shape
carat
color
clarity

OMG! My Green Lake custom CAD is here!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tigerhearted

Shiny_Rock
Omg omg! It's so beautiful! I might be biased, but I think they are the prettiest rings on their site.
2.gif

This will be my wedding set.
6.gif
The e-ring will be the new home for my OEC, and it will be in 18kt yellow gold.
18.gif
I know it's out of vogue now and most people aren't a fan, but I love yellow gold! It looks better with my skin-tone, when I think of wedding bands I always think of yellow gold, and the OEC was originally set in yellow gold and it looked fabulous (it's a J color stone). I love the contrast of yellow gold against sparkly white diamonds.
5.gif

I think I'm going to ask them to scale down the size of the flowers on either side of the OEC (right now it seems like they kind of compete for attention), and see if they can make the flowers lay down flat like the leaves do. (the flowers are morning glories, my birthflower :)

On either side of the wedding band, there will be an aqua sapphire, and a green amethyst, our birthstones (we just aren't fans of the standard colors of our birthstones lol). The stones on the e-ring are white diamonds, as are the 3 center diamonds on the wedding band (coincidentally, the birthstone of April, the month we're getting married).

I'm thinking of asking them to add milgrain to the side stones, but we can't decide. John likes them as-is, and I like them as-is too, but think some milgrain to tie into the bezel might be nice.

Also thinking of having the leaves done in a satin finish, what do you think? If so, should we give the flowers a satin finish too, or keep them polished?

So excited!! I wish I could sit here and stare at them all afternoon.
9.gif

rendering214320462010.jpg

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Very interesting design. I can''t wait to see pictures of it in real life.

tigerhearted

Shiny_Rock
The final design sketch

sketch(3)15793242010sized.jpg

karpouzi

Shiny_Rock
It''s going to be amazing! It looks like there''s a lot going on, but somehow the design still looks delicate, especially from the side.

I would leave off the milgrain and keep all the metal in a polished finish. Just to avoid cluttering the design, because you already have so many pretty details in there!

(I''m a yellow gold fan, too.)

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Wow!! Is that gorgeous! They do amazing things. I can''t wait to see the finished product. Truly, one of a kind!!

tigerhearted

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/6/2010 3:35:01 PM
Author: karpouzi
It''s going to be amazing! It looks like there''s a lot going on, but somehow the design still looks delicate, especially from the side.

I would leave off the milgrain and keep all the metal in a polished finish. Just to avoid cluttering the design, because you already have so many pretty details in there!

(I''m a yellow gold fan, too.)

Yay another yellow gold fan. :D

Yes I love little details and intricate floral designs, it''s why I''ve been such a pain to shop for haha. >.>

Good point on the satin finish. She says they will take a photo when it''s all done, and I can decide on the finish from there.

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
I so can''t wait to see this set in real life. It''s so unique and I think the yellow gold will just set it all off. I can''t wait to see your pictures once you get it.

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
I like yellow gold too - all of my "old" rings are yellow gold and I wear them regularly. I actually prefer warmer white gold (Green Lake has a warm white I like!). True yellow gold brings out the yellow a bit too much in my skin (despite the fact I am transparent...) however I always think it is classic anyway.

So, yay for the yellow!

Very unique design. A lot going on, as someone pointed out, but very organic (which Green Lake is great at doing!) and definitely not something else anyone else will have! I really debated going with them for a while for my own ring design (I only decided not to as I lean towards smoother more "band" like styles for daily wear - boring, I know!)

Is John going to have some sort of matching band to mimic the design in some way?

tigerhearted

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/6/2010 3:37:51 PM
Author: Upgradable
Wow!! Is that gorgeous! They do amazing things. I can't wait to see the finished product. Truly, one of a kind!!

Me too!! It should be done in 2 weeks, our wedding is in 2.5 weeks aaaahhh lol.
26.gif
I'm so picky it will have taken 8 weeks for the process, instead of the usual 4-6.
9.gif
Kristin has the patience of a saint! I wish I'd been on pricescope longer, it's where I heard about Green Lake, and we started working with them as soon as we saw their website! Some extra time would make this less nerve-wracking lol. Totally worth it though!

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Those are the most unique rings I''ve seen on PS (and maybe in general). Gorgeous! I can''t wait to see them when they''re completed.

tigerhearted

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/6/2010 3:53:52 PM
Author: RaiKai
I like yellow gold too - all of my 'old' rings are yellow gold and I wear them regularly. I even prefer warmer white gold (Green Lake has a warm white I like!). It brings out the yellow a bit too much in my skin (despite the fact I am transparent...) however I always think it is classic.

So, yay for the yellow!

Very unique design. A lot going on, as someone pointed out, but very organic (which Green Lake is great at doing!) and definitely not something else anyone else will have! I really debated going with them for a while for my own ring design (I only decided not to as I lean towards smoother more 'band' like styles for daily wear - boring, I know!)

