shape
carat
color
clarity

Odd diamonds you have found

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’d buy two smaller pears and make an awesome cross pendant.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@whitewave
I LOVE this stone. Thank you for finding it.
Are you planning to purchase it?

Edit - I put it on hold, but will happily release the hold to you if you are interested in it - just don’t want a lurker to snatch it up ::)

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@whitewave

Edit - I put it on hold, but will happily release the hold to you if you are interested in it - just don’t want a lurker to snatch it up ::)

Be my guest, but post lots of pics when you get it!! What are you thinking for it? I see it as a lariat necklace

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie it’s not showing as on hold

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
it is when I go there. Maybe it takes a bit to 'go through'?

@yssie! What are you going to do with it? It's super funky!!

(I vote for haloing it, setting it east/west, and attaching a chain at each point to make a pendant!)

@mrs-b what is the average size of those stones in your pic that you have made into earrings? TIA

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry @whitewave - which ones? The clusters or the drops? Or the pearl and diamond drops?

ETA D'oh - sorry! The ones in my avatar pic? From the top down, they're .3, .1, .32, .1, .5. Did you see the longer version I changed them into? They're MUCH prettier, I think!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Paid. Mine. ::) Absolutely NO plans or ideas for it. It might make a good bracelet stone - long, skinny, shallow...

I actually hugely dislike things around my neck - scarves, pullover sweaters, necklaces - it is, according to the other half, his only respite in terms of my diamond habit :bigsmile:

Thanks for sharing this one @whitewave! Or maybe I should be blaming you? Buying a diamond was not on today's agenda! ::)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Paid. Mine. ::) Absolutely NO plans or ideas for it. It might make a good bracelet stone - long, skinny, shallow...

I actually hugely dislike things around my neck - scarves, pullover sweaters, necklaces - it is, according to the other half, his only respite in terms of my diamond habit :bigsmile:

Thanks for sharing this one @whitewave! Or maybe I should be blaming you? Buying a diamond was not on today's agenda! ::)

I am the turtleneck queen! My winter uniform here in Boston is black cashmere turtleneck, black cords, black suede boots, black Elizabeth and James shoulder bag. I have at least 10 black cashmere sweaters. My creativity dies in the bum in winter.

And great pick up on the diamond! I'll love seeing what you do with it!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hahaha sorry!! Please please please post lots of pics so we can see how it moves in person.

@mrs-b I did see! I want to start collecting small stones and love what you did with yours

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hahaha sorry!! Please please please post lots of pics so we can see how it moves in person.

@mrs-b I did see! I want to start collecting small stones and love what you did with yours

Let me know if there's anything I can do for you to help; I was really pleased with how those turned out and they're incredibly wearable.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg @yssie I'm so excited that someone bought it! Such an unusual and cool stone. I've grown to love Marquis stones because of the coverage/size they give. I think e/w pendent would be amazing, but of course not if you don't like necklaces. Can't wait to see what you decide!

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I really like the idea of a bracelet stone!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let me know if there's anything I can do for you to help; I was really pleased with how those turned out and they're incredibly wearable.

Thanks. This is several projects down the road. But I have contemplated ending the row with marquise. Not sure. I LOVE LOVE LOVE dangle earrings.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd do something like these, but with the stone set E-W.
2387_2_1024x1024.jpeg mar_b-19_rg-mo-cd_large.jpg

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
What a random and lovely thread! :)

You know those unusual rings where you have a ring and then a chain from the ring to go to your wrist for a bracelet? I see that marquise in the middle of that chain, because it's so long and thin. The video of it is very pretty and lively!

Actually I'm not sure I've ever seen someone wear one of those ring bracelet things in real life, but if necklaces are out... I dunno it just sprung to mind. :shock: A normal bracelet would probably be better... :shifty:Perhaps placed in a bezel in a simple bangle, orientation your choice. It does seem a little long and thin to be a ring, but perhaps it would be perfect for one!

Oooh what will you do with it? o_O:mrgreen2:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about a hairpin? Or men's tie clip?

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@whitewave

Oh can’t wait to see photos when it comes in! Such a fun marquise

david b

Shiny_Rock
Trade
It was probably a long piece of rough diamond that the cutter decided to do in one big piece instead of two small Pear diamonds.
I see it is not available now.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
It was probably a long piece of rough diamond that the cutter decided to do in one big piece instead of two small Pear diamonds.
I see it is not available now.
It was very rapidly bought by @yssie when she saw this thread. :D She has been trying to decide what to do with it.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry for the very delayed response here!

I picked up a darling little cushion from JA as well - they'll be shipping together. I will definitely post pictures when they come in! :kiss2:

A tie pin would be the perfect use for this stone!! If only the other half wasn't so completely anti-sparkle! :nono:
I do have a couple of bigger projects I'd like to get through before prices go up again - so I'll most likely just sit on these little fellows for a while. Hopefully they find my bank more comfortable than JA's vaults, I suppose :bigsmile:

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results