shape
carat
color
clarity

On Wednesdays We Wear Pink (show me your pink jewels)

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
Oops! I’m clueless why the window is so obvious in photos. It isn’t that obvious irl ;)2

Burmese purplish pink spinel, 7ct.
Slightly deep cut.

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
i need details !! :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

is it Wednesday already ? :lol-2:

They are all spinels except for an aquamarine (easy to spot) and a colour change garnet (not so easy to spot?) and five tiny diamonds. i collected the stones from Yavorskyy (centre and silver) Gemcal (various shades of pink and lilac) Clearwatergemsuk (blue) and Artiagem(aqua). My friend’s mother suggested putting all the stones in one piece - so glad i took her advice!

Barkingatstrangers

Rough_Rock
Hey! I can finally play this game after loving pink FOREVER and not nearly having enough in my life. Precision-cut lilac pink spinel, set with MRB.

Attachments

• 8A23D877-1B9E-4DE7-953A-E15E1C4F1B0D.jpeg
    8A23D877-1B9E-4DE7-953A-E15E1C4F1B0D.jpeg
    142.3 KB · Views: 24

goldnsilver

Shiny_Rock
This is the closest to pink I have. My Malaya garnet, in desperate need for a new dress. 20220726_160815.jpg
what are you planning for her ?
MV5BZjMwMzFhNzgtMzkzNS00ODdkLWFiZGQtN2E3M2YwMGUzZDRjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODk1MjAxNzQ@._V1_.jpg
i say this wih much love in my heart - - she reminds me of Angelina Ballerina - the little cartoon mouse who i adore

Good one @Daisys and Diamonds, she really does! @Mrs_Strizzle your Malaya garnet also reminds me of sugar plum (both the Victorian sweet and the Nutcracker fairy), now that Daisy has made the ballet connection. A small halo sounds perfect, I love it!

03bf68f9c24b8bde4c9e3af6e1469c15e6f3eb1f.jpg

ezgif.com-gif-maker (1).jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good one @Daisys and Diamonds, she really does! @Mrs_Strizzle your Malaya garnet also reminds me of sugar plum (both the Victorian sweet and the Nutcracker fairy), now that Daisy has made the ballet connection. A small halo sounds perfect, I love it!

03bf68f9c24b8bde4c9e3af6e1469c15e6f3eb1f.jpg

ezgif.com-gif-maker (1).jpg
phew
im glad i wasn't the only one who saw the connection
i was a bit worried a cartoon mouse might not be seen as a complement - but she is the most darling and kind little thing, i watch cartoons if im home sick

is that what a sugar plum is ?
a rum ball

goldnsilver

Shiny_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds I didn't know Angelina Ballerina but I thought she was the cutest thing in the picture you posted! I'll check out the cartoon.

I guess the traditional Victorian sugar plum is very much like a rum ball (they sure look alike), but no cocoa/chocolate and more fruity. I was obsessed with reading up on them a couple of Christmases ago but the details now escape my mind lol. Just checked the wiki article to refresh my memory and yeah, I think the story is that "plum" used to denote the shape of the confectionery rather than the fruit, so anything went, but sugar plums became more closely associated with the actual fruit in the 19th century.

Here's a recipe that I found on Victorian Emporium:

(Sorry for the thread jack!)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds I didn't know Angelina Ballerina but I thought she was the cutest thing in the picture you posted! I'll check out the cartoon.

I guess the traditional Victorian sugar plum is very much like a rum ball (they sure look alike), but no cocoa/chocolate and more fruity. I was obsessed with reading up on them a couple of Christmases ago but the details now escape my mind lol. Just checked the wiki article to refresh my memory and yeah, I think the story is that "plum" used to denote the shape of the confectionery rather than the fruit, so anything went, but sugar plums became more closely associated with the actual fruit in the 19th century.

making me hungry ....
id have to double up the brandy and ditch the figs - but sounds delicouse and tradional
prunes are so yummy when you don't tell anyone they are in there

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That recipe sounds delicious! I never knew exactly what sugarplums were.......

goldnsilver

Shiny_Rock
My "new" art nouveau floral ring with coral-colored enamel has been getting lots of love in the antiques thread, and it was suggested that I share it here!

C22AEED4-B6A2-4B7C-A299-C31D7F3CCACB.jpeg

Yay! So happy to see your gorgeous rings here. (Sigh) pink may just be my favourite colour for enamel, it's so delicate looking and wonderful with yellow gold.

@pokerface they are so pretty! I love the swirls.
This is my 30 ct rubellite, which looks like red wine in some light and wild magenta pink in others. 410BFC82-1942-4C8E-B30B-B9B54C43BABE.jpeg

Such a beautiful cab!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results