carat
color
clarity

OEC ring from RDG

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Y'know, I wasn't expecting that either, but I'm liking it!! :sun:

That stone was meant for something especially unique, and.. well, you delivered ::)

I love how it's so bold and masculine and striking faceup and so - well, *dainty* from the profile, and the workmanship looks fantastic :))
I love that you and Mike took risks with the diamond styles and stone and metal colours - you can see the contrast even in the photos!
Mostly I love that you're thrilled :bigsmile:

Congrats!!!

ETA: How did you guys come up with the design? Is it what you envisioned (or close to) from the start?

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
WOW!! AJ!!

what a piece of art!!

congrats!!

:appl: :appl: :appl:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
AJ I would pay to play in your jewerly box- you have such interesting and unique pieces! This ring is lovely and i just love the profile view!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Wow, nice!!

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
Wow A.J your ring is EPIC! The detail is amazing, I can only imagine how impressive it must be in real life! As far as colour goes, your OEC appears such a perfect shade of creamy white.

Hope you are enjoying your masterpiece in what appears from your photos to be perfect Perth spring weather. Have the Jacarandas started blossoming? I'm hoping they are in full bloom late next month when I make a flying visit. :)

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations AJ - your ring is beautiful and very distinctive. I love the rose gold and platinum and the slightly deco style of the profile. It looks sensational on your hand - I can see you wear it well.

I hope you get to share some 'making of' pics? :naughty:

lovemybling

Brilliant_Rock
I am a ROSE gold girl. That metal looks AMAZING on you. I LOVE the profile of your ring. I really feel this is what I see the most when I wear my ring and some people just loose the chance to look at something fantastic NOT you . You are a LUCKY girl. :bigsmile:

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thank you very much everyone who has posted such kind comments, I appreciate all of them!
I look forward to replying to each of you, however I'll just post up the rest of the eye-candy whilst I have some time ::)

RDG really like to ensure that the backs or insides of their pieces look as pretty as the 'fronts' - the underneath of my ring's cushion bezel was always intended to be pierced in platinum, and after some back and forth, I came up with the design to use which admittedly I am
pretty darn chuffed about :praise: Mike, though executed it so well..it looks like a snowflake or similar, but some of you who are more "RT-minded" can likely guess what it actually is... :?:

gallery.JPG

o37.JPG

o36.JPG

o29.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
some more glamour shots..

o9.JPG

o11.JPG

o10.JPG

o12.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
handshots..

h11.JPG

hshot.JPG

h1.JPG

h22.JPG

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
arjunajane said:
Thank you very much everyone who has posted such kind comments, I appreciate all of them!
I look forward to replying to each of you, however I'll just post up the rest of the eye-candy whilst I have some time ::)

RDG really like to ensure that the backs or insides of their pieces look as pretty as the 'fronts' - the underneath of my ring's cushion bezel was always intended to be pierced in platinum, and after some back and forth, I came up with the design to use which admittedly I am
pretty darn chuffed about :praise: Mike, though executed it so well..it looks like a snowflake or similar, but some of you who are more "RT-minded" can likely guess what it actually is... :?:

That stone is almost edible...

AJ I don't see snowflakes. I see wireframes! ;( :rodent:

ETA: and fantastic pics :bigsmile:

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
::)

o19.JPG

o24.JPG

o30.JPG

o26.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Yssie said:

ha ha..what's a wireframe yssie..? Think RT...and about the centre diamond.. :tongue:

eta: oops, thank you posted before your edit.

Cheers lovey - I always take a lot as I find it fun, so may as well post em right :D

o21.JPG

o5.JPG

o34.JPG

o2.JPG

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie said:

ETA: and fantastic pics :bigsmile:

Yssie are you a geologist?

Oh and I agree that stone is edible and the pics are fantastic :appl: :appl:

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
last ones, cheers for looking! back soon :wavey:

o16.JPG

tree h.JPG

h5.JPG

inside.JPG

piratefan

Shiny_Rock
WOW this creation is so unique and going through your wonderful pics I'm really diggin' it!! It looks so buttery soft and comfy to wear! :rodent: Your friend really hit the nail on the head with the Chelegent description! Perfect way to describe such a perfectly executed design! I am so happy for you!! :appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Craftsmenship appears outstanding. Wow!

cheers--Sharon

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
arjunajane said:
Yssie said:

ha ha..what's a wireframe yssie..? Think RT...and about the centre diamond.. :tongue:

Cheers lovey - I always take a lot as I find it fun, so may as well post em right :D

Really awesome pics as always, AJ. I'm really liking the OEC in between the traps and in RG.