Is John going to have some sort of matching band to mimic the design in some way?

Yay for yellow fans! :D Classic smooth bands are amazing and romantic though, it was a big toss-up between going with this twirly-whirly style and a more classic simple style. I could have gone either way and been very happy, John felt that the twirly-whirly organic style was more "me" though.
1.gif

John won't have one like mine, he wants a classic gold comfort band, but we're customizing it in ways that aren't in-your-face and obvious. We're adding a small engraving of an oak tree on the outside (which he'll wear facing his palm), and the gems and a white diamond set flush into the inside of the band.

ETA: Just found out that they are going to do another CAD later this afternoon, this time in the metal color, and they will scale down the flowers too. She also clarified that the flowers will not sit up separate like they appear to in the CAD, they will be more of a bas-relief. :3 I kinda wish that I didn't have to go to my dress fitting now. XD I have to wait until 7:30 to see the new CAD!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It will look great. Am I imaginig correct, all the metal including the flowers will be yellow gold?

I think I would scale down the side flowers a fair bit, maybe to the same size as the flowers on the wb. I like smaller "side stones" and the flowers sort of take that role, like a three stone ring.

tigerhearted

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/6/2010 4:19:56 PM
Author: dreamer_d
It will look great. Am I imaginig correct, all the metal including the flowers will be yellow gold?

I think I would scale down the side flowers a fair bit, maybe to the same size as the flowers on the wb. I like smaller 'side stones' and the flowers sort of take that role, like a three stone ring.

Yup everything will be yellow gold, though it would also look good two-toned I imagine.
6.gif
Now I'm imagining it 3-toned...18k rose gold flowers, white gold vines, and yellow gold leaves maybe, wow. Not my personal style but something like that could look fabulous.

We're starting off scaling the flowers down half-way between their current size and the size of the wb flowers. From there we can scale down smaller if we want to. :D AAA+++++ customer service, I tell you.

I have to stop staring at them now and get ready for my dress-fitting. /sadface

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/6/2010 4:26:23 PM
Author: tigerhearted
Date: 4/6/2010 4:19:56 PM

Author: dreamer_d

I think I would scale down the side flowers a fair bit, maybe to the same size as the flowers on the wb. I like smaller ''side stones'' and the flowers sort of take that role, like a three stone ring.

Yup everything will be yellow gold, though it would also look good two-toned I imagine.
6.gif
Now I''m imagining it 3-toned...18k rose gold flowers, white gold vines, and yellow gold leaves maybe, wow. Not my personal style but something like that could look fabulous.

We''re starting off scaling the flowers down half-way between their current size and the size of the wb flowers. From there we can scale down smaller if we want to. :D AAA+++++ customer service, I tell you.

I have to stop staring at them now and get ready for my dress-fitting. /sadface

Ha, when I first saw it I thought green gold would be lovely for the leaves (since it is a delicate yellowish-green rather than GREEN GREEN).

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
REALLY cool, special, unique rings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Wow very unique. I like how you put so much thought and meaning into it.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!
30.gif

Especially since you''re going to shrink the flowers on your ering. I think it will look much better that way. CAN''T WAIT!!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see it! It looks like such an intricate design.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
very interesting design - a lot of detail, but still very fluid - I like the idea of making the flowers a bit smaller (I also thought they competed a bit for attention with the diamond) - I will check back later this evening and hope you are able to post your new CADs! :)

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, how pretty!

tigerhearted

Shiny_Rock
Aw man, I rushed home and the new CAD isn''t done yet, sniffsniff.

And thank you everyone! We owe most of the unique-ness to John, the design concept was all him. :) I''ve just been tweaking the little details.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful and delicate and gorgeous! I can''t wait to see it in person on your hand. It is truly stunning. I love to see beautiful new designs, and yours is a perfect example. I love the vines and the delicate

flowers and all the proportions look perfect. Can''t wait to see it!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
can''t wait to see it in person!!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
WOW! I can''t wait to see the actual ring - it looks amazing and unique and just so beautiful!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow.... I love the organic feel of the project... Very fluid too.
I can''t wait to see the finished piece.

I had to look cause I also have a ring in its final CADs, so I share the excitement with you! :)

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2010 9:28:37 PM
Author: tigerhearted
Aw man, I rushed home and the new CAD isn''t done yet, sniffsniff..

aww.. booo!
I will check in again tomorrow.. fingers crossed !:)

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
I couldn''t keep this off my mind and I read your details carefully. No two tone!? awww. I thought the flowers were going to be rose gold! But then, that might be too busy for your rings since your side stones have color.
Here is a suggestion. What if you kept your rings polished, but give the flowers the brushed finish? That might give it contrast without too many clashing colors.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t wait for to see the final product! It looks amazing so far
36.gif

legra

Brilliant_Rock
It looks amazing! Can''t wait to see the final product.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results