shape
carat
color
clarity

Okay help. Need a sanity check.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending you dust!!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
THANK YOU SKIPPY!

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
More dust!

Good luck Gypsy - you''ll get it perfect, don''t fret.
2.gif

Jen

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
I dunno babe. Food is REALLY important to me, and service is also important. But it isn''t ever gonna BE perfect, and if its going to cause you more of a headache to change it--well. Might be easier to let it be.

Life...it just doesn''t work out right, and you can''t control it--even if a tasting went perfect, there''s a chance the food could be crap the day of. So maybe relaxing a little more might be a way to go. But if looking at another venue makes you feel like you have control, then, you know, why not. Whatever works--I mean, I''ve written three translations of the Hebrew for our ceremony, and I KNOW no one except me cares about that.

And to put what some of the girls were saying a lot more gently, maybe, just maybe, consider that some of the reason you are very concerned with getting everything just right has to do with needing to maintain control over things that really, no one can control. Dunno. Just putting it out there, feel free to ignore.

Hugs!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, our sweet Deb put you a note in my 10k thread in case you didn't see; you are almost there darlin!
Also, I think you should get DS carrot cake recipe for a rainy day
9.gif
2.gif
p.s. sorry for the threadjack. Keep us posted; I hope all works out. I will tell you no matter how hard you prepare, things will go wrong on your wedding day (at least they did for me but I was zen) and everything worked out in the end.
1.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Jen, promise to stop fretting too much about it.
2.gif

Rainbow... I agree, food is very important. Well, I have a few leads now on alternatives. One of which allows outside catering (YAY!). So I'm hoping something pans out if my venue flakes or crashes and burns. You put it much more gently Rainbow, gave me a lot to think about, and I appreciate that. Thank you! I think you are probably right too.

Thank you Skippy! I went over there, isn't she amazing! I'm gonna practice ZEN. Maybe in a few months I'll have it down.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Heard back from your venue yet, Gypsy???

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Sending good thought and PS dust your way! Can''t wait to hear what you found out...keep us posted!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope. Not one word. I''m giving it till tomorrow. Then I''ll ask John to call-- which will take him till Thursday. Thank you for the dust Harleigh and Sarah.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy:

I''m sorry I missed this post -- I''ve been out most of last week; sick as the proverbial dog. While I relish being put in the same (kick-in-the-pants) category as surfgirl, deco, and T-Gal (my idols), I won''t further the ''abuse''.
9.gif
28.gif

RELAX. If it wasn''t unrecognizable mush, it probably wasn''t inedible. Try to go with the ''no fail'' choices that don''t include crabcakes, for instance. (Seafood anywhere but near the ocean is a toss-up for freshness and flavor.) I have to agree with deco. People will remember the ambiance, the mood, your happiness, the overall ''look'' of your wedding; the details will be lost on them.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Four dresses?
6.gif
23.gif
I need to go back and read some of your posts. I''m intrigued.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Holly, I will keep things in perspective.
2.gif

As for the dresses. *blushes*... I didn''t take possession of one... I cancelled it (lost my deposit though). Another I got for a steal on ebay (although is it a steal if you don''t use it? Nope). But um... I still have plenty in the house to outfit a small but determined (and fashionable) army of brides.

lesco

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Gypsy,

Just passing by to see how are you doing. I saw the thread up and thought you might have gone for the second food tasting. uhh... I''m sorry the catering people are not getting back to you as soon as I was hoping they would.

I read about that other venue choice, sounds promising (just in case - better to be proactive). Have you found out if your date is available? Never hurts to ask as a contingency plan although I''m hoping you will be happy with the second food tasting. They better do a good job!

Allright, please keep us posted. I''m sending out best wishes your way!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, hang in there girl! Everything will work out in the end.

I will echo the fact that what''s most memorable is CELEBRATING with a HAPPY, RELAXED, and BLISSFUL couple
36.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Charger!!

Lesco... I am taking off work a couple hour early on Thursday to look at venues. I''ve found three viable ones that have my date available. So we''ll see!! Thank you for the advice support and good wishes!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Hope your venue-shopping goes well on Thursday! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results