shape
carat
color
clarity

ON SALE : who is having one and what did you get?

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Many vendors run sales this time of year. Clearing out old inventory, get things off their books before the year ends, whatever, there are good buys to be had. Whom do you know of who is having a sale? Did you get anything yourself?

I'll go first.
Finewatergems.com posted new stones and has marked all old stones down 10-40%. I scored 98 points of burmese spinel! I had seen it a month ago, but I knew to sale was coming so I held off despite the risk it could be bought before then. I seem to be acquiring stones that match ones I already have, so I suspect my unconscious is thinking necklaces.

finewaterburmaspin.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty stone, VapidLapid. I was seriously considering some of the color change garnets or sapphires but we just bought a new dining room table so I deleted the tempting email so I won't go look again.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone, VL. But I'm wondering - did he send out an email? I didn't get one :(sad I take that as Fate's way of letting me know that I do not need any more stones.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Such a pretty colour VL - well done. I admire your nerves of steel :bigsmile:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Very nice, VL. I've drooled over the tsavorite, but want a larger one, sigh.

I did buy this yesterday from Steve Wallner at Westview Gems. Hoping it arrives this week, please please. Afghan tourmaline, 6.4 x 5.6, 1.47 cts.

Been waiting for sales this time of year too! Hope there's more to come.

-- Laurie

_12178.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1385361449|3562395 said:
Beautiful stone, VL. But I'm wondering - did he send out an email? I didn't get one :(sad I take that as Fate's way of letting me know that I do not need any more stones.

I received the automatic email over this past weekend.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
That is absolutely GORGEOUS. Wouldn't be able to take my eyes off it if it were mine.

--- Laurie

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
JF I totally love that tourmaline!
I noticed that Steve Wallner's site has a section of "Odds and Ends" with a few lapidary outtakes marked seriously low.

Niel, that cyber monday sale at leibish is DANGEROUS. I will have to pretend that I don't know about it.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid|1385392957|3562519 said:
JF I totally love that tourmaline!
I noticed that Steve Wallner's site has a section of "Odds and Ends" with a few lapidary outtakes marked seriously low.

Niel, that cyber monday sale at leibish is DANGEROUS. I will have to pretend that I don't know about it.

:lol: hopefully Kenny doesn't. :lol:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh so you're the one. I fell in love last night, went to buy it this morning and it was sold ;(

Congrats, it's beautiful!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Elliott, if you mean me, I fell in love with that too. Will post photos when it arrives -- hope it's as nice as it looks. Steve says "you'll LOVE it."

--- Laurie

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1385402737|3562593 said:
Elliott, if you mean me, I fell in love with that too. Will post photos when it arrives -- hope it's as nice as it looks. Steve says "you'll LOVE it."

--- Laurie

Oops I meant VapidLapid's Finewater score. However you got one heck of a stone as well, so color me envious of you too!

fel

Shiny_Rock
Well if we are allowed to put on this list things we WOULD get, rather than things we did get, I would get this one on sale at Leibish (not sure how much, but I am sure it is out of my meager price range, even with 30% off)

screen_shot_2013-11-25_at_2.png

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Elliot. I'm sure it is as close to a padparadscha as I will ever get. I will call it my iPadparadscha, or iPad for short! I've never been disappointed in a stone from Gary.

Any other sales out there we should (or shouldn't) know about?

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!

I've had my eye on Gary's yellow zircons for awhile and always convinced myself that
1)I didn't like yellow, and
2) if I did, these were sure to have brown modifiers....

Well I'm a sucker for a sale, turns out. This should be in my hands by the end of the week.

gary_zircon_11.png

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Bling bling bling, Ricochet Bunny! Sad, but only old people will get that.

I think your new zircon is going to be blazing and sparkly, sure to be mistaken for a FIY diamond.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I looked at that over quite some time, couldn't decide to pull the trigger & knew I'd regret that! Let us know how it looks -- bet it's a stunner.

--- Laurie

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Go, girl! It's a nice emerald, good color, good size for a pendant -- and for that price, it's meant to be! :love:

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
It appears to have (rather strongly) that prized blue tone. and 40% off! when it was already well priced. Put a halo on it and clip it to a string of pearls and you're a million dollars.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
blingbunny10|1385419914|3562804 said:
Beautiful!

I've had my eye on Gary's yellow zircons for awhile and always convinced myself that
1)I didn't like yellow, and
2) if I did, these were sure to have brown modifiers....

Well I'm a sucker for a sale, turns out. This should be in my hands by the end of the week.

I bet this stone will knock your socks off! I have a yellow zircon I bought from BB years ago on a whim and it is definitely a stone I will never part with and rivals a yellow diamond for sparks and fire. I can't wait to see yours!

chatbandit

Shiny_Rock
VapidLapid said:
It appears to have (rather strongly) that prized blue tone. and 40% off! when it was already well priced. Put a halo on it and clip it to a string of pearls and you're a million dollars.

Wondered about that blue tone! It's got a sort of cloudy quality. I doubt that's a good thing but for the size and shape I just am not sure I can resist!! I have 9 or 10 months so perhaps I should be less impulsive but I can't find any comparable anythings even close to that price range.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
You need to see the emerald for the tone -- can't tell much of anything on a monitor. It does have a fair amount of jardin, but everything else looks good -- nicely cut, good size & I think the color will be okay. Maybe if you at least get it to see it IRL? You don't have to keep it if you don't like it. For that price, it's worth doing!

--- Laurie

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
chatbandit|1385510483|3563479 said:
oh my gosh, this colombian emerald pear is killing me. MIGHT have to get it for a pendant? it's my wedding color? http://www.finewatergems.com/emerald.html

Worth checking out since he said that it looks cleaner in person. Let us know how it looks like in person if you are the one who bought it. It is marked as "sold" on the website.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1385557027|3563805 said:
chatbandit|1385510483|3563479 said:
oh my gosh, this colombian emerald pear is killing me. MIGHT have to get it for a pendant? it's my wedding color? http://www.finewatergems.com/emerald.html

Worth checking out since he said that it looks cleaner in person. Let us know how it looks like in person if you are the one who bought it. It is marked as "sold" on the website.

I noticed that too and wondered if that happened as a result of this discussion or whether a sale was already underway.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
It is not marked sold, the one above it is. The pear is still available.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I missed the part about the pear shape so yes, it is indeed still available!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Finewater has extended its sale to include the new items he had added last week.

My spinel came today and it is actually nicer that I expected!

Are any other sales you know of to share?

finespin.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that's a lovely color.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results