shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW OEC of my dreams is on my finger! (5.48 ct M VS1)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tourmaline - it's absolutely stunning! Congratulations on this amazing gem!

I'm sure you can see imperfections with the setting that we can't, but from where we sit, it looks like a wonderful setting! Would you mind very much sharing some profile shots of the setting? I love the more substantial band - would you be willing to share how many mm's wide it is at the head? It seems more substantial than a normal tapered band, but not heavy, either - and I'm really struggling hitting that balance with my new diamond. My new stone isn't as large as yours, but I'd love to know the ratio, so I can figure out what it is that appeals to my eye.

Anyway - those broad flashes of color are just amazing! I was sitting with my DH when I first saw your new thread, and he leaned over my shoulder and said "What sort of stone is that?" I think most people are unaware of the magical color attraction properties of a good OEC!

Congratulations on this holy grail - it's incredible!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Tourmaline - it's absolutely stunning! Congratulations on this amazing gem!

I'm sure you can see imperfections with the setting that we can't, but from where we sit, it looks like a wonderful setting! Would you mind very much sharing some profile shots of the setting? I love the more substantial band - would you be willing to share how many mm's wide it is at the head? It seems more substantial than a normal tapered band, but not heavy, either - and I'm really struggling hitting that balance with my new diamond. My new stone isn't as large as yours, but I'd love to know the ratio, so I can figure out what it is that appeals to my eye.

Anyway - those broad flashes of color are just amazing! I was sitting with my DH when I first saw your new thread, and he leaned over my shoulder and said "What sort of stone is that?" I think most people are unaware of the magical color attraction properties of a good OEC!

Congratulations on this holy grail - it's incredible!

Thank you! I can’t believe those colors. I love that about OECs! Here’s another one like that.

This is the CAD for the ring.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What an incredibly beautiful diamond, an absolute show stopper! :love: :love: :love:

Your ring is an absolute STUNNER! What a stone!!! And as for the setting, visually, it looks absolutely perfect for the stone, in terms of width and proportions and the delicacy of the head (I don’t know how to word what I think). A honker like yours doesn’t need very much to bring out the best in the stone!

As much as I loved it in its old setting, the solitare really lets your OEC take center stage!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Yippee! *confetti* So happy for you.

Isn’t there a rule somewhere that requires ten photos for every one carat? :lol:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @Tourmaline, it’s absolutely stunning. FWIW I prefer it in the new setting, it doesn’t detract from your beautiful stone, just let’s it be the star it is.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning! Simply stunning!! :kiss2:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg that is just GLORIOUS! It’s beautiful.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
M for marvelous, magnificent and majestic and magnetic. :love:
I LOVE your gorgeous OEC @Tourmaline.
Wear in good health and old world charm blingy joy!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
As much as I loved it in its old setting, the solitare really lets your OEC take center stage!

It really came to life when it came out of the old setting. I feel it really benefits from having light sources all over.

Yippee! *confetti* So happy for you.

Isn’t there a rule somewhere that requires ten photos for every one carat? :lol:

Haha! I bet I’ll take that many over time.

Oh @Tourmaline, it’s absolutely stunning. FWIW I prefer it in the new setting, it doesn’t detract from your beautiful stone, just let’s it be the star it is.

Thank you! Your Bella was significant in my diamond journey! See my comment to @missy below.

Stunning! Simply stunning!! :kiss2:

Thank you!

Gorgeous!! What a treasure

Thank you! I love it!

Stunning, the colours are so delicious.

The colors blow me away!

Omg that is just GLORIOUS! It’s beautiful.

Thank you!

M for marvelous, magnificent and majestic and magnetic. :love:
I LOVE your gorgeous OEC @Tourmaline.
Wear in good health and old world charm blingy joy!

Thank you for these adjectives, Missy! I smiled as I read your comment, as it was my original search for a diamond many years ago that led me to a Google image of your Bea (which I know is now Austina’s Bella), which led me to Pricescope and some detours, and finally to this stone, which has a similar flavor to your beautiful Bubbalah! :love:

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Woah!!! What a humongous beautiful diamond, it’s glorious!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tourmaline -

Thank you SO much for sharing this info - that was so generous!

I love this design. It's such a good reflection of the period of your gem, and the match between stone and setting is lovely. I know you intend to change it - and with a diamond like that, you HAVE to have what you really want! But even so...I love this setting....

Congratulations again on one for the ages. I'm going to show that new photo of your diamond reflecting all the colors to my DH - he'll be baffled! :mrgreen:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Tourmaline -

Thank you SO much for sharing this info - that was so generous!

I love this design. It's such a good reflection of the period of your gem, and the match between stone and setting is lovely. I know you intend to change it - and with a diamond like that, you HAVE to have what you really want! But even so...I love this setting....

Congratulations again on one for the ages. I'm going to show that new photo of your diamond reflecting all the colors to my DH - he'll be baffled! :mrgreen:

This was the setting I wanted, but I’ve had such bad luck with it with two different setters, that I think something has to be slightly different. I’ve spoken with Steven Kirsch about having him do a handmade version, and that’s probably what I’ll do at some point.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This was the setting I wanted, but I’ve had such bad luck with it with two different setters, that I think something has to be slightly different. I’ve spoken with Steven Kirsch about having him do a handmade version, and that’s probably what I’ll do at some point.

Now you're talking! Woohooooo!

:dance:

ETA Good lord...the profile of that stone...!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1D6A4F3A-613E-4D75-85D4-E4E8217DF022.jpeg

Here’s another side view picture (which I took between settings) that shows the shape.

THUD!

Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 9.16.11 AM.png

And your OEC embodies everything I LOVE about old cuts. Truly magnificent!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Oh my - this is absolutely breathtaking. Congratulations on finding such a beauty!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: True diamond perfection!!! It's beyond fabulous. Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy!:appl:

briolette

Shiny_Rock
It's so perfect! I love how you chose a setting that really lets the stone sing!

lizzydm26

Shiny_Rock
WOW WOW WOW!! It is stunning!!

I am glad you were able to get it set in the second setting. It looks amazing, and I am sure you are happy to get that baby on your finger!

Congratulations on the new ring!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, your diamond is perfection. I love everything about it. Please share many more photos!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it's absolutely gorgeous!!! Congrats on "the one!"

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! Yes, here is a link to a video I took before it was set (in between the setting it came in and the one it’s in).

I could watch this all day
love your setting choice, too!

heck- between looking at your cluster and your soli
i don’t know how one could get a thing done.
they both are supreme
enjoy!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh my goodness, your diamond is perfection. I love everything about it. Please share many more photos!

Here is a video of colors under a tree:

Here’s a video that Eragem sent to me before they shipped it to me:

Here’s another side view.

CFC323E8-3E30-4E3D-9D22-629CB644CE9B.jpeg

Here’s a comparison of my previous diamond (which I sold when I got my cluster) and this current one. I love the OEC faceting so much more!!!

(The slightly flattened parts of the tops and bottoms of the stones are only in the border of the collage picture, not on the actual diamonds.)

E012A35D-9D2E-4B22-8808-0CA9CF3901BB.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results