shape
carat
color
clarity

Ooops Bought wrong diamond and it has blue nuance

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
That's what I call 'cold' for lack of more informed terminology. It's not a look I gravitate toward.
*and that I is not an I, but I'm the weirdo who likes them with a lot of tint.

If you are able to return/exchange, then we can find you a warmer G-K HPHT Type IIa with ideal proportions and angles, if you'd like.

Example: here's a 4.3x I VS1 HPHT with the H&A designation and a beautiful 40.8/35/56 combo for under $3100:

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My take (uninitiated to the thread- couldn’t read all the pages)
1) the video shows blue for sure.
2) IGI does not grade these stones using GIA standards. Based on my experience, GIA would grade such a stone “Fancy Light Blue”. I’ve submitted similar stones to verify this.
3) it should be a very attractive price.
If you don’t love blue…… and the fact no one told you ( I’d that’s the case)…..
those affect my advice. I happen to love faint blue. But not everyone does

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
If you don’t like the stone when you receive it I would still try to return it. Last month I returned some loose stones to Ritani well outside of the return window. Not 100% sure they would let you but it’s worth a shot if you’re not happy with the stone. I just opened a chat and told them I wanted to start a return. They didn’t ever mention that it was outside the return period.

They never returned my call today and the chat says "unavailable" so i thought maybe because it's Yom Kippur? When i look in my account it says "eligible for return" so i am definitely going to try! I have a new warm one i love in my cart, so hopefully i can exchange it

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
If you are able to return/exchange, then we can find you a warmer G-K HPHT Type IIa with ideal proportions and angles, if you'd like.

Example: here's a 4.3x I VS1 HPHT with the H&A designation and a beautiful 40.8/35/56 combo for under $3100:

Thank you so much Deja! I love this warmth. I will keep you posted if I can return it and we can try the old "post coordination" of you posting the link when i am on so it doesn't get snagged. Thank yoU!

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
My take (uninitiated to the thread- couldn’t read all the pages)
1) the video shows blue for sure.
2) IGI does not grade these stones using GIA standards. Based on my experience, GIA would grade such a stone “Fancy Light Blue”. I’ve submitted similar stones to verify this.
3) it should be a very attractive price.
If you don’t love blue…… and the fact no one told you ( I’d that’s the case)…..
those affect my advice. I happen to love faint blue. But not everyone does

thank you - it was totally my fault, it was on the report, i just literally bought the wrong one. Apparently i like the look of jaundice so i am going to try to return this for something warmer

Inked

Brilliant_Rock

I loooooooooove this :kiss2:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no Inked-I'm so sorry that this diamond is not the one for you. I hope a warmer colored diamond hits the sweet spot for you.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
i just bought an HPHT L color oval so you can find lower colors in HPHT but it's not as prevalent. I don't have it yet but you can see it's very warm in the video.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Jax172, what are your plans for this? It's lovely!
My favorite Asscher is an L w/ fluoro. To me, L looks real.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
thank you - it was totally my fault, it was on the report, i just literally bought the wrong one. Apparently i like the look of jaundice so i am going to try to return this for something warmer

Be careful on lower colors in Lab diamonds. None of them fluoresce and in many cases the tint is grey….
Faint yellow in lower colors does exist but not that common. Another unusual aspect- since the technology for making colorless labs has improved we see less and less lower color diamonds on the market…….so a D color can cost less than a J color!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results