shape
carat
color
clarity

OMG! My Green Lake custom CAD is here!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tigerhearted

Shiny_Rock
The new CAD is here!! So yummy, I could eat it up.

I''m thinking of scaling down the side flowers some more, what do you think?

Renderings105715472010.jpg

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
They''re absolutely STUPENDOUS! Breathtaking!

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/7/2010 3:29:58 PM
Author: tigerhearted
The new CAD is here!! So yummy, I could eat it up.

I'm thinking of scaling down the side flowers some more, what do you think?

Wow! Looks awesome. I like the earlier suggestion of having the flowers with a brushed finish, to set them apart slightly but not overwhelmingly so!

I would scale them down a bit if it were for me...slightly smaller, but not as small as the ones on the wedding band. I think it is nice to keep the fancier "three stone" look to the e-ring with larger flowers, and have the wedding band to be a more laid-back version with smaller versions (but same style) - if that makes an iota of sense.

Depends what look you are going for though! Right now, it does very much have a three-stone look from the top, whereas with smaller flowers they might be seen more as accents to a "solitaire".

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
*sigh~~love~~*
LOVE IT!

I still stand by my opinion to give the flowers the brushed finish. In fact, I think the top leaves on the wedding band should have the brushed finish as well.
I would scale the ering''s flowers to the same size as the wedding band''s flowers. Right now they look like round 3 stones, which I don''t like. This might require scaling down the leaves for the ering as well though. Completely my personal opinion though.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
whimsical is the perfect word SanDiegoLady!

I agree with making the side flowers on the ering a bit smaller, and possibly changing those and the leaves on the wband to a brushed finish..

gemgaga

Rough_Rock
Love, love, love!! Wish I had such a design ability!

I too would scale down the ering flowers slightly and satin finish them. I think the contrast would be fantastic, and I love satin finish. Dewy and soft like real flower petals.

Curious, are you at all concerned about the flower petals catching or scratching ? I think I would be concerned about this.

tigerhearted

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/7/2010 8:01:21 PM
Author: gemgaga
Love, love, love!! Wish I had such a design ability!

I too would scale down the ering flowers slightly and satin finish them. I think the contrast would be fantastic, and I love satin finish. Dewy and soft like real flower petals.

Curious, are you at all concerned about the flower petals catching or scratching ? I think I would be concerned about this.

The artists at Green Lake are amazing! I''ll have to post some of the original concepts, before we found chips on the diamond and decided to go with a bezel. John told them the kind of look he had in mind and they came up with some great designs. I''ve only tweaked and requested little details to make it suit me and my preferences and lifestyle more.

Yup not having the flowers catch on anything is a huge concern for me. I want a low-profile no-fuss ring. They assure me that the way it is in the CAD is a limitation of CAD, and that when it''s cast in wax the flowers will be flush and won''t have anything that will snag or catch. She has shown me pics of some of their previous work that she says it will come out looking like. Soooo we will see! We can change it at the wax stage if need be...of course if we do that we''ll have to pay for a rush job just because of our timeline. Eek!

I love brush/satin finishes so I''d like to add it if it will work. We''ll have to see how it looks when it''s almost finished and decide what will look best then!

tigerhearted

Shiny_Rock
SanDiegoLady, your user pic reminds me so much of someone, but I can''t think who!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those rings are truly works of art.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

What a lucky girl to own such stunning and unique pieces!! Congratulations!!!
36.gif

stci

Ideal_Rock
OMG! Amazing! Soo feminine! Fantastic and unique!
36.gif

lweber

Shiny_Rock
Very unusual design - lovely. Can''t wait to see when you get it.

tigerhearted

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/7/2010 9:11:47 PM
Author: DandiAndi
Those rings are truly works of art.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

What a lucky girl to own such stunning and unique pieces!! Congratulations!!!
36.gif

I really am marrying the best guy in the world, if I say so myself. ;-) He is so amazing to do this for me.

Here is an updated CAD with the flowers scaled down more. We also had them put the side diamonds in a more viney and organic setting, since we decided not to add milgrain to those bezels.

