shape
carat
color
clarity

OEC Three stone.....what shape side stones?

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
OEC/OMC three stone ring. Thinking :think: about making a Three stone ring with my 1.56 OEC. Anyone have one that has different shape side stones? Would love to see pictures. ;)2

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I have a ring with an antique cushion, omc sides. I guess it's kind of similar looking in shape.

I have a ring with an OEC with rose cut rounds for the side stones.

dmack

Shiny_Rock
Have you checked out this thread?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could do all 3 OECs and that would be gorgeous I think if the proportions are right. Or you could do pear sides. Antique pear sides with your OEC center would be delicious! You could also do baguettes in the way of the classic old school 3 stone. Lots of options and I am excited to see what you decide to do with your yummy OEC. :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some examples.

@Spring Day your new ring makes me SWOON!!!

A few more examples.

I am a sucker for side pears with a round center. :love:

My personal preference is to have different shapes as side/accent stones in a 3 stone than the center stone shape, so I’d suggest pears or baguettes, as missy said, to complement your OEC!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am toying with the idea of getting a 3-stone ring with OEC Moissys.

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

barbie86

Shiny_Rock
Another vote for pears or baguettes, with baguettes having the edge for me personally.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about with lab diamonds?

Can't afford or justify lab stones at the mo, so I thought I would try Moissy first to see if I really want an OEC first.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't afford or justify lab stones at the mo, so I thought I would try Moissy first to see if I really want an OEC first.

I'd seriously go with Berricle or something similar as an experiment. Much smaller monetary outlay for a temporary ring.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In regard to antique pears, you'd likely have to have them custom cut to match. It would be beautiful, though. Side baguettes are accent stones and not what I call a true three stone. I consider those a solitaire with accent sides. I really like side OECs with a center OEC. But I'd have to have those custom cut to be perfect matches, too, more than likely.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd seriously go with Berricle or something similar as an experiment. Much smaller monetary outlay for a temporary ring.

I checked Berricle and could not find one with bezel-set stones.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To the OP, if you are talking about the diamond in your avatar picture, it is gorgeous and I really can't imagine improving on that!

lko700

Rough_Rock
I have a three stone with an OEC center and trillion sides! I've posted a picture if you look back on my profile.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I can't remember if I showed you my 3 stone OEC moissy ring the last time you were in town. They're prong-set, though, not bezelled.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't remember if I showed you my 3 stone OEC moissy ring the last time you were in town. They're prong-set, though, not bezelled.

Can't remember that one, sorry!

Hopefully, I'll see it when I come to Vancouver next, whenever that may be!

stonehunter20

Shiny_Rock
is three stone in now? there are multiple threads asking about three stone. :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results