shape
carat
color
clarity

ON SALE : who is having one and what did you get?

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
JF, if you decide to go for the multicolour pair the code is
FABGEM1213
10% off and free shipping

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Freke, I wrote Jeff 5 minutes after the Gem Scoop came out -- the garnet was already gone. Honestly, I don't know how to go faster; I've lost a few I would've loved to have by fractions of a second. I haunt about 5 vendor websites, checking several times/day to catch a drop immediately. Anyway, Jeff mentioned that came from a parcel he bought so I asked if he could cut one for me, no answer yet.

VL, those are very nice! A little smaller than I'm looking for & I'd like a single one for a ring, but they look like color & saturation is good. Price very good! Thanks.

--- Laurie

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JF,
I'm never lucky enough to win one of the drops either and have given up completely on them. I hope JW will cut you a mean garnet.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
txgreeneyes|1386810571|3572374 said:
I got a sterling silver puzzle ring (but it doesn't have any colored gemstones). I also got an ametrine gem from multicolour. They both were birthday presents. It took my husband hours to put the puzzle ring back together. I have no idea how to do it. Anyone else have one? I will try to post pictures later.

Pictures of both the puzzle ring and ametrine, please.

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono|1386172189|3567361 said:
deskjockey|1386171028|3567353 said:
heh, I think that's the demantoid I sent to my fiance as an "i want" for christmas. Oh well, now I just have to find another one! heh.

I'm so sorry. :blackeye: There are at least three 4 mm demantoids on Litnon so I hope you'll find something else comparable.

Sure did and it's on its way! :mrgreen: Fiance thinks I'm insane and doesn't get it at all, but it made xmas shopping so easy! He wants ammo for christmas, which I don't get either. hehe.

That's it, no more sparklies till after the wedding. hehe.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah! Congrats on getting a demantoid for Christmas.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pictures when it arrives, please. Uh, that is, not the ammo but the demantoid. :bigsmile:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1386855247|3572737 said:
JF,
I'm never lucky enough to win one of the drops either and have given up completely on them. I hope JW will cut you a mean garnet.
TGT always has something I want so badly. I email him within 5 minutes or less each time. Never win.

I have no other way of contact either I can't find a telephone number.

I really wanted that Chryso

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I'm sure it is no consolation but we all wanted that chryso. I am still LIVID over a cobalt spinel princess that I lost out on. I had stalked the site for hours, refreshing every 20 seconds, while in another window I had the email written and ready to go, just needed to fill in the name of the stone! So I know how you feel. But then remember, we can't buy EVERY stone we fancy. A loss in one place is an opportunity in another, or so I keep telling myself. Still if anyone out there has the princess cut cobalt that should have been mine please let me know so we can work out some sort of re-balancing of the universe.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
My sympathies, VL. I've been in the same boat with TGT. Bloody impossible to move fast enough.

Turns out the grossular garnet on Jeff's drop was available, so I bought it. It's a little smaller than I was looking for, and I hope not too yellow, but will see. Nicely cut as always. Jeff says it sparkles from across the room -- he made a ring from the same parcel for his wife for Christmas. I always envy women whose husbands are in gems -- a while ago I saw that the widow of one of the great jewelers (to my disgust I can't remember who) sold some of her collection & it was drool-worthy. Not fair, said I!

5.71 x 6.85, 1.31 cts

grossular_garnet__5.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've only "won" a TGT drop once. I also pined after but "lost" the pair of rubies that VL was fortunate enough to "win" for his sister. JF, I hope the JW garnet is everything you've been dreaming of.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I know what you mean, Chrono. I'm still pining for a 4 1/2 ct blue-green tourm from Gene that I must have missed by seconds in October. It grabbed me bad & still hurts, almost the tourm of my dreams. I guess it makes us appreciate more the stones we do find; at least I tell that to myself. Thanks on the Jeff garnet -- will post pics. I'm going to sell a beautiful green tourm cushion I bought a few yrs ago from Ed Bristol -- too small for what I want to do, but such a nice stone I couldn't manage to part with it till now.