I ALMOST want to have them scale the flowers down some more...will have to sleep on it and look at it in the morning with fresh eyes!

john2202257472010sized.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow that is amazing! And such yummy yellow gold! Congratulations!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

karpouzi

Shiny_Rock
SO SO SO beautiful! I love them. I think the flowers on the engagement ring are fine as is, but would also be fine scaled down--you can''t go wrong!

marym

Shiny_Rock
What a unique and beautiful set! I love the floral theme.. I wonder what it would look like with some little gemstones set into those morning glories...Maybe that would be too much- But I love how it''s looking so far! Can''t wait to see the finished rings on your hand!!

tigerhearted

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/8/2010 10:52:46 AM
Author: marym

What a unique and beautiful set! I love the floral theme.. I wonder what it would look like with some little gemstones set into those morning glories...Maybe that would be too much- But I love how it''s looking so far! Can''t wait to see the finished rings on your hand!!

We thought about having diamonds in the flowers, but it seemed like it would be a bit too much...especially since the OEC really speaks for itself!

Me neither!! I''m dying to have these rings on my finger. XD I guess it''s a good thing we won''t have them until just before the wedding...John would have to keep the wedding band under lock and key to make sure I wouldn''t wear it hahaha.

We decided to go with the proportions of the latest CAD, and should have wax photos by Tuesday!
30.gif

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/8/2010 1:55:55 PM
Author: tigerhearted
Date: 4/8/2010 10:52:46 AM

Author: marym

We thought about having diamonds in the flowers, but it seemed like it would be a bit too much...especially since the OEC really speaks for itself!

Me neither!! I''m dying to have these rings on my finger. XD I guess it''s a good thing we won''t have them until just before the wedding...John would have to keep the wedding band under lock and key to make sure I wouldn''t wear it hahaha.

We decided to go with the proportions of the latest CAD, and should have wax photos by Tuesday!
30.gif

I am glad you went with these proportions (and like the vine work around the birthstones). I really like them - definitely what I had in mind for the smaller flowers! And, I am sure it will even seem daintier once in wax and when completed too.

I am very excited to see them!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love this new version much more than the first!

If it were me
4.gif
I would scale down the side flowers even more. I think the more delicate the band is the more the diamond will be highlighted, but also the more subtle the whole thing will look.

But this version would be gorgeous too, I think it just depends on the overall look you want -- the diamond blending in to the whole ring, or standing out more.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!! I can''t wait to see pictures of the real deal!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
WOW... that is going to be an amazing set... I can't wait to see the final rings!

ETA --- I second Choro's suggestion of scaling down the Ering's flowers to the size of the wb flowers... I think that would allow your center stone to stand out more.

soon2be_mrs.green

Rough_Rock
Wow. Those are some of the most unique designs I have ever seen. I really like them! I am happy for you. When will you get to have them on your finger?!? Thats what I am waiting for at the moment, my ring just got finished yesterday, but i cant get it til next week
7.gif
. I cant wait til you post real pictures of them!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Those are both soooo beautiful and unique! Congrats!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
tiger hearted, I love the new version it''s really nice to see this design in the gold. It''s going to be extremely original and beautiful!

I know you are not keen on diamonds inside the flowers and I agree with you on the reason - but may I suggest a small gold "ball" or circle at the centre - just like a real flower would have?
Personally, I am thinking about the potential for cleaning issues down in the centres, if you kwim?
I hope you don''t mind the suggestion..

I also agree the flowers on the ering *could* go a tad bit smaller, but it does depend on the look you are after. Either will work very nicely
5.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is such a beautiful design!!

AJ makes a fantastic point about cleaning, and I second the idea of scaling the flowers down just a little more, so that the Ering and WB look to have approximately the same width?

tigerhearted

Shiny_Rock
AJ that''s a great suggestion! The waxes actually came in on Friday and the flowers did turn out very deep. The potential for gunk and nastiness getting in there was a big concern for me, so they are filling in the centers some more. If the centers are still too deep, I''ll bring up your suggestion! They''re also modifying the line of one of the vines, there was some negative space as a result of scaling the flowers down, that was bugging me.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
You''re going to have yourself quite an amazing set when it''s all said and done! I''m really looking forward to seeing it!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
This may be the most beautiful set I have ever seen on pricescope. You balance the detail so well and English simply does not have the words to express how amazing I think it is
Bellisima

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
I am so looking forward to seeing the progress on this set... it is going to be stunning!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results