Odd diamonds you have found

david b

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I think it will be magnificent as a diamonds Halo pendant

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry for the very delayed response here!

I picked up a darling little cushion from JA as well - they'll be shipping together. I will definitely post pictures when they come in! :kiss2:

A tie pin would be the perfect use for this stone!! If only the other half wasn't so completely anti-sparkle! :nono:
I do have a couple of bigger projects I'd like to get through before prices go up again - so I'll most likely just sit on these little fellows for a while. Hopefully they find my bank more comfortable than JA's vaults, I suppose :bigsmile:

Awesome! I am totally in favor of it when you do 'bigger projects'! Care to share even a teensy bit about what you have planned?

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
6B739457-45C9-4EE0-99C5-115A783F39CE.jpeg
I love the skinny marquis shape! Love that diamond because of its uniqueness. My topaz ring features a super skinny marquis which is just a lot of fun due to the dramatic shape. Here’s an image of it, just as another example of such a shaped stone worn as a ring.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
3F2D3A35-B6DD-494F-A656-C9940AE14D6A.jpeg
Though again not a diamond, I’m posting these for shapes alone..... another skinny marquis ring. Imagine a diamond in the place of the tourmaline.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, to update this thread - I have to admit that I sent both diamonds back :(sad

The marquise’s outline was adorable! But... the sparkle just wasn’t there, and I couldn’t bring myself to forgive its absence in a modern shape. I would LOVE a rose cut marquise with those proportions - though setting such a stone would be rather terrifying!

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I may be being daft... but why is that diamond 'odd'?

Looks good to me!

It’s nearly as thick as it is wide and The steps look lop sided to me

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
552EE89A-06D9-4B83-8015-4ACCDE63A26B.png

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s nearly as thick as it is wide and The steps look lop sided to me
I think it's not quite completely face-on!

I quite like it, though :lol: It seems to perform better than many I've seen for sale from BN and JA!

IIRC @Karl_K designed an ultra-deep asscher that actually worked - something like 80%?? I can picture the crazy side profile in my head but I've no idea where the picture is. lol

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
IIRC @Karl_K designed an ultra-deep asscher that actually worked - something like 80%?? I can picture the crazy side profile in my head but I've no idea where the picture is. lol
Actually its around 76% depth with a very small table and a 20%+ crown height.
A 70% table and 70%+ depth is a totally different thing.
What is interesting is that deep asschers with large tables will often look better tilted than face up.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's not quite completely face-on!

I quite like it, though :lol: It seems to perform better than many I've seen for sale from BN and JA!

It’s not an asscher. It’s an emerald cut o_O

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s not an asscher. It’s an emerald cut o_O
Isn't the only difference (in the eyes of GIA) that one has a keel and one has a point or a culet? lol

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Isn't the only difference (in the eyes of GIA) that one has a keel and one has a point or a culet? lol

It’s a L/W ratio of 1.07 that makes it an emerald and a low fair to poorly cut one

I think. IDK. This was with the emeralds and not the asschers.

No one buy it! Lol.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see the 15 yrs too!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Call me oddball, but I actually like that cushion! Then again, I am the happy owner of a super shallow open culet faint brown M with an indented natural in the corner so I freely admit my taste in diamonds runs toward the wackadoodle... :cheeky:

Go for it Dee*Jay! I can tend to like "different" stones/jewelry on occasion. I like that certain pieces/stones are unique. Doesnt matter if anyone else
likes them as long as I do!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What would you call this cut?

oval.jpg
Cut for maximum colour retention and therefore highest grading and subsequent value, facet patterns be damned, I would say!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results