shape
carat
color
clarity

OEC folks, stuller setting

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Still indecisive about setting my oec 7mm. What about this one? Someone posted their oec set in this recently, and I thought it looked good.

stuller.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a stuller setting?! God I'm in love with that setting!

What color metal???

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Torn between white gold and platinum. The platinum is under 1k. Of course, the white gold is really cheap. I am hoping that the quality is good. I know that many local jewelers use them.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
whats your stone again?

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I think that's a beautiful setting! :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, wow!!! :o Gosh, I like that a lot!!!

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks all. Your opinions mean a lot.
N, I have a 7mm oec. I'll post my thread about it.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holey moley, not sure how I never saw this Stuller setting before, but it is gorgeous - really really love it!

eta: OP, if you know the Style # for that Stuller setting, would you mind sharing?

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that's a beautiful stock setting and would suit an OEC perfectly!

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
M, it is #122004. You can see it online, which you probably know.
A 7mm is not a stock item. Wonder how long it will take to get it.
I was leaning toward this setting and think all the positive comments will get me all the way there. Thanks.

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
I love it!!! I like how it looks vintage/modern at the same time. :bigsmile:

We are definitely on the same page because that looks so similar to the antique 10 prong I am using for inspiration. We may have ring twins. Or at least cousins. ;-)

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
V, my ring will be the little sister. Your diamond is so huge.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice setting!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i saw you were looking at other metals other that White, have you scrapped that idea?

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AnnaH|1367632789|3440007 said:
M, it is #122004. You can see it online, which you probably know.
A 7mm is not a stock item. Wonder how long it will take to get it.
I was leaning toward this setting and think all the positive comments will get me all the way there. Thanks.

Thank you for posting the style number... I'm intrigued there is also a version for oval stones too.

For sure I think this Stuller setting and your 7mm OEC will be a perfect pairing no matter which metal you select - I look forward to see your pics of the finished ring!

GoldFish8

Shiny_Rock
That setting is AWESOME!!! I am shocked that I have never seen it before... I am totally swooning over the rose gold variation.. even the yellow gold is so yum! :love:

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, everyone.
N, I love the two-tone look, but it looks like I can best achieve that with a wedding band, or maybe two bands.

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful and regal. Love it! :love:

cabbitstarr

Rough_Rock
That setting is BEAUTIFUL. I think it would be so appropriate for your OEC.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I really like that setting and your oec is gorgeous!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful setting for your gorgeous OEC Anna. I would choose platinum because that is a classic metal for an ER. I love the patina of platinum and you don't need to do anything to replate or anything.

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
That type of shank will be very comfortable to wear. No matter what metal you choose, it will be a very pretty ring.

summerlove6

Rough_Rock
Hi Anna! Wow, I'm flattered!! Your OEC is absolutely amazing. I think it would look gorgeous in this setting.

I chose this setting in 14K white gold because my budget was as little $ as possible. My local jeweler ordered it and it shipped to him overnight, it is the 6.5mm. I was very impressed by the quality of the setting for the money, although it is very thin and light especially compared to my old platinum trellis setting. I am usually a size six but I had to size down to a 5.75 because of the thinness of the shank. I love that is thin, it definitely puts the diamond on center stage and even my husband loves that it looks like it is floating above my finger. In regards to the metal, I was reading about Stuller's platinum and it seems that it is slightly magnetic which may or may not be an issue for your local jeweler (http://www.stuller.com/articles/view/important-platinum-information/).

I look forward to seeing your stone set. It will look amazing no matter what you choose!!

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the platinum info, S. I would never have known about that. Interesting. I haven't yet decided between gold or platinum. I know platinum is heavier. Maybe that would make the setting seem more substantial. However, I have always worn gold rings, so I might not notice the lightness like you did.
Thanks all for the compliments.

DevinG

Rough_Rock
That setting is very pretty! I saw that on their site and was considering it in rose gold for my 7.5mm H&A, But decided that the shank at the shoulders was a bit too thin for my liking.

sixbillionstars

Rough_Rock
That setting is lovely! I love the head. I would go with platinum or unplated white gold but any metal would be beautiful with that design.

deeceeg

Rough_Rock
Hi Anna! I just got my 9.4mm RB set in this setting last week and LOVE it! My jeweler made a few small modifications (shaving down prongs) but I'm so pleased with it. Also, it doesn't list it on the site, but I ordered Palladium and love this metal. Here are a few pics...hope this helps!

_6176.jpg

_6177.jpg

_6178.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahh deeceeg, I thought it was possible this was your setting! I think it is beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results