shape
carat
color
clarity

ON SALE : who is having one and what did you get?

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
You may need to invest in some SPF50!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have my own confession to make. This arrived last week right after Thanksgiving day. It's not the trade preferred colour but I couldn't resist.

impulse_buy.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
=) Such a happy color =)

is it a demantoid, minty tsav, or perhaps a tourmaline like JF's?

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Nice, chrono.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys! A lime-y bright Russian demantoid, complete with horsetails that are loupe visible only. Holds its colour extremely well too so it is a keeper.

Xrisus

Shiny_Rock
Is that the 4mm demantoid from Litnon? It looked like it would have spectacular brilliance, and a great polish on it!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono: good catch! Keep your eyes peeled for a match from him and you can have some awesome earrings to rival your sphenes. :tongue:

GregS

Brilliant_Rock
I love that Demantoid! :appl:

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Nice demantoid!! Is it from Litnon? They've had a few recently! I almost bought one, but I have so many setting projects going on that I'm trying to hold off on buying new stones.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Yummmmmmy, Chrono! Good catch.

--- Laurie

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
OMG it's like potato chips, I can't stop!

These weren't even on sale but they were new and not costly at all. And I really am putting together a collection of included quartz for a necklace, really I am. Plus it had just been so long since I was able to get anything from Barry.

catquartz.jpg

catsquartz.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid|1386121822|3567046 said:
OMG it's like potato chips, I can't stop!

These weren't even on sale but they were new and not costly at all. And I really am putting together a collection of included quartz for a necklace, really I am. Plus it had just been so long since I was able to get anything from Barry.

'Tis the Season to be Jolly, right? :praise:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone. Yes, it is a 4 mm demantoid from Litnon. I might get another one or two but unmatched in colour to go with my multi-colour FCD ring.

VL,
Cool cabs!

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
heh, I think that's the demantoid I sent to my fiance as an "i want" for christmas. Oh well, now I just have to find another one! heh.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
deskjockey|1386171028|3567353 said:
heh, I think that's the demantoid I sent to my fiance as an "i want" for christmas. Oh well, now I just have to find another one! heh.

I'm so sorry. :blackeye: There are at least three 4 mm demantoids on Litnon so I hope you'll find something else comparable.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1386172189|3567361 said:
deskjockey|1386171028|3567353 said:

I'm so sorry. :blackeye: There are at least three 4 mm demantoids on Litnon so I hope you'll find something else comparable.

He does seem to have them often in this size and color, fwiw. :praise:

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Love the demantoid!! I've got my eye on a few too, but doubt I'll be buying anything else too soon. I hope he keeps them coming!

4_cs

Shiny_Rock
So many pretty stones. Love them all.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Lol - I was also eyeing that demantoid at Litnon, and wondering if a PSer bought it. They do seem to have the nicest little demantoids.

I've picked up a couple of gems too, a spinel and a demantoid (not as nice as Chrono's in color, but a goodish size). I've been stalking the sales and finally chose out a couple of gems...just waiting on them to arrive. I love all the gem sales this time of year, so much fun.

iLander

Ideal_Rock

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I give up on Africa Gems site. Couldn't get the discount code to work in 3 tries. I also don't like that you don't get to see a photo of the actual stone in many cases. They have, say, a pic of a round blue sapphire, then you click on what size you want -- if there are more than one available -- & it tells you how much it costs, but what does that particular stone look like, for pete's sake? I give it a miss.

--- Laurie

PS iLander, maybe you should write Santa about that ruby!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JF,
Are the sapphires you are considering matched pairs? If so, I think vendors typically don't post pictures of small sized to melee sized coloured gemstones. The only quality gauge is their store A, AA and AAA type of ratings. If you are looking for something else or larger round sapphires, then I have no explanation to offer. :cheeky:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Chrono, I used sapphires just as an example. I'm not looking for one (unless I luck onto a yellow one w/no brown or orange :nono: ). I am looking for the nicest tsav or mint garnet of the right size I can find & it's a long search. Haven't seen either yet -- that somebody didn't beat me to, anyway.

AG has nice stones but you often can't see the individual one you order, so I don't bother. It's too bad, when others that carry a lot of them manage.

--- Laurie

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JF,
I understand what you mean now. Yes, beautiful tsavorite and mint garnets aren't going to be just laying around. You'll either have to be super quick during drops or have a vendor seek one out specifically for you.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
You ain't kidding, Chrono! I'm waiting till closer to Tucson & will ask somebody to be on the lookout for me. No matter how fast I click when a good one appears, somebody is always faster -- even happened when I was on the website when a new drop came up; I still lost a stone! The competition is cutthroat these days. :-o

--- Laurie

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I too am disappointed with my efforts to like AG. I recall Arcadian had great luck with them, but I never see anything appealing in their individual stones. What really gets my goat it the "video" you get with the stones. I fall for it every time. Expecting a 360 video of the stone all I get is a sales pitch that incorporates differently scaled copies of the same picture of the stone in the listing. That drives me crazy.

JF I dont know what you are looking for in a mint. will post a link shortly to a pair of mints, light but not $$$.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I forgot to mention that "video," VL. I bit a couple of times at first, then grumpily gave up expecting more.

I'd love to see the mint pair!

--- Laurie

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jeff White had a mint in his Gem Scoop...did you see it Jewel Freak?

txgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
I got a sterling silver puzzle ring (but it doesn't have any colored gemstones). I also got an ametrine gem from multicolour. They both were birthday presents.

It took my husband hours to put the puzzle ring back together. I have no idea how to do it. Anyone else have one?

I will try to post pictures later.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results