shape
carat
color
clarity

OEC ring from RDG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
My ‘bargain beauty’ OEC has its new custom made home, and I am thrilled with the results. :appl: :appl:
I could bang on about how and why I love each element of my new ring, but that would likely bore you guys, plus I have..ahem..just a couple of photos to post... :D

I would though like to mention the vendor, as this has been literally a dream transaction from start to finish -
the ring is designed and handcrafted by RDG, or Robinson Designer Goldsmith of New Zealand, who are simply one class act. **edited by moderator**

Many vendors could borrow a leaf out of RDG's book regarding top notch communications, customer care and service, and excellent design & craftsmanship. I know I may sound a little OTT, however since joining PS (and before) I have often lamented the lack of a quality goldsmith that is locally available to me; NZ is not exactly the local shops, however its getting closer, so I am just stoked to now have a jeweller that I click with who are talented and without a drop of attitude ::)

I am thoroughly impressed and very happy with everything about my ring – the aesthetics, proportions, details, and finish are all superb. It is a bit unique and may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but that’s also why I love it – as a friend so aptly put it, my new ring is “Chelegant” – Chunky plus Elegant! :lol:

I would very much like to thank Klewis, for first bringing my attention to the work of RDG with his awesome neon tourmaline ring, and than introducing me to Mike Robinson – you know how much I appreciate it!
I also must thank Coati, for being gracious as ever and allowing me to be inspired by her chunkalicious
OEC double bezel - you rock, lovey :wavey:

And of course, thank you very much to Mike & Ken for your great work and attention, and to the rest of the RDG family. Every step of my experience with them was ideal, and I’m looking forward already to our next project together.

Alright, enough of that then..
The vitals are:

OEC, now officially 1.53ct, L SI1 (certed by Gemlab NZ). Measures 7.38 x 7.28 x 4.53.

The ring is created from 18kt rose gold and platinum and includes:
0.29cts, F-G VS1 step cut trapz, bezel set either side of OEC.
0.35cts, D-E VS1 melee, 46 total, pave' set along shank and cushion.

At first I was concerned about the colour difference of the OEC compared to the side stones & melee, but it was Mike’s idea to 'play up' the difference, instead of trying to mask it, and I have to say he was 100% right. The OEC is really shining in its new home.
Mike was also kind enough to take step by step photos of the hand creation process of my ring from start to finish and create an 'album' for me – I find it really intriguing to see how it all comes together, and will happily post up the 'in progress' pics later in the thread. It is a unique and fun memento to keep with my ring, and I think it is rare to get to see behind the scenes with this sort of thing.

As usual, I took waaayyy too many photos...but it was a beautiful day out, and many of you guys have asked for em,
so that's my excuse ! :bigsmile:

E B

Ideal_Rock
*REFRESH REFRESH REFRESH REFRESH*

:rodent:

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I’m not usually one to do the ‘packaging striptease”, however this packaging seems to pretty not to share.. ::)

p6.JPG

p4.JPG

p3.JPG

p2.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
on to the proper stuff.. ;-)

p7.JPG

p8.JPG

p9.JPG

o4.JPG

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even the box is adorable!! AJ it is STUNNING!! Ahhhh sorry to interrupt but I am SO EXCITED for you!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

OK, carry on :bigsmile:

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
::)

o3.JPG

o6.JPG

o7.JPG

o8.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
handshots..
The ring is chunky and you know its there (just under 11grms of gold/plat), but its also ever so comfortable!
I'm also really happy as (just by chance), this is my first ring that I can wear on both my left and right hands :appl:

h20.JPG

h6.JPG

h26.JPG

h18.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I always love an interesting profile view for my rings, and imho the profile of this ring is as pretty as the top..

h4.JPG

prof.JPG

h13.JPG

prof1.JPG

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SOOOOOOOOOOOO cool! What a gorgeous one-of-a-kind piece! Enjoy! :appl:

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
some close ups:

oec.JPG

o15.JPG

o20.JPG

o23.JPG

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
very pretty!! OECs make me swoon!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
What a great design! Looks wonderful on you! :appl:

Glad you had a great experience!

