shape
carat
color
clarity

ON SALE : who is having one and what did you get?

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Very nice stone! I love that pinky/dusty color so much. Can't believe how different it looks from Dana's pics, I wouldn't recognize it as the same.

--- Laurie

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1388532520|3584082 said:
Very nice stone! I love that pinky/dusty color so much. Can't believe how different it looks from Dana's pics, I wouldn't recognize it as the same.

--- Laurie

Yes, it is more peachy than Dana's pictures, and than my big Barry light pink Malaya (here's a crappy blurry pic taken in dim incandescent lighting), but definitely has enough pink to make me happy. :) I should do a sunny daylight comparison pic, if the sun ever comes out again...

img_3201.jpg

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I haven't bought a piece of finished jewelry in awhile, just loose gems, plus I wanted to try something new. Yvonne Raley is having her annual 15% off everything sale and I bought this ring. I don't own any white gold but I like the way the gems look set in it here. I also don't own any Art Deco style pieces so this will be new for me too...I hope it like it in person, lol!

It is 14k white gold with blue/green tourmalines and blue to purple cc garnets. The middle pic shows it in incandescent lighting with the cc garnets purple.

And here's a link to her site, the sale is on through the 7th I believe.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/yvonneraley

_13349.jpg

_13351.jpg

_13350.jpg

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty, katharath! I like the colour combo.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Me too. Nice!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
NKOTB|1388540770|3584161 said:
JewelFreak|1388532520|3584082 said:

--- Laurie

Yes, it is more peachy than Dana's pictures, and than my big Barry light pink Malaya (here's a crappy blurry pic taken in dim incandescent lighting), but definitely has enough pink to make me happy. :) I should do a sunny daylight comparison pic, if the sun ever comes out again...

I love that color!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
katharath|1388684915|3584913 said:
I haven't bought a piece of finished jewelry in awhile, just loose gems, plus I wanted to try something new. Yvonne Raley is having her annual 15% off everything sale and I bought this ring. I don't own any white gold but I like the way the gems look set in it here. I also don't own any Art Deco style pieces so this will be new for me too...I hope it like it in person, lol!

It is 14k white gold with blue/green tourmalines and blue to purple cc garnets. The middle pic shows it in incandescent lighting with the cc garnets purple.

That is a really cool ring! Good choice.
P.S. I'm off to check out her Etsy store.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
NKOTB, JewelFreak, innerkitten - thanks :). I'm excited to see it in person!

I've really been enjoying this thread, seeing all the new purchases and finding out about sales I didn't know about...fun thread!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kath: I too love the color combo of your new ring.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really cool ring Katharath! That is so fun! I love that piece. Post handshots when you get it!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
BLUE ICE

My new unheated sapphire from the multicolour sale.

blueice.jpg

blueice1.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loving the color and that last shot, VL! :cheeky:

chatbandit

Shiny_Rock
I know sale season is over but anyone know of good sales happening?!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I don't think there is much sale activity this time of year. Many vendors and lapidaries are at the show in Tucson buying what they can. Prices of rough, when available, are very high, and rough is in scarce supply. It is unlikely there will be sales when vendors have new material that cost them dearly. Steve Wallner http://www.stevorocks.com/ sent out a newsletter the other day with 15% off for subscribers to the newsletter. He did say he will likely open it up to all in a few days. If you see something you like in the mean time you could sign up for the newsletter.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Africa Gems is having a valentines sale.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Julia B is having a Valentine's sale. :)

GregS

Brilliant_Rock
katharath|1388684915|3584913 said:

I'll echo everyone else's sentiment on this ring. The color's work incredibly well together, and the stones are laid out beautifully.

swissmiss

Shiny_Rock
katharath, that ring is GORGEOUS!

VL, I am ready to lick that sapphire!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results