shape
carat
color
clarity

The saga finally ends! Pink sapphire trilogy ring, heart sides—final iteration

margauxmines

Shiny_Rock
I want to start off by thanking all the lovely PSers who have given their insights and advice as I went through this (half-harrowing) ring journey!
You were all so helpful and encouraging—thank you so much!

It started with this beautiful hot pink lab sapphire from Gene... I had it set into a solitaire which was very pretty but after a traumatic event, I needed to reset the ring as I felt that it gave off bad vibes following the incident.

The reset into a trilogy was gorgeous and I was very happy with it!

... until I discovered, upon louping, that the jeweller had chipped the centre stone but insisted that they had not... It was no small chip either, took off a big chunk off a meetpoint. There are only 2 lapidaries where I am and neither of them felt confident enough to touch it. Friends told me to just let it go and that "nobody can see it," but I could!!! :(sad When the light hit the stone in a particular way, the chip was GLARING. If you ran your finger over it, you could feel it. I was miserable!!!

Some photos of the damage...

IMG_4613.JPG

1651282956568108 2.JPG

1651283021798274 2.JPG

After I agonised over the damage and how un-mind-clean my ring was now, my bf agreed to getting a replacement centre stone. :pray:

I decided to get a PC blush pink lab sapphire from AndrewsEnchantedGems. I saw on his IG that he had some previously-cut sapphires in this colour and they were beautiful, a much lighter and softer pink, which my bf also preferred instead of the hot pink colour of the chipped sapphire. I ordered an oval in roughly the same dimensions and Andrew was so kind to do his best to meet them. He worked very quickly too! I placed my order on a Tuesday I think, and he had the sapphire ready by Sunday. He was all-around such a wonderful person to deal with. We did the payment and transaction via Etsy but the discussion of the stone details via IG DM. I highly recommend him to anyone looking to get new PC stones :mrgreen2:

AD12B212-E93F-4C54-A4E4-A96BA5A8765F.JPG
4B8FCAA0-1EDC-43A9-98E5-49B956852DC3.JPG

Express shipping was true to its name, and I received the new blush pink sapphire promptly. I took a TONNE of loupe videos before sending it off to the jeweller (yes, the same one—I know, I know...) to ensure they couldn't claim it was already chipped when they received it.

They did the reset in a week and I received my ring back last Saturday.

You bet your *bleep* I louped that baby as soon as I got it to make sure they were extra, extra careful with the reset.

After confirming that everything was in order, I could finally breathe a sigh of relief.

IT'S OVER!

IT'S DONE!

THE RING IS PERFECT AND I CAN FINALLY ENJOY IT IN PEACE AND BLISS!!!

We love the colour of the new sapphire and though it's just a tad chonkier than the old hot pink one, I think it works so beautifully with the colourless moissy heart sides and the rose gold prongs against the white gold of the rest of the ring. It looks softer, daintier even if it's bigger, and I honestly can't stop admiring it!

IMG_5092.JPG

IMG_5093.JPG

IMG_5075.JPG

IMG_5077.JPG

IMG_5078.JPG

The chipped hot pink sapphire sits in a gem case for now, but I will eventually set it into a pendant. I don't want it to go to waste—it's still such a show-stopping stone, after all! But I just don't want it in a ring otherwise I'll drive myself mad looking at the chip alllll day long...

So that's the saga of this trilogy ring! I'm just so glad it's finally done and I can wear my long-awaited piece happily. :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

If you made it this far, thank you! :lol::lol:

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
I want to start off by thanking all the lovely PSers who have given their insights and advice as I went through this (half-harrowing) ring journey!
You were all so helpful and encouraging—thank you so much!

It started with this beautiful hot pink lab sapphire from Gene... I had it set into a solitaire which was very pretty but after a traumatic event, I needed to reset the ring as I felt that it gave off bad vibes following the incident.

The reset into a trilogy was gorgeous and I was very happy with it!

... until I discovered, upon louping, that the jeweller had chipped the centre stone but insisted that they had not... It was no small chip either, took off a big chunk off a meetpoint. There are only 2 lapidaries where I am and neither of them felt confident enough to touch it. Friends told me to just let it go and that "nobody can see it," but I could!!! :(sad When the light hit the stone in a particular way, the chip was GLARING. If you ran your finger over it, you could feel it. I was miserable!!!

Some photos of the damage...

