shape
carat
color
clarity

Old Cut Nuts... Have you switched from RB to Old Stone?

InnaR

Shiny_Rock
Without reading comments, I prefer the smaller stone. Based on the facets structure, it should have more of a on-off (c) effect the way Dreamer describes it. I call in a kaleidoskop effect. Something that makes you sit and stare at it for hours. :)

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
They're both lovely! I think I prefer the smaller "shy" one. That's really how I see it. The larger one is more outgoing & kind of a prom queen and the smaller one is bookish and maybe will go to Yale. So -- enjoy that bigger one! :naughty: :bigsmile:

justginger

Ideal_Rock
LOL, Deco. I love the prom queen versus Yale student comparison! :cheeky:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The seller of these stones ought to be very happy because they will all likely sell due to this thread! I like them all!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
I prefer the larger, cushiony shaped OEC. The smaller one looks like a later OEC, it has the more perfect, snowflake faceting. I like very early OECs, so I tend to lean towards OECs with a cushiony shape, high crown, small table and slightly imperfect faceting.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know, having 3 almost makes it harder to choose because they are all SUPER different. It's fun though, who am I kidding. :naughty:

I love how everyone has their own favorite.

I am horrible with video, funny since I love taking pics, so I will try my vid skills hopefully today...damn working making it hard to spend a lot of time with these beauties during the sunlight hours.

re: the other stones, I've already had a few people message me saying HEY I AM SHOPPING TOO so let me know what you don't choose, lol! I love it. PS round robin!

Here's a pic of the crowns too. I'll be able to compare all 3 together soon...then make the final decision.

OECs-1-15.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
What size are the two diamonds? The round one is very pretty... That would be my choice!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Oh, the cushiony one...look at that crown..looks higher in comparison to the round! But great to see side by side then you will know THE one that speaks to you. Lucky you, what great choices.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on the sale Mara, that was incredibly fast!

... You are the same Mara who used to pair up with LynnB and ruminate on DSS, yes? They're both so pretty in different ways so the answer is the BIGGER one, obviously! :bigsmile:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the bigger one with the cushiony shape, high crown, big and bold facets. SUCH a tough decision for you Mara! Best of luck on your final choice. How fun this is with so many PSers looking for antique stones right now. It makes me want another :Up_to_something:

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love them all, but I too would say go for the bigger one :love:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
mrssalvo|1337893732|3202919 said:
DITTO!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well seeing the profile and the live actions, hand down: cushion cushion cushion cushion :love:

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
decodelighted|1337868306|3202541 said:
They're both lovely! I think I prefer the smaller "shy" one. That's really how I see it. The larger one is more outgoing & kind of a prom queen and the smaller one is bookish and maybe will go to Yale. So -- enjoy that bigger one! :naughty: :bigsmile:

That's funny, as I was comparing them, I was thinking more Oberlin vs. Big Ten. :cheeky: (Though Big Ten stone is quirky in its own right)

From the images, I like both, but in the end...know thy size-lovin' self. ...and from the face-up view (windowsill shot) I like more of what I'm seeing through the table of the larger stone...and the cushion outline.

(and the crown!)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy|1337895900|3202942 said:
mrssalvo|1337893732|3202919 said:
DITTO!!

Me too!! :lickout:

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
I am so stalking this thread to see what you do! :naughty: I want to revisit my suggestion...get the BIG one. Wasn't that what you were after anyway? Its a gorgeous stone, you are not sacrificing anything (well, it may be more expensive...). Hands down my vote is now the big cushiony...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I saw all three stones today together which was interesting. In my mind the first stone didn't seem as well cut as the new smaller one. But it seemed better cut to me actually, in the shop anyway. Which is interesting because the smaller newer one seems really great out in the 'world'. None of the three are slouches though. If any of them just landed in my lap, I'd be ecstatic.

I'm leaning towards cushiony... ! And Deco you are so spot on re the prom queen and the shy yale grad. I took some videos today and cushiony was like 'ohhh heeeyyy it's video' and acted like a sparkling star showing off her facets, and the other one was trying to make it super dificult to capture it's personality on camera. What can I say? I think I like flash. :bigsmile:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, what's the size of the cushiony one?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know I love cushiony!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where can we find the Video? I want to see :o

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
So the original stone is 2.5c and 9mm; second stone is 2.5c and 8.88mm; third stone is 3.3c and 9.5mm (average, since it's not perfectly round).

DD... She's showy for sure. :love:

I shot some videos today but I'm going to try to redo them tomorrow -- I had a gardener going nuts around me with the leafblower so it's kind of chaotic lol.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara|1337920764|3203273 said:
So the original stone is 2.5c and 9mm; second stone is 2.5c and 8.88mm; third stone is 3.3c and 9.5mm (average, since it's not perfectly round).

Ummm.. cushiony is looking better and better. That is HUGEEEE!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Took this pic yesterday with iPhone+olloclip, love that thing. This is cushiony, such a crisp little girl.

9point5mmOECollo.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Mara, go big or...well you know the rest!

cheers--Sharon

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and here's a mediocre iPhone photo with all 3 stones together yesterday, my other camera died during the chaotic video taking earlier so this is really the only pic I got.

3OECsMay2012-1.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yum! They all are gorgeous! I can see why it'd be hard to choose.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, I was reading this on my phone this week, but couldn't post. Come on...this is you. You're going to mentally want to go over the 3c mark if you can, with a stone that is worthy. I vote go big, go hard, go strong!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Mara said:
and here's a mediocre iPhone photo with all 3 stones together yesterday, my other camera died during the chaotic video taking earlier so this is really the only pic I got.

That is just too much old cut deliciousness in one pic!!! :love: :shock: :lickout: :love: :loopy: :bigsmile: :love:

I like the faceting of the one on the left best but I think you want BIG so I vote for one on the right, which is STUNNING as well! Can't wait to see what you decide!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Mara|1337963045|3203613 said:

Dude! What is your light source on this one? They almost look like YAG, they're so bright! Gorgeous photograph.

ETA: Another fan of the cushion-y 3.3 here ....

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Circe|1337967445|3203673 said:
Mara|1337963045|3203613 said:

Dude! What is your light source on this one? They almost look like YAG, they're so bright! Gorgeous photograph.

ETA: Another fan of the cushion-y 3.3 here ....

What's YAG?

I was at a local shop ...they have crazy jeweler lighting lol. Makes everything look yellow.

So the general consensus is... Go big or go home... got it. :rodent:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results