shape
carat
color
clarity

On Wednesdays We Wear Pink (show me your pink jewels)

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s been a horrible week so I had to go out so said what the heck put on something sparkly on, so threw on my pink sapphire eternity and then got home and thought of this thread for some reason, so I took a picture next to the wood flowers my son and daughter-in-law bought me in Holland 0C8495B2-1DDB-4DA5-93D0-1E531E4E7E22.jpeg

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I keep meaning to post to this thread and keep forgetting but it’s still Wednesday so here you go! Maybe next week I will get to the pendants and earrings. I love pink and my mother loved bank so I have a lot of it.

106C4D8D-45D0-444F-9763-5448AE167366.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
how is this going ?
my pink pearl earings are at the jewler having been glued back together so i must pick them up before wednesday ;)2

opps sorry to mention the P word
ill make sure to post the pic in the approved forum

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
FedEx just delivered my latest auction find today!

This is temporarily in my possession as I plan to give this to my sister next month for her birthday. :) Pink Sapphires and diamonds…
7BDFB64B-B39C-42ED-9102-F5FCFDB13D2F.jpeg

margauxmines

Shiny_Rock

This is temporarily in my possession as I plan to give this to my sister next month for her birthday. :) Pink Sapphires and diamonds…

Beautiful!! :kiss2: if you don't mind sharing, where do you usually score auction finds like this?

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!! :kiss2: if you don't mind sharing, where do you usually score auction finds like this?

Thanks! I usually troll auction sites like Liveauctioneers and Auctionzip. This ring is my first purchase from Clars in CA.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just missed Wednesday, but for sure I'm not waiting another week to post in this fabulous thread! =)2

DW has three pink tourmaline rings

Orangy Pink Tourmaline 2.jpg

Pink Tourmaline 6.65ct 3.jpg

2 Hot Pink Ringdant 1.jpg

And a small but mighty rhodochrosite that is next in the queue to be set.

2.02ct Rhodochrosite 6.63x6.24x5.55 H2.jpg

I don't know about you guys, but DW finds that setting gemstones is a whole lot harder than buying them! :mrgreen2:

musicalmeow

Rough_Rock

How lovely! Did your sister receive it yet? It'd be exciting to hear about her reaction! :kiss2:

musicalmeow

Rough_Rock
2.02ct Rhodochrosite 6.63x6.24x5.55 H2.jpg

I don't know about you guys, but DW finds that setting gemstones is a whole lot harder than buying them! :mrgreen2:

Wow, I didn't know gems like this colour existed - it's practically glowing! What are your design ideas for setting it?

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
How lovely! Did your sister receive it yet? It'd be exciting to hear about her reaction! :kiss2:

Yes, last Thursday! And she loves it! She says it’s very comfortable, too.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, I didn't know gems like this colour existed - it's practically glowing! What are your design ideas for setting it?

Rhodochrosite is very soft with a Mohs harness of 4. Facetable material from the Sweet Home mine is scarce. So faceted gems are rare and mostly in the hands of mineral collectors. We didn't want this gorgeous stone to sit in a display case, so we decided to take the risk of setting it. The stone is too small to be a pendant so it will be set as a ring. It will definitely need a protective diamond surround of some sort, hopefully involving trillions. We are starting to look for inspiration but are still working with DKJ on a jadeite ring. After three false starts the jadeite will be finished this month, and then we will concentrate on the rhodochrosite. DW and I can't handle the stress of working on two jewelry designs at the same time. One design is bad enough! ;)2

Last edited:

musicalmeow

Rough_Rock
Rhodochrosite is very soft with a Mohs harness of 4. Facetable material from the Sweet Home mine is scarce. So faceted gems are rare and mostly in the hands of mineral collectors. We didn't want this gorgeous stone to sit in a display case, so we decided to take the risk of setting it. The stone is too small to be a pendant so it will be set as a ring. It will definitely need a protective diamond surround of some sort, hopefully involving trillions. We are starting to look for inspiration but are still working with DKJ on a jadeite ring. After three false starts the jadeite will be finished this month, and then we will concentrate on the rhodochrosite. DW and I can't handle the stress of working on two jewelry designs at the same time. One design is bad enough! ;)2

Oh a ring setting with trillion sides would be divine! Looking forward to hearing about the project when it starts and of course the finished piece later on!

Reactions: prs

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
more than 60 days since the last post :(2
lets bring back the pink to hump day :appl: :appl: :appl:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Attachments

• 1656585434635.png
    1656585434635.png
    395.6 KB · Views: 73

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i don't think a little dress rehearsal would hurt
but alas i don't have much pink to play with

holy cow check this out

I'm loving her attitude!!! And her jewelry!!!

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results