IMG_4613.JPG

1651282956568108 2.JPG

1651283021798274 2.JPG

After I agonised over the damage and how un-mind-clean my ring was now, my bf agreed to getting a replacement centre stone. :pray:

I decided to get a PC blush pink lab sapphire from AndrewsEnchantedGems. I saw on his IG that he had some previously-cut sapphires in this colour and they were beautiful, a much lighter and softer pink, which my bf also preferred instead of the hot pink colour of the chipped sapphire. I ordered an oval in roughly the same dimensions and Andrew was so kind to do his best to meet them. He worked very quickly too! I placed my order on a Tuesday I think, and he had the sapphire ready by Sunday. He was all-around such a wonderful person to deal with. We did the payment and transaction via Etsy but the discussion of the stone details via IG DM. I highly recommend him to anyone looking to get new PC stones :mrgreen2:

AD12B212-E93F-4C54-A4E4-A96BA5A8765F.JPG
4B8FCAA0-1EDC-43A9-98E5-49B956852DC3.JPG

Express shipping was true to its name, and I received the new blush pink sapphire promptly. I took a TONNE of loupe videos before sending it off to the jeweller (yes, the same one—I know, I know...) to ensure they couldn't claim it was already chipped when they received it.

They did the reset in a week and I received my ring back last Saturday.

You bet your *bleep* I louped that baby as soon as I got it to make sure they were extra, extra careful with the reset.

After confirming that everything was in order, I could finally breathe a sigh of relief.

IT'S OVER!

IT'S DONE!

THE RING IS PERFECT AND I CAN FINALLY ENJOY IT IN PEACE AND BLISS!!!

We love the colour of the new sapphire and though it's just a tad chonkier than the old hot pink one, I think it works so beautifully with the colourless moissy heart sides and the rose gold prongs against the white gold of the rest of the ring. It looks softer, daintier even if it's bigger, and I honestly can't stop admiring it!

IMG_5092.JPG

IMG_5093.JPG

IMG_5075.JPG

IMG_5077.JPG

IMG_5078.JPG

The chipped hot pink sapphire sits in a gem case for now, but I will eventually set it into a pendant. I don't want it to go to waste—it's still such a show-stopping stone, after all! But I just don't want it in a ring otherwise I'll drive myself mad looking at the chip alllll day long...

So that's the saga of this trilogy ring! I'm just so glad it's finally done and I can wear my long-awaited piece happily. :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

If you made it this far, thank you! :lol::lol:

Oh damn I love it even more now!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the more gentle colour
Its a show stopper
but im also glad you have plans for the hot pink one
it is too gorgeous to not wear in some way
and it has a back story - not an overly happy one but its going to still get a happy ending

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is such a beautiful colour! I think it looks amazing & I'm so happy that you can close this upsetting chapter & move on.

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful and I love the color!

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Damn, that is pretty! I am happy for you, that you finally have a happy ending!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations @margauxmines!! Your saga has ended with what I think is the most beautiful incarnation of this piece of all :love: I hope it makes you smile every time you look at it, and I hope the other troubles pass quickly!

A pendant is a fantastic way to use the hot pink. The colour on that one is so striking. And yes, you won’t focus on the chip in a piece you won’t see as much! I might even go so far as to find it a mate (different colour, same size/shape/faceting) and make a pair of asymmetric earrings…

Just a heads up though, lab stones and moissanite aren’t permitted in SMTB. I sent the moderators a note re. your original post and they’ll move it over to the right forum!

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
I love the new combination! It's soft and dreamy, and beautiful on your hand!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful blush color!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m sorry you had to deal with that. It’s always a bummer when something happens to our rings but I’m glad You were able to find a beautiful replacement stone (which is just gorgeous btw). It looks amazing in the setting an on your hand. :kiss2:

margauxmines

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations @margauxmines!! Your saga has ended with what I think is the most beautiful incarnation of this piece of all :love: I hope it makes you smile every time you look at it, and I hope the other troubles pass quickly!

A pendant is a fantastic way to use the hot pink. The colour on that one is so striking. And yes, you won’t focus on the chip in a piece you won’t see as much! I might even go so far as to find it a mate (different colour, same size/shape/faceting) and make a pair of asymmetric earrings…

Just a heads up though, lab stones and moissanite aren’t permitted in SMTB. I sent the moderators a note re. your original post and they’ll move it over to the right forum!
Thank you so much for the kind words, @yssie ! The asymmetric earrings idea is interesting; I'll poke around Pinterest for some inspiration!
And thank you for the kind reminder & for messaging the mods! I should have read the description more thoroughly :lol:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for the kind words, @yssie ! The asymmetric earrings idea is interesting; I'll poke around Pinterest for some inspiration!
And thank you for the kind reminder & for messaging the mods! I should have read the description more thoroughly :lol:

