understand if this diamond is worth the money or if I should invest 200$ more and get a similar spec diamond from Whiteflash (but H colour and cut "a cut above")?

Thank you very much for your help.

Attachments

• Idealscp.jpg
    Idealscp.jpg
    401.6 KB · Views: 33

amoline

Shiny_Rock
If it were me I'd go with WF just for having peace of mind with their customer service and an upgrade policy, and the guarantee that an ACA stone has been vetted, etc. etc. since it's not a huge cost difference

Just my 2c.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Post the numbers from the report or the report # please.

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Interesting stone, small table high crown low pavilion.?

Last edited:

MarciTy

Rough_Rock
Dimensions: 6.02-6.04-3.75
Table 53%
Depth 62.2%
Crown 34.0°
Pavillon 40.6°

MarciTy

Rough_Rock
Sorry I got a typo. The HCA was 0.8, anyway I finished my 3 trials and cannot perform it anymore

MarciTy

Rough_Rock
If it were me I'd go with WF just for having peace of mind with their customer service and an upgrade policy, and the guarantee that an ACA stone has been vetted, etc. etc. since it's not a huge cost difference

Just my 2c.

That is a good point, that's why I need your advice.
In general either I stick to the cited diamond, or go for two options that imply downgrading the colour:
  • WF similar carat, VS2, H, +150$
  • BGD signature, similar carat, VS1, H, from +100 to +300$

I've read many posts about the colour and also saw some real examples in jewellery and I got to the conclusion that from H to G for a ring there is not much difference. On the other side, my girlfriend's family is quite into rocks and would like to avoid doing something that is immediately labelled as a newbie's error.

Thank you all for the good advice!!

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats a very contrasty stone. I still like it.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats a very contrasty stone. I still like it.
Agree. It will have good contrast, but rick obstruction when viewed closely. For $200, I'd go with WF due to their more generous upgrade policy and lack of risk of obstruction. I find several H and G stones in budget and ask WF to send you photos to compare them.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for spending an extra $200, dropping to an H, and going with WF.

MarciTy

Rough_Rock
Many thanks for your help, I will then go to WF!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results