Ok...I'll take a guess as to the design...especially with the hint :Up_to_something: Is it supposed to be a "mirror" design of the facet pattern of your OEC? It's just a guess though. You will have to share y'know. ha ha.

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
wow what a cool ring!! it looks amazing on your hand!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparklyOEC said:
arjunajane said:
Yssie said:

Really awesome pics as always, AJ. I'm really liking the OEC in between the traps and in RG.

Ok...I'll take a guess as to the design...especially with the hint :Up_to_something: Is it supposed to be a "mirror" design of the facet pattern of your OEC? It's just a guess though. You will have to share y'know. ha ha.

That was my thinking too :))

agapitor

Shiny_Rock
Wow!! every aspect of your ring is unique and exquisite and may I say I am envious of your photography skills. I love packaging so the beautiful box was just a cherry on top of what I would consider a death by chocolate covered in ganache ring.

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Oh AJ, your ring is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

I adore its new home :appl: :appl: I also love that you can wear it on either hand!!

Ive been jonesing a rose gold or rich yellow gold ring myself and this is certainly NOT HELPING :errrr: :errrr: *running the other way now*

Wear in mich love, great health, and tons of happiness for always!!

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
It is gorgeous and suits you perfectly!

I love chunkier settings - this one makes your teeny hands look even teenier!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Very unique and gorgeous, thank you for posting all these lovely pictures.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Yssie said:
SparklyOEC said:
arjunajane said:
Yssie said:

That was my thinking too :))

:appl: Well done sparklyOEC, and second prize to Yssie - although I realize I made it kinda easy :)
It is actually the pavilion plot of an OMC - (as the bezel is cushion shaped, an OEC of course wouldn't work). I liked both the appearance of it, and the 'meaning' because as you mentioned Sparkly, it 'mirrors' the underneath of my diamond..
We actually started off using the crown facets, but it looked a little too 'spider-webby'..

Here are the plots that I sent Mike:

Old Mine Brilliant 2.jpg

OldMineBrilliant 1.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thank you very much to everyone who has made lovely comments and compliments so far!
I appreciate them, and I'm glad others can see and appreciate the quality of design and workmanship that I so love in the ring. ::)

Thank you to:
Lizzyann
SparklyOEC
MTG
something shiny
yennyfire
brightice
and missdeb - thank you, it is both beautiful and comfortable! I'm glad you like their work.

Maisie said:
OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I see a lot of rings on PS and its rare that one makes me gasp! Its magnificant!!! What a fabulous design.

Thank you maisie, that's very kind I'm glad you like it!

Upgradable said:
Whew! Sorry about that, but I hyperventilated upon seeing this AMAZING CREATION! I can't even call it a ring. It is a celebration in diamond, gold, and platinum! That is a once in a lifetime piece of art!

Are you just blown away by how perfectly it is crafted? I'm amazed by how those white traps really spotlight that amazing oec! The goldsmith was right about the color combos. And the side view and gallery are stunning! I would solder that piece to my finger and never, EVER remove it! :love:

he he, cheers Uppy you're too funny..I thought it may be up your alley :naughty: Thanks for your comments, they are very kind!
I am actually severely impressed by the craftsmanship of the whole thing, it really is impeccable. I wanted to use perfect in my first post, and now that you have I will too, because I can't fault one detail to a tee. It is easily the nicest piece of jewellery I have seen in person, and I feel very honoured to own such a great piece of work. ::)

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thanks to:

ksmyheart - I like that you agree the ring has both bold and delicate (or feminine) features. And yup, the packaging and ring box are super nice ::)

bean said:
:love: :love: :love: :appl:

Lovely! Very creative too.. and bold like someone else said. It's just so fun to look at! It also has some serious finger coverage :naughty:

Thanks bean! ha ha, coverage is right, I couldn't fit another ring on there even if I wanted :bigsmile:

LittleGreyKitten said:
AJ, that is one heck of an awesome design. It's just... totally unique and so cool! I'm thrilled you got such a gorgeous stone to put in it too :bigsmile:

Thank you LGK! I'm glad you like the design..it was really born of/inspired by the OEC..so I can thank ebay for that one, I know you can relate. ;))

E B said:
Oh, wow, Arjuna- what a cool design! Is it both bezeled and pronged?