Nah. I totally disagree with those SMTB rules. I said as much in my message to the mods. Beloved bling is beloved bling and it should be welcome in a forum titled “Show me the bling”!! But, y’know, not our sandbox. :boohoo:

You could do so many colour combos with that bright pink. It’s such a gloriously vivid colour… it’ll stand out no matter what you’re wearing or how long or dark your hair is. White and black of course. Green. Yellow. Orange. I love asymmetric earrings though. So disclaimer. :bigsmile:

margauxmines

Shiny_Rock
It’s beautiful!
Thank you, @BrownGinger ! :kiss2:

Oh damn I love it even more now!
Aww thank you @diamondyes ! :kiss2: It was a looong time coming... This was meant for our 7th anniversary last year (in August)—so it's been nearly a year :lol-2:

Pretty. It sparkles so much.
Thank you @oncrutchesrightnow ! :kiss2: It really does! It's sparkly enough on video but somehow even sparklier in person :kiss2:

This is such a beautiful colour! I think it looks amazing & I'm so happy that you can close this upsetting chapter & move on.
Thank you so much @Ally T ! Funnily enough everything that happened has made me appreciate the ring even more now! :mrgreen2:

Beautiful and I love the color!
Thank you @kathley ! It is so pretty! So lucky I saw Andrew's IG when I did :D

Damn, that is pretty! I am happy for you, that you finally have a happy ending!
Thank you @RMOO ! I think my boyfriend is glad too, because now all I talk about is how sparkly and pretty it is in a very content tone :lol-2::lol-2:

I love the new combination! It's soft and dreamy, and beautiful on your hand!
Thank you @lala646 ! Soft and dreamy describe it perfectly! This shade of pink I think looks best on my hand—the hot pink might be better suited as a pendant :kiss2:

What a beautiful blush color!
Thank you @Catmom ! (I too am a cat mom of 7 cats, btw :lol:)
It's a beautiful soft blush pink most lights, but it also shifts to a slightly lavender tone too! What a treat!
IMG_5105.JPG

It's beautiful! Congratulations.
Thank you @Diamond Girl 21 ! Thank you for the felicitations! :kiss2:

I love the more gentle colour
Its a show stopper
but im also glad you have plans for the hot pink one
it is too gorgeous to not wear in some way
and it has a back story - not an overly happy one but its going to still get a happy ending
Thank you @Daisys and Diamonds ! You were very much a part of this journey with your helpful suggestions in my threads. Thank you so much! :kiss2: The gentle pink is just dreamy, soft, creamy, princessy on the hand... I am so in love!

I agree, the hot pink is a very "LOOK AT ME!" stone and I think it would be perfect as pendant or earrings like @yssie suggested! And yes, at least it will have an interesting story to tell! :lol:

I’m sorry you had to deal with that. It’s always a bummer when something happens to our rings but I’m glad You were able to find a beautiful replacement stone (which is just gorgeous btw). It looks amazing in the setting an on your hand. :kiss2:
Thank you so much @elle_71125 ! Yes and a double whammy with this ring too—first the trauma with the solitaire, and then the chip on the first trilogy o_O but all's well that ends well! The new sapphire is such a lucky find! :kiss2: It looks so lovely nestled in its rose gold prongs it makes me giddy at how well the combination works :lol:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love a happy ending
Especially for a ring worthy of the best fairy tale

margauxmines

Shiny_Rock
Nah. I totally disagree with those SMTB rules. I said as much in my message to the mods. Beloved bling is beloved bling and it should be welcome in a forum titled “Show me the bling”!! But, y’know, not our sandbox. :boohoo:

You could do so many colour combos with that bright pink. It’s such a gloriously vivid colour… it’ll stand out no matter what you’re wearing or how long or dark your hair is. White and black of course. Green. Yellow. Orange. I love asymmetric earrings though. So disclaimer. :bigsmile:
Hahaha maybe they will consider it some day! At the very least we have this awesome community to bond with over all bling! :kiss2: My real-life friends don't understand "what the big deal is" :lol-2:

I have been getting into tsavorites lately... o_O I have very very long (like, tailbone-length!) dark dark brown hair, almost black (like most Filipinas) but I think you're definitely right that an atomic pink like that will still stand out :lol:

Although I'm mostly a stud earring girl myself which is why a pendant was my first idea! I was thinking maybe a rose-inspired pendant but I've yet to find inspiration for what I want :think:

I love a happy ending
Especially for a ring worthy of the best fairy tale
Thank you! A fairytale ending for a fairytale-looking ring! :kiss2::kiss2:
Now my bf just needs to worry about how to top this for the actual engagement ring! :lol-2::lol-2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results