shape
carat
color
clarity

OMG it’s my OMC!!!! A 6.2 carat dream!

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, oh, well at least your decision was easily made! I stand by what I said though - this is perfect, that setting is wonderful for this stone, and it's a real bonus that it doesn't spin, too. Not sure I can see you getting her a new dress!

You’re right, the setting really is even better than I thought!!

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
That is incredible. What a gorgeous unicorn of a stone. No way I'd ever guess it was N.

And the setting is sublime. I love the top and bottom prongs with the sides open.

Thank you!! Yes the top and bottom prongs are just perfect - they really help enhance the slight elongated shape of the stone!

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
Busy for a few days and come back to this eye candy - wowza! This is stunning - I adore the blocky rainbow color that is reflected in your outdoor photos. UGH - the best! I LOOOOOVVVVVEEEE the color of this diamond so much. The setting is perfection - I think you made a great choice - she is the star of the show. Congratulations! :clap::clap::clap:

Thank you!!! I was nervous about the color but I love the personality of this stone!

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! :love: What a fabulous ring! A special and rare diamond in the perfect setting, congratulations!

That’s so nice, thank you!! I’m so glad to have found such a unique diamond with so much history!

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
Not only is it a Boulder but I really love how you oriented the prongs! Split shank was a great decision.

Thank you!! I was hoping the prong placement would help elongate the stone and it totally did!

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
I hope I’m not thread jacking but did you fall out of love with your oec recut from single stone? (:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you!!! I was nervous about the color but I love the personality of this stone!

It’s Amazbling. It’s super dreamy. The faceting. The color. The shape. The size. I love everything about it! ❤️❤️❤️

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be still my heart ❤️ it’s absolute perfection!!

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
I hope I’m not thread jacking but did you fall out of love with your oec recut from single stone? (:

I loved that stone, but I wanted something this time around that had the finger coverage without the halo. =)2

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s so bright and is luscious with your skin tone. :kiss2:

joelly

Ideal_Rock
It’s amazing!!!!!! Wow what a perfect diamond and that setting is just perfect for that diamond. I can’t stop looking at it.

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Gorgeous. I love the big facets, the rainbow colours it gives off, and the beautiful setting you chose, which complements the diamond perfectly. =)2:kiss2:

asterismdispersion

Shiny_Rock
What a fantastic old mine cut and ring! Normally I would have thought a split shank would distract from the diamond, but not at all in this case, since it flows around the stone. I like the bit of detailing at the meeting point of the split shank and the way the gallery underside is positioned right around the profile of the diamond. It's a lot of details that line up just so and enhance the already impressive old mine cut star of the show. Splendid.

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
What a fantastic old mine cut and ring! Normally I would have thought a split shank would distract from the diamond, but not at all in this case, since it flows around the stone. I like the bit of detailing at the meeting point of the split shank and the way the gallery underside is positioned right around the profile of the diamond. It's a lot of details that line up just so and enhance the already impressive old mine cut star of the show. Splendid.

Thank you! Agree with all of your observations!!

mol42

Shiny_Rock
Wow. I’m dead.
that is one amazing stone and gorgeous ring!!!
(be careful when you’re driving! ;)2)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s gorgeous and huge. Congratulations.

idealw2boys

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous! So beautiful in so many ways! Lucky lady ! Wear in happiness !!

In real life under regular lighting or in just indoor lighting, do you see any warmth? Or any gray tones? If and when I get to look at stones in this range, I’m just curious about the color.... before you bought this, what was your warmest color stone?

Just curious, with a stone this size, did you work with them for a long time to source it?

Also, do you buy insurance coverage through an insurance company like Jewelers Mutual? Or do you go with a specialty boutique policy?

Thanks... Enjoy !!!

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! So beautiful in so many ways! Lucky lady ! Wear in happiness !!

In real life under regular lighting or in just indoor lighting, do you see any warmth? Or any gray tones? If and when I get to look at stones in this range, I’m just curious about the color.... before you bought this, what was your warmest color stone?

Just curious, with a stone this size, did you work with them for a long time to source it?

Also, do you buy insurance coverage through an insurance company like Jewelers Mutual? Or do you go with a specialty boutique policy?

Thanks... Enjoy !!!

Thank you for the kind words!! This stone was purchased from Jogani, and they specialize in rare and unique diamonds and gemstones. They often have very large antique stones in their inventory, so they’re an amazing source if that’s what you’re looking for! I saw them post this one on IG a few months back and jumped right on it.

As for the color, I never had a diamond lower than an H prior to purchasing this stone. It definitely made me nervous to go this warm, but I was shocked to see how white it looked in person. Antique stones tend to face up a couple shades whiter than their grade. I also think the key with this particular stone is that it’s just BRIGHT and the large chunky facets just reflect the surrounding environment.

In some lighting the diamond looks completely white - indoor daylight, outdoor shaded daylight, etc. When I’m outside near trees or flowers I get giant, chunky, colorful facets. In other lighting (like under my kitchen lights) you definitely see some warmth come out. It never looks bright yellow or anything - but it can definitely look warm. I never see any shades of gray.

As for insurance, I do use Jewelers Mutual. I’ve used them for years and the policies seem to be good. I would definitely recommend insurance for any jewelry you wouldn’t be able to replace if it were to be stolen, lost, etc!

Hope that helps! =)2

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. I’m dead.
that is one amazing stone and gorgeous ring!!!
(be careful when you’re driving! ;)2)

Thank you! My stone kind of reminds me of your 5ct!! How are you enjoying yours? How do you like your K color from a warmth perspective??

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
It’s amazing!!!!!! Wow what a perfect diamond and that setting is just perfect for that diamond. I can’t stop looking at it.

Thanks Joelly! And you worked with Jogani on your amazing ring too, right?

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
#BLING-OD! Thanks for sharing all your amazing photos and videos! Love your choices...that stone is awesome!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful and HUGE, how did I miss this. Love the simplicity of the setting, to let the stone SING!

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
#BLING-OD! Thanks for sharing all your amazing photos and videos! Love your choices...that stone is awesome!

Thank you!!! Yes it's a beauty for sure, I'm very lucky!

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful and HUGE, how did I miss this. Love the simplicity of the setting, to let the stone SING!

Thank you! I debated a few setting options, but I'm ultimately so glad that I went for the most simple. It's still interesting to me and lets the stone shine!!

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results