shape
carat
color
clarity

Only Chance Custom? Diamond Thoughts? Engagement Ring!

sparkle45

Shiny_Rock
Sorry! I am just a girl who likes the inspiration ring AND recently found that SK ring and about died over it. It has the same elements - swoopy lines, sparkle, rose gold. I figured, if I love both of them, then she probably would too, so figured I'd throw it out there just in case. And yeah.. I knew it would be way out of budget but I figured maybe SK could point him in a different, less costly direction that would still have similar elements, but with less labor. =)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sparkle45|1470431049|4062889 said:
Sorry! I am just a girl who likes the inspiration ring AND recently found that SK ring and about died over it. It has the same elements - swoopy lines, sparkle, rose gold. I figured, if I love both of them, then she probably would too, so figured I'd throw it out there just in case. And yeah.. I knew it would be way out of budget but I figured maybe SK could point him in a different, less costly direction that would still have similar elements, but with less labor. =)

oh no i get it, its stunning. i just didnt wnat the insured to be deflated if he gets a quote from him thats 5 grand.
but yes, that ring is TDF!

chillingambitiously

Rough_Rock
Wow!

Thanks for the huge amount of feedback on this. That Sylvie ring looks pretty promising and is in a good price range, thanks Neil. Now to just make sure I can get it in yellow gold, any input on 14k vs. 18k?
A couple of those Hera rings look good too, thanks SeeingSunshine.
Like I said she absolutely loves the ring I posted but will also love something similar.

Also, any input on the diamond part of this? I've found Union to have some of the best deals, any thought on this?
Is it as easy as plugging in my parameters and picking one out that looks fitting. I will most likely go for a higher color if an SI2 is selected based on tyty's suggestion.

Thanks again everyone, seems like you're making it easier than it should be!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sylvie can do yellow gold.
In my opinion spring for the 18k if you can afford it. Seems like it would still be in your budget if that Sylvie one really is that price everywhere. For any other gold I think 14 is great but yellow gold is so lux in 18k and ever so slightly tinny in 14k. If it's not in the budget 14k is not the end of the world at all, but if you can go 18k, id say it's worth it.

Im about to head out so I can't comment on the diamonds for a little bit, but your parameters could be tightened up just a little to ensure you can get a good performer. If we can find a place that will sell you the setting and stone together, I think that's a good route, if not, well have to see ...

BeekeeperBetty

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have nothing helpful to add, I just wanted to say that I love the ring your girlfriend chose. She has excellent taste. But I do agree that it might get a bit dinged up if worn everyday. Let us know what you choose!

I'm not one of the round diamond experts here, so I can't help you with that, either. :lol: I just had to pop in and tell you I love the setting.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first thing I'd do is email 1910.
They don't have the setting you want, but they do sell that setting, and are usually competitivein pricing.
I notice they have this settinfhere, you can compare it to the site that DOES have the setting you like, and see they're amazing a little less than the site was here

Meaning to illustrate they should be similar in price.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that Sylvie setting that Neil found is lovely and at a good price point.

Also, some of those Parade settings look nice also and are in your price range...good find Sunshine!
I like this one
http://www.paradedesign.com/jewelry/hera-bridal/hera-bridal-r2848/

http://www.paradedesign.com/jewelry/hera-bridal/hera-bridal-r2848/

Actually, I think you are looking more at a .9ish stone. I'm not finding any SI2s that look like they are going to be eye-clean and
well cut.

This is the only 1 carat I could find and the clouds may be affecting the sparkle. You would have to ask James Allen.
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.00-carat-i-color-si2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-1963840

You may want to talk to Yuketiel at ID Jewelry to see what he can find you. Tell him that you are a Pricescoper and you want
eye-clean as close to 1 carat as he can find in your budget, I colored or higher.

Edit...this would be a nice stone in your budget.
http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3461745.htm .9 I/VS2

chillingambitiously

Rough_Rock
peachmagnolia|1470458917|4062996 said:
The ring she likes is from here http://1009648.kancart.com/item_detail/759#. it's a cz ring.

Well there it is and looks like I'm going be saving a lot of money!

Kind of sad to see such a beautiful ring in that place.

Neil thanks for the info on 1910, I inquired to them on the Sylvie ring and diamond. Looks like it may be a good fit. Do places like this offer any deals when buying the full set from them?

TyTy, thanks for the referal to Yuketiel. I've seen ID Diamonds pop up throughout the site and reached out this morning to them to see what suggestions and stone they may have.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Probably too late to be helpful, but I cab vouch for Silvers cape Design in Northampton for settings. Workmanship is awesome and they have tons of good artisans.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
chillingambitiously|1470494080|4063051 said:
peachmagnolia|1470458917|4062996 said:
The ring she likes is from here http://1009648.kancart.com/item_detail/759#. it's a cz ring.

Well there it is and looks like I'm going be saving a lot of money!

Kind of sad to see such a beautiful ring in that place.

Neil thanks for the info on 1910, I inquired to them on the Sylvie ring and diamond. Looks like it may be a good fit. Do places like this offer any deals when buying the full set from them?

TyTy, thanks for the referal to Yuketiel. I've seen ID Diamonds pop up throughout the site and reached out this morning to them to see what suggestions and stone they may have.

I don't think they have a deal when you buy them both together, most placea don't have something like that. However on their homepage I see if you sign up for email offers you can get $100 off

What did they say the setting cost would be? Maybe we can find a little larger diamond if there's more in the budget for the diamond

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results