carat
color
clarity

off to er

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rough day.
Had a big asthma attack in the early am.
Had to wake up wifey but avoided the er.
Today is a lump of coal on couch day. have a real bad headache

Hang in there Stormy... :clap: hope you feel better soon!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
rough night mainly due to the weather, going to be a rough day due to allergies.
Still waiting for test results for Pa.
They have sent the mri and ct scans out for more expert consults and are waiting to hear back.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rough night mainly due to the weather, going to be a rough day due to allergies.
They have sent the mri and ct scans out for more expert consults and are waiting to hear back.

I am sorry the nights continue to be challenging and I am keeping you and your wife and family in my thoughts and prayers and hope smoother days and nights are in your future. Hang in there and take good care and continued bucketloads of healing dust to you.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am sorry you had a bad night. I am glad that there will be more action on Pa.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Very late to the “party” but wanted you to know that prayers are outgoing and I hope that your nights start to improve and that you get some answers regarding your Fil!
Please take care of yourself Karl!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
We got some test results back on Pa.
They have not found anything that says this is the problem.
He is resting comfortably so they are going to wait until next week to do more testing and wait for the rest of the tests they have done results to come in.

I'm having a rough day due to the weather, back on high flow oxygen but im ok.

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
He is resting comfortably so they are going to wait until next week to do more testing and wait for the rest of the tests they have done results to come in.

Hope you feel better as the day goes on @Karl_K !

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am very glad Pa is resting comfortably. I hope you will soon be more comfortable. What is the weather doing? (I realize it is adversely affecting your asthma, but I don't know why.)

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am very glad Pa is resting comfortably. I hope you will soon be more comfortable. What is the weather doing? (I realize it is adversely affecting your asthma, but I don't know why.)
rain off and on all day

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How are you and Pa doing? I keep hoping the rain may have eased your allergies some and given you a bit of relief.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking of you @Karl_K and your FIL and hoping you are both doing OK.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I just got home from the hospital. Went in friday. No covid just the same thing again.

Pa is getting stronger and more aware.
he Spoke to ma on speakerphone for a bit today.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Karl_K take care and please try to rest. The weather here is absolutely gross. very high humidity/high temps. I walked outside and felt like I was going to pass out. Nothing more frustrating to going to a hospital and they find absolutely nothing.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got home from the hospital. Went in friday. No covid just the same thing again.

I'm thinking of you. I'm sorry you had to go to hospital again, but am glad you were able to be discharged. Praying for you and also for your FIL.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear about your recent hospitalization. Hope after a couple of days of treatment you are feeling some better.

Good news too about your father-in-law - must be so wonderful to be able to communicate a bit with his family.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
hi Karl
your family really are having a bad time of it
best wishes for your FIL's recovery
and for you to feel much much much better soon
hang in there

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a medical mess lol
I have had doctors throw up their hands as they walk out the door because they do not know what to do with me.
I had a really great doctor but the medical group dropped my insurance with no notice so had to switch doctors.
My current doctor is the throws hands up type so after this mess am going to have to find another.

So,,,
Low lung volume - probably an effect of being born by emergency c-section with the cord around my neck. Or just genetic no one knows.
asthma
Sleep apnea
copd
messed up jaw that makes copd act worse, the way the nerves run make it pretty much unoparabe. Dentist made it worse by not knowing what he was doing and tried to fix my bite using a plate system. Using all the insurance money so when I got to see a doctor who might have been able to help there was no insurance money so could not get it fixed during the growth phase when it might have been possible without surgery,
On oxygen 24/7 amount varies depending on how im doing.
Arthritis in joints badly.
Have had 4 dvt's and a pulmonary embolism as well as dozens of superficial blood clots. On blood thinners for life.
Had pleurisy that was deemed to dangerous to remove by surgery so have a lot of scar tissue around one lung and reduced capacity even more.
Have had a heart attack sometime.
High blood pressure
Have enlarged right ventricle from copd.
I am a lot overweight.
Have a lot of allergies.
Went for many years with no insurance so could not get any of this treated for a long time.
Birth defect in the bones of my back, deforming my back.
Badly damaged both knees as a kid and elbow as an adult.
I'm a mess and a half.
I have had a couple doctors look at my medical history and ask me how are still alive. Then I tell them how I cracked my skull open twise before the age of 5 and show them the scars.

Oy. I’m sorry to hear about your subpar experience with exasperated docs. I think sometimes they get overwhelmed thinking they have to “fix” everything instead of taking a breath and getting to know you and what’s important to you and helping come up with a plan to get you where you want, even if it’s not going to be perfect. Perfect is the enemy of progress as they say. Sadly med school tends to select for perfectionists (I’m guilty myself sometimes).

Hope you and pa feel better day by day as summer comes!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am so glad that Pa is improving. I was quite worried about him.I know how severe your health problems are, and I am sure that needing oxygen must frighten even you, but I am used to you surviving everything. I pray for you, but I do not usually panic. I will continue to pray and I send good thoughts to your entire family.

Deb

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prayers to you, your FIL and your family.My prayers to the medical persons providing care to you and your FIL

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Checking in to see how you’re doing @Karl_K. Hope you and your FIL are improving health wise each day. ❤️

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I had a pretty good night was just up once.
Need to get strength up.

Pa is going by ambulance to another hospital for testing for a few hours today then back.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a pretty good night was just up once.
Need to get strength up.

Pa is going by ambulance to another hospital for testing for a few hours today then back.

I am glad you appear to be getting better, Karl. Please update us on Pa when you have more information.

Deb

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Karl - how did your FIL go with his tests?

And I'm so glad to hear your night last night was ok. Praying for a good night tonight as well.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Karl - how did your FIL go with his tests?

And I'm so glad to hear your night last night was ok. Praying for a good night tonight as well.
They went ok, he was very tired when they got him back.
We wont know any results for a day or so.
I'm not even 100% sure what they were doing.
brain wave test was one but there were others.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
No news yet on test results for Pa but the doctor did said they are running out of things to test for and no answers so far.

I had a good nights sleep for the most part, a bit of an asthma attack on getting off the bipap but im ok.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad to hear that you are feeling better! Is your FIL still responsive to his family?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Glad to hear that you are feeling better! Is your FIL still responsive to his family?
They let Ma go back and be with him for a while today.
He talked with her a few sentences a few times.
He seemed to have thought she was the female doctor who has been caring for him most of the time but a couple times seemed to know it was Ma.
The Doctors have done what they could, it is up to the Lord now.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He seemed to have thought she was the female doctor who has been caring for him most of the time but a couple times seemed to know it was Ma.

Still praying.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

So glad she got to be with him for a bit! How is she holding up? This can't be easy on her.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results