shape
carat
color
clarity

Odd diamonds you have found

mrs-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry for the very delayed response here!

I picked up a darling little cushion from JA as well - they'll be shipping together. I will definitely post pictures when they come in! :kiss2:

A tie pin would be the perfect use for this stone!! If only the other half wasn't so completely anti-sparkle! :nono:
I do have a couple of bigger projects I'd like to get through before prices go up again - so I'll most likely just sit on these little fellows for a while. Hopefully they find my bank more comfortable than JA's vaults, I suppose :bigsmile:

Awesome! I am totally in favor of it when you do 'bigger projects'! Care to share even a teensy bit about what you have planned?

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
6B739457-45C9-4EE0-99C5-115A783F39CE.jpeg
I love the skinny marquis shape! Love that diamond because of its uniqueness. My topaz ring features a super skinny marquis which is just a lot of fun due to the dramatic shape. Here’s an image of it, just as another example of such a shaped stone worn as a ring.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
3F2D3A35-B6DD-494F-A656-C9940AE14D6A.jpeg
Though again not a diamond, I’m posting these for shapes alone..... another skinny marquis ring. Imagine a diamond in the place of the tourmaline.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, to update this thread - I have to admit that I sent both diamonds back :(sad

The marquise’s outline was adorable! But... the sparkle just wasn’t there, and I couldn’t bring myself to forgive its absence in a modern shape. I would LOVE a rose cut marquise with those proportions - though setting such a stone would be rather terrifying!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s nearly as thick as it is wide and The steps look lop sided to me
I think it's not quite completely face-on!

I quite like it, though :lol: It seems to perform better than many I've seen for sale from BN and JA!

IIRC @Karl_K designed an ultra-deep asscher that actually worked - something like 80%?? I can picture the crazy side profile in my head but I've no idea where the picture is. lol

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IIRC @Karl_K designed an ultra-deep asscher that actually worked - something like 80%?? I can picture the crazy side profile in my head but I've no idea where the picture is. lol
Actually its around 76% depth with a very small table and a 20%+ crown height.
A 70% table and 70%+ depth is a totally different thing.
What is interesting is that deep asschers with large tables will often look better tilted than face up.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's not quite completely face-on!

I quite like it, though :lol: It seems to perform better than many I've seen for sale from BN and JA!

It’s not an asscher. It’s an emerald cut o_O

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s not an asscher. It’s an emerald cut o_O
Isn't the only difference (in the eyes of GIA) that one has a keel and one has a point or a culet? lol

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Isn't the only difference (in the eyes of GIA) that one has a keel and one has a point or a culet? lol

It’s a L/W ratio of 1.07 that makes it an emerald and a low fair to poorly cut one

I think. IDK. This was with the emeralds and not the asschers.

No one buy it! Lol.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see the 15 yrs too!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Call me oddball, but I actually like that cushion! Then again, I am the happy owner of a super shallow open culet faint brown M with an indented natural in the corner so I freely admit my taste in diamonds runs toward the wackadoodle... :cheeky:

Go for it Dee*Jay! I can tend to like "different" stones/jewelry on occasion. I like that certain pieces/stones are unique. Doesnt matter if anyone else
likes them as long as I do!

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Buying or Selling Pre-Loved Jewelry
    Buying or Selling Pre-Loved Jewelry
    Jewels of the Week: July 2021
    Jewels of the Week: July 2021
    Throwback Thursdays: July 2021
    Throwback Thursdays: July 2021

Holloway Cut Advisor