shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Only Vintage for an Old Stone! 3.33c OEC in 1920's Platinum.

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Only Vintage for an Old Stone! 3.33c OEC in 1920's Plati

Congratulations Mara on such a gorgeous setting for your stone! Your stone is so beautiful and you found the PERFECT home for it! :love:
The details on it is so amazing! Looks like its fit for a Queen! ..I also love how it goes with all of your bands. I just can't stop looking at your pics! You must take more when the weather is better :naughty: So we can all drool here :bigsmile:
Congrats on your diamond's final home :halo:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

That's amazing Mara! It must have been fated! Enjoy your "new" ring! Wear her in good health and much happiness for many years to come!

dani13

Ideal_Rock

I said it before, and I'll say it again...That ring is absolutely AMAZEBALLS!!!! :love: :love: :love: Congratulations on finding the perfect setting for the perfect stone! Wear it in much happiness and good health!!!:)

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

WOW, that is absolute PERFECTION!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Gorgeous stone, amazing setting :love: I am a sucker for 8-prong settings :love:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Persistence pays off - they were made for one another! I love how the points come up almost to the girdle.

Do you have plans for the other setting? :naughty:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh, Mara!!!! :love: :love: :love: Boy do we have the same taste!!! :bigsmile: This is exactly what I have in mind for my future diamond!!!! I have saved photos of several crown heads but some have too many diamonds for me. I love the look of the little bands with it and a plain setting with character is PERFECT for the diamond, in my opinion!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Maybe "they"don't, but fortunately you and a few others do, Victor!

And Mara, I hope you never even consider another upgrade. This stone is huge on you and the setting is perfect. I do not see an increase in size being more attractive at all.

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock

Incredibly gorgeous!!!!!! :love:

Cachette :))

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock

I think I died and went to heaven. That ring is perfect! The stone = perfect. The 8-prongs = pefect. The profile view = perfect. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! :appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

Excellent setting--love the outcome!

cheers--Sharon

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The setting is heavenly and looks like it was meant for your stone!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock

I just love, love, LOVE this!! :love:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

There is something for me to learn here. Patience does pay off. I am usually impatient and buy something for now instead of waiting for what I really want. Its beautiful Mara. Enjoy wearing that beauty.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006|1356016234|3336476 said:

Maybe "they"don't, but fortunately you and a few others do, Victor!

And Mara, I hope you never even consider another upgrade. This stone is huge on you and the setting is perfect. I do not see an increase in size being more attractive at all.

Exactly. You want an unbelieveably beautiful ring, not an unbelieveable ring!

stci

Ideal_Rock

Divine is the good word to describe thid beauty! Congratulations! :love:

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Mara, I think the setting was waiting for you. It's a gorgeous ring.

plummiecat

Shiny_Rock

It's gorgeous!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Home run! Love everythng about it. Worth the patience for sure!

I can see a slight etched detail on the shank but can't tell what it is... is there some carving or detailing there? Or was it reshanked do you think? Always curious about the details.

I am a big fan of 8 prongs, especially on nice huge stones!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That is a awesome setting Mara! I adore the crown like head, it is jaw dropping seeing the profile with your stackers! I dont think it could be more perfect for that gorgeous stone. I really hope it is your forever stone and setting because I cant imagine a more beautiful combo.

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock

Mara - your ring is GORGEOUS!! Seriously, my dream ring! You did a great job finding the setting and Adam did a great job customizing it for you. Amazing! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

DecoHouse

Rough_Rock

SO amazing!! I know the feeling of owning repo's and wanting the real thing. Congrats :)

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Amazing find! Looks like it was made for your stone!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock

You already know I love this new setting!! Everything about it is perfect, especially the curvy profile. Swoon! I need a new old setting now, curse you! ;))

Victor Canera

Shiny_Rock
Trade

Dreamer_D|1356047268|3336870 said:
I can see a slight etched detail on the shank but can't tell what it is... is there some carving or detailing there? Or was it reshanked do you think? Always curious about the details.

That's actually where the two cathedral arms were originally soldered on to the shank when it was made. Over the years of polishing, the solder's metal properties makes it polish away differently from the base metal, that's why they're more visible now. It's not part of the design but part of the construction of the piece.

My best,

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Amazing, regal-looking beauty!!! :appl: :appl: :love: :love:

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you, I was wondering about that too.

Mara, congratulations on finally having your dream ring! It is very beautiful. :love:

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thanks everyone!!! It really does seem somehow meant to be. :love:

DS and MGR... well you know me, I'm a size ho, hehe. But I do think that this setting makes the stone look bigger whereas I do admit to thinking sometimes that gee this 9.5mm stone doesn't look as big as I'd expected when I'd daydreamed about it. But now I feel like this setting really does make it pop more and I see people looking at it more. The day after I got it, I was in a conf meeting and the girl behind me said 'I love your ring!'...whereas I'd had it in my old setting for months and only my closest friends really knew what I'd done. I think also the 8 prongs help make it stand out more, and the height. Sooo I don't know...never say never but I am pretty happy with the size for now.

Victor, I'm glad you chimed in about the marks since I wasn't quite sure what is was...only that it was there. The other setting I got that's very similar to this one which did not fit my stone has 2 thin lines in the same spot on each side and I have seen that on other vintage pieces (JBEG has one that has them I think) and just thought it was some design element for the period. But this was the first setting I'd seen with one line on each side. In fact I wasn't sure when I got it originally, thought maybe they were scratches or something (perfectly symmetrical scratches, yes sounds odd) but when it was polished up they were still there. I like it visually, somehow adds a bit of texture/interest.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This really is evidence of the value of going with platinum. A hundred years later the setting is polished and looks absolutely perfect.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock

This is officially one of my favorite settings! It really is the precursor to the RC and it was a truly fantastic find!! Your ring is gorgeous and huge -- love what 8 prongs does to a big stone!

Love that sapphire band, too :naughty:

CDCsparkles

Shiny_Rock

Beautiful stone and a wonderful setting! Great find! Congrats on your wonderful ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results