shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Only Vintage for an Old Stone! 3.33c OEC in 1920's Platinum.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Only Vintage for an Old Stone! 3.33c OEC in 1920's Plati

Love it. Your patience (which I know you have a boatload of :cheeky: :wink2: ) paid off!!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock

it's gorgeous...and with the leafy stacker... :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: perfect!!!

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Mara your ring is stunning! Wow patience definitely was worth it. This ring is serious prefection! I also have to say that it looks pretty in the close ups, but when you see it on your hand from farther away it really takes my breath away. It looks classic and regal. Just gorgeous! :love:

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock

Gorgeous! Congrats!! :appl:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mara, it is absolutely stunning and perfect for your stone! I admire your patience and tenacity in your search, and it certainly paid off! That profile view is amazing!! :love: :love: Just curious, how high is the stone set from your finger--is there a lot of space between the culet and your finger? Do you think that contributes to it possibly looking a little bigger than before? It looks HUGE!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock

Mara, it is *perfect*. Love the 8 prongs and am so glad you held out for something you loved.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock

Hi Mara, I love your new ring. It has such a cool profile! I remember your old ring with the eternity shank ( it was gorgeous too). So do you think you'll be upgrading again or is this it?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thanks ladies..!!

IK...I don't know! The stone looks so much bigger in this setting, but maybe not quite big 'enough'? :naughty:

I also sometimes think that I wouldn't mind upgrading color at some point, but that could be expensive so we'll see! Right now I am so happy with the overall piece.

Kim... some of it is the height I think, but it's not 'too high' which is good because I'm clumsy. It sits up just the right amt. I had them also sit it as low as they could in the setting and still seat it properly, there is some space but not a ton. I think it's a combo of the height, the arms swooping up and the 8 prongs. A great combo!

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock

Be still my beating heart, that is stunning! :love:

I think I might be in love with your ring... shhh, don't tell my husband! :naughty:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful vintage piece! If you were to ever upgrade to a bigger rock, would you still be able to reuse the setting?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

**me on my knees, bowing before the alter of Mara** Oh, we are not worthy! What talent, what ability, what perfection! I couldn't even finish the thread before I posted this! Unbelievably elegant! **now must go back and read whole thread, looking for more pics :cheeky: **

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Okay, I'm back! No more pictures, thought :blackeye: :((

I love vintage pieces and you absolutely found a masterpiece - a diamond in the rough, hah! It amazes me that you could see the potential of it and know it would work for your stone. I love the profile, the elegant simplicity, the graceful lines and the perfect match with your stone - that is such a forever ring! Stunning! The only thing I can add is that the stone is so fiery, I wonder how many people actually even notice the setting, despite its perfection? :love: :love:

Can you come over to CS once in a while and start the "Mara School of Finding The Perfect Antique Settings"? Please?? :bigsmile:

jerichosmom

Shiny_Rock

Mara, you've given me the inspiration and the motivation to get my stone re-set. If you decide to sell your temp setting please let me know as I'm looking for a pre-owned (aka non-retail priced) simple prong setting to tide me over until I can find something similar to your magnificent ebay find!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

thanks minous..! i actually have found a lot of vintage settings on ebay, but just depends what you are looking for. i don't want to pay $1500+ for a setting when i know they can be found for less. i have about 15 CS's that i need to get set at some point and i have my eye on a few vintage settings but need to free up some funds first hehe.

jericho...you are going to reset your stone? i love your setting LOVE IT!!! if you sell it let me know. as for my temp, i have it in the jewelry box and if you are interested let me know, it really is a pretty basic 6 prong tiff style but it worked well for the time i had it. the prongs are what make a ring sing, IMO!

still LOVING this setting. i marvel at it almost daily. and i get so many compliments on my ring now, before in the temp setting i don't think it really commanded quite as much as it does today, it seems like people see it so much more and it seems to stand up more proudly, maybe the height of the setting? funny thing is i thought i might hit it a fair amt but i don't so the height is not an issue. just so over the moon i found this setting still. seems truly meant to be.

chicam

Shiny_Rock

Mara do you mind sharing how much ballpark the refurbishing of your setting by Adam was? You don't have to be specific but give me an idea if you don't mind. I'm thinking of going down that road soon, as I have a setting that can benefit from some refurbishing. I'd just like an idea and hopefully the refurbishing didn't break your bank account.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

hi Chicam.. my memory is crap even though it was so recent...but it was around $200.. sizing, polish, refurb of the prong tips, and setting of the stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results