carat
color
clarity

Old Cut Lovers...... please sign in!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
steviedsgirl|1483058306|4110541 said:
Help help! Years ago, when a particular online auction site was new and wild and there were deals to be had, I bought an OEC diamond set in 18kwg. It's a lovely stone, about .75 of a carat, L-M color, supremely clear, and lots of chunky fire. Now, some 20-odd years later, I want to use the ring as my engagement ring. The issue is that I have no idea what kind of wedding ring to put with it. The setting is a bezel setting, and I love the protection it gives the stone. The setting is simple and clean and I like it. But straight bands clunk against it, and I haven't yet found a curved band that I really like. I *have* gotten 18 2mm side stones in older cuts, L-M color, and clean. Any ideas on what to do with my beloved "problem child"? :)

You may want to start a thread in the Rocky Talky section to get input; there is more traffic in that section. I'd think you would have to get something custom made for it though. It's a unique design; if you have additional pictures, include those in your new thread. :wavey:

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I miss this thread! Anyone have "new" old cuts to show off??

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad this thread was bumped! It’s been a long time -

EC8, your OEC is truly a stunner! And I love your gypsy set ring, so easy to wear and the yg is beautiful.

Dkata, your diamond is amazing! The faceting is gorgeous. Looks perfect on your hand.

Here’s my new addition, a 1.5 cluster ring with old mine cuts -

img_14868.jpg img_13919.jpg img_6314.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reactions: EC8

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t know what bling I might have posted here. Just tried searching so I don’t duplicate but the search function isn’t working for me so I will just add my most recent acquisitions and sorry if I’ve already added any of these.

My antique cluster ring.

680DA5F3-6E80-41F9-9C32-53665673CB56.jpeg

And my most recent earring addition from last month. OEC drops.

CDE06FD7-A44A-4557-9BE9-C1683BC6AA24.jpeg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah so gorgeous Missy!!! :love: You have an amazing collection!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you sweet Junie!!! I love your gorgeous collection too. Just amazbling :love:

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Missy, junebug17 - I adore your cluster rings. A beautiful cluster ring with oec‘s is also in my wishlist!!!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yennyfire, I’m almost speechless. Congratulations...and a VERY happy new year to You!

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yennyfire - it is just fabulous! This is what I call finger coverage!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Such an amazingly gorgeous ring, yennyfire! :love::love::love: I love the octagonal engraved halo!! Enjoy!!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yennyfire, I’m almost speechless. Congratulations...and a VERY happy new year to You!
Thanks @Jimmianne! Wishing you a very Hsppy New Year too! I know 2018 won't equal 2017 for me bling wise, lol!

Yennyfire - it is just fabulous! This is what I call finger coverage!
Yeah, @dkata it's even bigger than I thought it would be, which is taking some getting used to!

Such an amazingly gorgeous ring, yennyfire! :love::love::love: I love the octagonal engraved halo!! Enjoy!!
Thanks @carbonfan! I really do love the engraving, shank and Gallery and the stone makes my heart happy!

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
This is one of my most favorite threads, almost remember it by heart :love::love::love: i hope it is never too late to add some bling to keep the thread "alive"
Here are mine old cuts: OEC earrings, pendant, 5 oec ring and OMB ring....
IMG_4412.jpg
IMG_4422.jpg
IMG_4437.jpg
IMG_9052.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My latest old cut. A 10mm J/SI1 (eyeclean) in an octagonal
platinum halo by CvB.

IMG_5445.JPG

IMG_5424.JPG

Yennyfire, it’s absolutely amazing, such a gorgeous stone and beautiful setting, it’s perfection! :love::love::love:

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade
OMG Everyone!!! These are unbelievable!!! :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

steviedsgirl

Rough_Rock
Brand new to me set that I've been stalking for at least a year. Uncerted stone, older OEC, M-N color range (though faces up bright white in various lighting conditions), very clear for its age (though a few chips on the girdle might bump it to an SI), listed as 1.23 carat and I would say it's at least that weight (holds its own against a known 1.56 stone). sDSC_4708.jpg sDSC_4711.jpg

ringgal

Rough_Rock
So hopefully I do this right the first go round! Months back you all helped me on my quest for an old miner’s cut. What I ended up falling for was an Old European Cut that I absolute love more each day. Lots of character. The perfect warmth and vintage look I was going for. It was originally set in a pretty large art deco setting. I ended up having the jeweler reset it in a platinum vintage band . The diamond is flanked by two baguettes.

The particulars I can remember without the GIA cert on hand...
Center stone carat weight: 1.51
Color J
Clarity SI2
Polish Good
Ring size is 7

I do notice one inclusion right smack in the center of the stone (someone mentioned carbon..if that's a regular inclusion I'm a total newbie at this). You can only see it at certain angles. Funny thing....somehow I like it even more with that imperfection. Kind of reminds me of myself ;-)

I am obviously not the best at photos and the color is not on point with me and my IPhone 6.Also seems to pick up a line on the left side that really isn't there...who knows?! This day I had it paired with my wedding band and two eternity bands I received from my husband. What's great about it is I can really mix it up with other bands. I'll share more of those later.

Anways, enough talking. Her she is and I totally adore her. And she is SO DARN ME!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So hopefully I do this right the first go round! Months back you all helped me on my quest for an old miner’s cut. What I ended up falling for was an Old European Cut that I absolute love more each day. Lots of character. The perfect warmth and vintage look I was going for. It was originally set in a pretty large art deco setting. I ended up having the jeweler reset it in a platinum vintage band . The diamond is flanked by two baguettes.

The particulars I can remember without the GIA cert on hand...
Center stone carat weight: 1.51
Color J
Clarity SI2
Polish Good
Ring size is 7

I do notice one inclusion right smack in the center of the stone (someone mentioned carbon..if that's a regular inclusion I'm a total newbie at this). You can only see it at certain angles. Funny thing....somehow I like it even more with that imperfection. Kind of reminds me of myself ;-)

I am obviously not the best at photos and the color is not on point with me and my IPhone 6.Also seems to pick up a line on the left side that really isn't there...who knows?! This day I had it paired with my wedding band and two eternity bands I received from my husband. What's great about it is I can really mix it up with other bands. I'll share more of those later.

Anways, enough talking. Her she is and I totally adore her. And she is SO DARN ME!
Ohhh I want to see!! I think if you’ve uploaded the pics, you’ll still need to embed them into your post so we can see them.

ringgal

Rough_Rock
Pics :) be forewarned these are iPhone and even with that I am nooo good! Let me know if these come through. Tried to get some in different lighting. A0BC1D18-2AD6-431D-9CFE-002EFA7C5CA9.jpeg Le 6248B8EF-B9E6-491B-9AD3-EFE43D2B1B9C.jpeg 36B847BA-DDE0-408A-B12B-D9EE1D106FEE.jpeg A63D516C-B424-43CA-A483-0946A23B03AC.jpeg

Attachments

• 3BCCB138-C1F9-4809-A9B0-D1D81F114290.jpeg
    3BCCB138-C1F9-4809-A9B0-D1D81F114290.jpeg
    49 KB · Views: 33

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pics :) be forewarned these are iPhone and even with that I am nooo good! Let me know if these come through. Tried to get some in different lighting. A0BC1D18-2AD6-431D-9CFE-002EFA7C5CA9.jpeg Le 6248B8EF-B9E6-491B-9AD3-EFE43D2B1B9C.jpeg 36B847BA-DDE0-408A-B12B-D9EE1D106FEE.jpeg A63D516C-B424-43CA-A483-0946A23B03AC.jpeg

LOVE your ring! :love::love::love: Congrats ringgal! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results