Hey again EB, cheers! It is both bezeled and pronged, but in kind of a different way...there is the cushion shaped bezel, which the OEC sits in, and that also has the double RG prongs attached. However the OEC sits ever so slightly above the trapz which are bezeled either side in plat..

Here is one of the 'making of' photos, which may help illustrate what I'm saying..(when I have some more time I will post the rest of this series up.)

Z17.jpg

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Unique and gorgeous:I used to say I'm not a great fan of OEC, but I've changed my mind.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
davi_el_mejor said:
AJ it's unbelievable! How unique and superbly crafted! I love the mid century vibe along with modern aesthetics, it's truly a timeless piece. W :o W

aw, cheers Davi - you're spot on, we set out to combine both modern and deco elements and I'm glad they jived so well.
Thank you for your compliments! :))

Thanks Rosetta - unique is part of why I love it ::)

Yssie said:
Y'know, I wasn't expecting that either, but I'm liking it!! :sun:

That stone was meant for something especially unique, and.. well, you delivered ::)

I love how it's so bold and masculine and striking faceup and so - well, *dainty* from the profile, and the workmanship looks fantastic :))
I love that you and Mike took risks with the diamond styles and stone and metal colours - you can see the contrast even in the photos!
Mostly I love that you're thrilled :bigsmile:

Congrats!!!

ETA: How did you guys come up with the design? Is it what you envisioned (or close to) from the start?

Thank you Yssie lovey. I appreciate your comments, I think you have nailed the aesthetics we were going for in your observations..
You know, I do feel as if we took risks..I mean, the ring has a lot of different elements and influences..deco and modern, bold yet feminine, rose gold and platinum, old cut warm diamond with modern ultra white ones, knife edge with half round shank...and more!
I feel like, in many other people's hands, this easily could have ended up as a dog's breakfast, lol..But somehow Mike made it all work together so well. :love:

To answer your question, Mike was very easy to collaborate with on the design..I actually didn't have a vision at all, I just knew I wanted a peachy-toned warm rose gold (not a high pink alloy), a chunky aesthetic, and some step cut trapz or similar somewhere in there..I sent him along a few inspiration collages and pointed out pieces of RDG's work I liked and why, and than Mike does these super pretty water colour paintings when he is designing...
I'll attach below the designs he came up with as we narrowed it down..

RDG sketches for OEC ring.jpg

img149.jpg

img146.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for your comments to:

Heli
Sarah

and Andelain

softly softly said:
Wow A.J your ring is EPIC! The detail is amazing, I can only imagine how impressive it must be in real life! As far as colour goes, your OEC appears such a perfect shade of creamy white.

Hope you are enjoying your masterpiece in what appears from your photos to be perfect Perth spring weather. Have the Jacarandas started blossoming? I'm hoping they are in full bloom late next month when I make a flying visit. :)

Hey SS! Thanks hon. Your chunky old cut ring was also part of my inspiration, so cheers for that!
It was a really lovely day for photos, however I have the feeling its going to be a pretty super hot summer..
hrmm..I don't have any jacarandas in my area..perhaps I'm not in the right neighborhood, but I don't think I've seen one for a while :(sad
I hope you have a great visit next month :wavey:

klewis said:
Congratulations AJ - your ring is beautiful and very distinctive. I love the rose gold and platinum and the slightly deco style of the profile. It looks sensational on your hand - I can see you wear it well.

I hope you get to share some 'making of' pics? :naughty:

Hey klewis, thankyou my friend! Absolutely, as soon as I have some time free up I'll be happy to share the 'making of' pics.
Are you wearing your smashing tourm ring much?...perhaps one day we could arrange a temporary trade :devil:

lovemybling said:
I am a ROSE gold girl. That metal looks AMAZING on you. I LOVE the profile of your ring. I really feel this is what I see the most when I wear my ring and some people just loose the chance to look at something fantastic NOT you . You are a LUCKY girl. :bigsmile:

Cheers lovemybling, your compliments are very kind! Exactly, I can't stand having a boring profile on my rings and I love to admire this one. Cheers ::)

piratefan said:
WOW this creation is so unique and going through your wonderful pics I'm really diggin' it!! It looks so buttery soft and comfy to wear! :rodent: Your friend really hit the nail on the head with the Chelegent description! Perfect way to describe such a perfectly executed design! I am so happy for you!! :appl:

Cheers piratefan - I loved that Chelegant descriptor too :) Thank you, I'm glad you like the design and photos.

Thank you
Sharon
and sweetpea!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results