shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW OEC of my dreams is on my finger! (5.48 ct M VS1)

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I searched and searched, and I found it! This 5.48 ct (GIA M VS1) true antique old European cut diamond makes my heart sing! With a 51% table and a depth of 64.7%, it has both the chunky flower pattern I wanted AND the lovely architecture of a high crown. It’s 11.04 x 11.06 x 7.15mm. I found it at Eragem in a setting that wasn’t what I wanted, and they let me return the setting for a partial refund. Here is the picture from Eragem that made me fall in love with the diamond.

912C04C3-7401-4F6F-A5ED-C4BF47569CCA.jpeg

Here’s a circle crop of that picture:

F1114C1A-697A-4AC8-AD5C-8E1B55541212.jpeg

Here are some pictures I took when it was unset:

B1C9B334-70EB-4A8A-BFBB-A514BDEE0F0A.jpeg

E7BFAC64-63D1-46D9-B355-674982D7CD11.jpeg

I have had some setbacks with the setting. I had it made by jewelryhoo. They had made settings for me for my previous diamond solitaire. I ordered this one in white gold, and it proved to be a difficult alloy for setters, as I’ve had to have two made because the first one was destroyed during attempted setting. I went to a different setter for the second one. He’s an amazing goldsmith, and the diamond is secure in the prongs, but he had to do all kinds of weird things to the insides of the prongs to trick them into meeting the diamond, and I don’t like what I see when I look with a loupe. For this reason, I’m considering this setting to be temporary. When we recover a bit from spending so much on the stone, I’ll have a custom setting made, and I’ll go with platinum. For now, I’m thrilled to be able to wear this diamond of my dreams!

396522A9-C190-44F2-824F-2AEBE0326507.jpeg
E2364CAE-7D3E-4A42-B291-FEA7BC10BC3E.jpeg

Engaged vs. married (I’m quite married), indoors:

DA2A6758-FAAD-4DCB-8307-5D0ED399151C.jpeg

Outside, under a tree: 0ACFC693-1E8B-43E0-BE6A-EB15A203441E.jpeg

Side view:

8E4AC87F-900E-49B6-810B-E9B3D08719CA.jpeg

I love it!!!

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing! I'm so glad you found "the one" !

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
That stone is PHENOMENAL, @Tourmaline !!!!❤️❤️❤️❤️
Glad you’re able to resolve the setting issues albeit temporarily.
Cant wait to see her forever setting though. Meanwhile, enjoy that honker in good healthy and blingy joy!!

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
DROP DEAD GORGEOUS!!! Wow, I love the faceting on that stone and the way it throws pastel flashes.
I’m speechless. It is to die for and looks perfect and at home on your finger.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!! Love the high crown! So happy you found one you love!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Amazing! I'm so glad you found "the one" !

Thank you!

That stone is PHENOMENAL, @Tourmaline !!!!❤️❤️❤️❤️
Glad you’re able to resolve the setting issues albeit temporarily.
Cant wait to see her forever setting though. Meanwhile, enjoy that honker in good healthy and blingy joy!!

Thank you!

DROP DEAD GORGEOUS!!! Wow, I love the faceting on that stone and the way it throws pastel flashes.
I’m speechless. It is to die for and looks perfect and at home on your finger.

Thank you!

Beautiful!!! Love the high crown! So happy you found one you love!

Thank you!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your stone is out of this world beautiful. Just stunning. I can’t think of a thing I would change.

Regarding the mount - I remember the prior issues. No alloy of white gold should be problematic when we’re talking about a simple mount like this, as long as the mount is well made (non-porous, well-cast, prongs stable at the base, properly shaped, correctly angled, and appropriately-sized). Given the skill you credit this jeweller with, it seems the challenges associated with the setting process are due largely to the mount manufacture itself. Please regularly inspect this temporary mount to ensure your beautiful stone is secure!!

I look forward to your final mount!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Incredible!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Your stone is out of this world beautiful. Just stunning. I can’t think of a thing I would change.

Regarding the mount - I remember the prior issues. No alloy of white gold should be problematic when we’re talking about a simple mount like this, as long as the mount is well made (non-porous, well-cast, prongs properly shaped and correctly angled and appropriately-sized). Given the skill you credit this jeweller with, it seems the challenges associated with the setting process are likely due largely to the mount manufacture itself. Please regularly inspect this temporary mount to ensure your beautiful stone is secure!!

I look forward to your final mount!

Thank you. Yes, perhaps it is. Going the inexpensive route didn’t work. I will certainly keep an eye on it while it’s in this setting.

Incredible!

Thank you!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That crown is swoon worthy! So glad you found a diamond that you live!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that diamond is incredible! Huge and sparkling & so clean! It is amazing!

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous and so sparkly. :love: Congratulations!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This. Is. Everything!!! Congrats!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a beauty! Congrats!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
:clap: That stone is Mesmerizing!!! It’s perfect! :clap:

Thank you!

That crown is swoon worthy! So glad you found a diamond that you live!

Thanks!

Wow that diamond is incredible! Huge and sparkling & so clean! It is amazing!

Thank you!

Absolutely gorgeous and so sparkly. :love: Congratulations!

Thanks!

This. Is. Everything!!! Congrats!

Thanks!!

That's a beauty! Congrats!

Thank you!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
It’s so stunning! Congrats on your beautiful diamond!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous stone! So glad you found the ‘one’, wear it in good health!!!

klrrrr

Shiny_Rock
Unreal stone, it looks just right on your finger!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s an absolutely amazing diamond. I love everything about it and that crown is delicious! Congratulations on your dream diamond!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those bubbly facets are my favorite kind for OECs. Congratulations on an amazing find. She is such a beauty!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
WOWZA! I've been waiting for this post! Congrats on getting that stunner on your finger. Can you please post some video?

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
WOWZA! I've been waiting for this post! Congrats on getting that stunner on your finger. Can you please post some video?

Thanks! Yes, here is a link to a video I took before it was set (in between the setting it came in and the one it’s in).

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! Yes, here is a link to a video I took before it was set (in between the setting it came in and the one it’s in).

:kiss2: Look at those facets!

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
Drop dead gorgeous!! I love the faceting. Enjoy your beautiful new goodie

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Mounting snafu aside, it's such a beautiful stone I actually love the simplicity of the mount design in any event.
It's. Just. Facets.:love:

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Fantastic stone! I'm a fan of that very same facet pattern...just gorgeous! Under the tree on a sunny day lets an oec's magic really come through! Great picture!
Congrats on a beautiful stone and I hope you will get the setting of your dreams for it soon!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Those beautiful pastels! I’m in love! It really shines freed from it’s former setting. So beautiful!!!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results