--- Laurie

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am such a sucker for grossular garnets - no matter where in Africa they're from - and it looks like yours is a beauty, Laurie! Not sure how I missed that one on his drop. But for sure knowing his cut and polish that that will be one of the nicest stones in your collection. Gah, his stones are beautiful. Well done. :appl:

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Sorry about that Chrono. A few months later he had another pair of rubies that I thought would match and I tried for them, but wasn't fast enough. However, he had another pair not in the drop and he offered me those so of course I said yes! It pays off sometimes to ask if he has any more of something.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No apologies needed, VL. All is fair and square in our gem hunts. I am sure we aren't the only ones who've gotten lucky/unlucky.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1386810798|3572380 said:
Freke, I wrote Jeff 5 minutes after the Gem Scoop came out -- the garnet was already gone. Honestly, I don't know how to go faster; I've lost a few I would've loved to have by fractions of a second. I haunt about 5 vendor websites, checking several times/day to catch a drop immediately. Anyway, Jeff mentioned that came from a parcel he bought so I asked if he could cut one for me, no answer yet.

VL, those are very nice! A little smaller than I'm looking for & I'd like a single one for a ring, but they look like color & saturation is good. Price very good! Thanks.

--- Laurie

I hate that. About a moth ago I emailed The Gem Trader about a stone exactly 6 minutes after the email had appeared in my inbox. I was put on a wait list. I don't know behind how any people, but it just goes to show how fast these things can go.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wanted JW's zircon, but I managed to be 2nd in line. These things happen, eh?

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Yup. You think you're fast but there is often someone faster :)

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux said:
I am such a sucker for grossular garnets - no matter where in Africa they're from - and it looks like yours is a beauty, Laurie! Not sure how I missed that one on his drop. But for sure knowing his cut and polish that that will be one of the nicest stones in your collection. Gah, his stones are beautiful. Well done. :appl:

I'm looking forward to seeing it, Minou. He says it's a knockout. I really wanted the blue-green tourm badly but was too late. Still thinking of asking him to cut me one, since he has more rough. DH will blow his stack -- but for something like that, I'm willing to do it & take the blast of hot Dutch air. :twisted: Think I'll see how I like the garnet first. I am delighted to get a JW stone, haven't bought from him before & always loved his work.

--- Laurie

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I just can't stop it!

.99 untreated

mineisa99.png

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous color & saturation, but is that a window? Would probably close on setting, it's small.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
JF it is a window, and I have mixed feelings about it. on the one hand I am "justifying "it as being a nod to old style open culets. Also the depth of the stone is 72% so if I need to I think I can have that tweeked away. but I really like the tone and color and the silk threads don't bother me either, and .99 ct of that for $109. with free shipping is just too good to pass up.
I confess another ccgarnet is coming with it! .77ct 4.7 x 6.7 mm

now what about that grossular you promised us??????

_255.png

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
OK, pics coming, VL! Can't argue with your reasoning on the blue pear -- it does have beautiful color & saturation -- yow, for that price? I'll trade you pics of the grossular (it's nice, but I actually am in LOVE with the little asscher mint tourm I got from Steve Wallner) for yours of the CC garnet when you get it. Looks like a winner!

--- Laurie

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The window on that pear is so tiny and I doubt anyone would notice with that colouration. What a great buy, VL!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VL: you are just picking them off one by one, aren't you? Looking forward to seeing your photos and hearing your review of them all but particularly the last one.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
VapidLapid|1387996199|3580379 said:
I just can't stop it!

.99 untreated

Gorgeous! I love it. Cant wait to see hand shots.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1388200498|3581636 said:
VL: you are just picking them off one by one, aren't you? Looking forward to seeing your photos and hearing your review of them all but particularly the last one.

Two by two, really. All things from my wish list, but it keeps me distracted a little, and gives me something to look forward to.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid|1388203071|3581669 said:
minousbijoux|1388200498|3581636 said:

Two by two, really. All things from my wish list, but it keeps me distracted a little, and gives me something to look forward to.

Why yes, yes, you are right. And I have been totally remiss in not reaching out sooner - though you know my excuse. I will be back in touch tomorrow though. In the meantime, good for you! two by two, even better!! :appl:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sally of Heart of Water is having a 25% off sale on all ready to ship items until Dec 31 (today!). I bought a pair of earrings and a couple of rings that I had been eyeing for the loooongest time. (Sooo terrible for my wallet, I hadn't planned on buying any more jewelry this year but I can never resist a good sale!) =)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results