Enjoy!

Cachette :))

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
ok, I have a bunch more photos which are pretty and show different elements / angles of the ring, but its been a long day so I'm off to relax with the Fi and a movie now...I will be sure to post em up later of course.

Thank you to EB, Andi, Motown, oranges and Cachette for your early comments!

And for those ladies who have been patiently waiting for me to post this new project, I hope you enjoy the pics! ::) :wavey:

o40.JPG

o43.JPG

o48.JPG

h21.JPG

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Love the rose gold! Beautiful and unique design! :appl:

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Well worth the wait! It's truly stunning, AJ. Congratulations! :love:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So gorgeous and unique AJ!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
THUD!

I don't often post in SMTB because I feel like I just keep saying, "Oh that's beautiful!" But, I had to post on this thread. This ring is incredibly unique and well-crafted! It's truly a piece of art you can wear. I love the play on metals and whiteness of the diamonds. It is just so unique and lovely. And, that OEC, absolutely splendid!! Congratulations and well done!

btw- I haven't ever joined FB for a variety of reasons. However, JUST because I want to see more of these designs, I'm going to create an account!!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm in love! It is gorgeous and looks absolutely fantastic on your hand! :love: :love: :love:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an outstanding ring :love: Love the combination of metals. That is a gorgeous OEC.

LOVE your photo shoot, so creative.

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
AJ! That is the most stunning chunky ring I. Have. Ever. Seen!!!!
I love the way the diamonds run around the riing. Excellent. And it looks beautiful and comfortable! I just went to FB and "liked" his page :naughty:

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
:-o

There'll be more comments once the EMTs revive Uppy.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
somethingshiny said:
THUD!

I don't often post in SMTB because I feel like I just keep saying, "Oh that's beautiful!" But, I had to post on this thread. This ring is incredibly unique and well-crafted! It's truly a piece of art you can wear. I love the play on metals and whiteness of the diamonds. It is just so unique and lovely. And, that OEC, absolutely splendid!! Congratulations and well done!

btw- I haven't ever joined FB for a variety of reasons. However, JUST because I want to see more of these designs, I'm going to create an account!!

Thanks somethingshiny! I really appreciate your kind comments, I'm glad you enjoy the ring.

I just thought I would post quickly to say I made a whoops as I didn't realize we can't link to FB, hence why Ella
has altered that line of my OP (cheers Ella!).

But I also wanted to let you know, somethingshiny, that I am not a FB member either and can view anything on RDG's page without having an account etc..not sure why, but thought I would just mention it to save you the trouble of signing up. ::)

ok, back to my movie, see you all in the morning :wavey:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I see a lot of rings on PS and its rare that one makes me gasp! Its magnificant!!! What a fabulous design.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Whew! Sorry about that, but I hyperventilated upon seeing this AMAZING CREATION! I can't even call it a ring. It is a celebration in diamond, gold, and platinum! That is a once in a lifetime piece of art!

Are you just blown away by how perfectly it is crafted? I'm amazed by how those white traps really spotlight that amazing oec! The goldsmith was right about the color combos. And the side view and gallery are stunning! I would solder that piece to my finger and never, EVER remove it! :love:

ksmyheart

Rough_Rock
Amazing :love: So bold... but so delicate

brings out my green eyed monster :Up_to_something: .. the box is beautiful the burnt orange with the tan so lovely

:love: :love: :love: :appl:

Lovely! Very creative too.. and bold like someone else said. It's just so fun to look at! It also has some serious finger coverage :naughty:

LGK

Ideal_Rock
AJ, that is one heck of an awesome design. It's just... totally unique and so cool! I'm thrilled you got such a gorgeous stone to put in it too :bigsmile:

E B

Ideal_Rock
Oh, wow, Arjuna- what a cool design! Is it both bezeled and pronged?

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
AJ it's unbelievable! How unique and superbly crafted! I love the mid century vibe along with modern aesthetics, it's truly a timeless piece. W :o W

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Well I wasn't expecting that.

Very unique!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results