shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending good thoughts for you @MamaBee and I have everything crossed for the house. I’m so hoping you get your dream home.

Thinking of you and your family @canuk-gal. I’m so glad the weather has been getting better and you are able to get out and enjoy it. The trees are slowly beginning to get leaves here now. Things are finally starting to get green again! My yard needs a lot of work. DH gets a deer in headlights look on his face everytime I tell him how much I think it’s all going to cost. LOL.

@Austina, You look beautiful in your pictures. I love your hat! I‘m glad you decided to get a new car. Anyone would be frustrated with what you have been going thru with this car.

@marcy, I can’t believe you are able to lift so soon. i was shocked when you said how much weight you are lifting. It sounds like the ”full” time job is going well. Your pictures are gorgeous!

I hope all is going well with you and your family @junebug17. Anything new and exciting with you?

Hi @mrs-b!

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
We got the house!!! We just have to sign some things on Docusign. Of course S isn’t home. I
want to have everything signed! OMG!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone..I’m a wreck…@missy My blood pressure is spiking again. I came here to see what yours was when you said it also spiked. I hope yours is staying low..S told me to stop taking my blood pressure when I‘m nervous. Considering all the stuff I have on my plate right now..gum surgery…out of town relatives trying to visit my mom here…THE HOUSE…. :oops2: I guess I should stay away from taking it altogether..Mine has been good…except for today when I could actually feel myself getting worked up..I could feel myself trembling..Have you been taking yours?

I stopped taking it after I saw the nephrologist whose specialty is HTN. He did tell me to take it a few times a week but oops. I have not taken it since I saw him two (?) weeks ago. I hear you. When I get nervous/excited/ it goes through the roof. It was 170/101 at the rheumatologist's office and I did not even feel nervous at all during that visit since I've known him for three decades or more.

So sorry about your upcoming gum surgery. I hope it goes very well. And fingers and toes crossed for your new house to become yours for real!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We got the house!!! We just have to sign some things on Docusign. Of course S isn’t home. I

OMG OMG!!!!! YAY!!!!! I didn't read the whole thread. Just the first post you made!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!

happy-jumping-for-joy.gif

Wishing you a lifetime of joy and happiness and so much love in your new home Joanne. I am so happy for you!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG OMG!!!!! YAY!!!!! I didn't read the whole thread. Just the first post you made!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!

Thank you! It’s ratified by all parties!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

happy-jumping-for-joy.gif

Wishing you a lifetime of joy and happiness and so much love in your new home Joanne. I am so happy for you!!

+ a billion!!! CONGRATS!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so happy you were successful!! Now you have 3 houses!!! When do you take possession?
We have to get the one in Maryland ready for sale. We have to keep it until we can move in so we can transfer some of the furniture. We will keep the house in Pa as long as my mom is with us. We can bring her here for visits once a month after we move to Va.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have to get the one in Maryland ready for sale. We have to keep it until we can move in so we can transfer some of the furniture. We will keep the house in Pa as long as my mom is with us. We can bring her here for visits once a month after we move to Va.

I see lots of work in your future!! LOL Moving is stressful.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I love the saying, 'What is meant for you won't miss you.' Now you know that house was meant for you.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!

@missy sorry to hear about your neighbours wet basement. Unfortunately we've lived that experience. Such a drag. Stay dry!

We went for an early bike ride--it was very warm quite early. DH had calls and zoom meeting this afternoon so it worked out. I go to work tomorrow for the first time in a month! I'm sure I've forgotten what to do and my passwords. LOL.

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

@MamaBee I am so sorry you are waiting and your BP is spiking. I can always tell when mine is high, you feel different and stress and worry certainly do a number on me. Also, anger, sugar and wine. I hope you get an acceptance notice soon so you can put all this behind you. Take care of yourself. Admire your beautiful jewelry.

@Austina my podcast has 75 views. People will be stopping me on the street to take selfies with me. :lol: WTH still no news on the car. You deserve to relax by the pool today. I can see why you have a headache over it. I hope that goes away.

@missy yes those bam and your sneezing moments are not fun. I am so miserable when all the trees start blooming here, it's not my favorite time of the year. I am having a good week. I was happy to get a good selfie of me today too. Marty took some shots this weekend but he's so much taller than I am, I never like the angle. I wanted a better - or more recent picture - for my podcasts. So dozens of people will see what I look like. Good luck with your appointments tomorrow. That is too bad about the flooding, what a relief your place didn't flood. Our basement flooded once at our old house. It ruined a lot of things. Then the foundation cracked on another wall and leaked water. Nothing was in that area though.

Not much new with me today. I researched exercises to help carpal tunnel so did them last night. i also wrapped some of that self-stick medical / vet tape around my wrist and never had any pain of tingling sleeping last night. Strange, as soon as I took it off this morning, I felt some tingling. Tonight I'll just try the tape and see if I get the same results.

I worked eight hours and now I'm going to goof off.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee I didn't go to the last page. Congratulations!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Calliecake I hope you are doing well. Luckily, dead lifts seem easy on my wrist. Those presses darn near knock me over. I think it's more a sense of being determined than smart ha ha.

@canuk-gal that will be tough going back to work after being gone for a month. I hope it's a smooth day for you. That's great you guys went for a bike ride today.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Woohooooo!!!! @MamaBee, I can’t tell you how thrilled I am you got the house, all systems go! When you have time, I’d love to hear more about it, it’s so exciting that it’s all happening. I’ve always believed if it was meant to be, it would happen.

It’s a really great photo of you @marcy, you’ll have to get used to the autograph hunters stopping you in the street :lol: That’s interesting that the tape helped you sleep better, sounds like your wrist still needs some support.

Glad the weather co-operated and you were able to ride early @canuk-gal but boo to working tomorrow.

Hi @rainwood, hope all is well with you.

Thanks @Calliecake, I’m actually starting to feel ill with all this palaver. Colin keeps reminding me it’s a lump of metal, but I can’t help worrying, I just wish it was settled.

No word from the escalated case manager or the garage - what a surprise!

We just went to pick up some BBQ, thought we’d give our local place a try.

Other than that my BP is up and I’ve got another headache :roll2:

Going to try and relax now, and put the IPad away.

Love and hugs to you all :wavey:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello lovelies

Woohooooo!!!! @MamaBee, I can’t tell you how thrilled I am you got the house, all systems go! When you have time, I’d love to hear more about it, it’s so exciting that it’s all happening. I’ve always believed if it was meant to be, it would happen.

It’s a really great photo of you @marcy, you’ll have to get used to the autograph hunters stopping you in the street :lol: That’s interesting that the tape helped you sleep better, sounds like your wrist still needs some support.

Glad the weather co-operated and you were able to ride early @canuk-gal but boo to working tomorrow.

Hi @rainwood, hope all is well with you.

Thanks @Calliecake, I’m actually starting to feel ill with all this palaver. Colin keeps reminding me it’s a lump of metal, but I can’t help worrying, I just wish it was settled.

No word from the escalated case manager or the garage - what a surprise!

We just went to pick up some BBQ, thought we’d give our local place a try.

Other than that my BP is up and I’ve got another headache :roll2:

Going to try and relax now, and put the IPad away.

Love and hugs to you all :wavey:

Thank you @Austina!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy wonderful Wednesday!

@Austina I am so sorry for this huge headache you are dealing with and hope it gets resolved soon. This is quite ludicrous. Thank you for the kind words about my sweet niece and yes, we are so proud of her...not only is she super athletic she is super bright too. I mean she is brilliant. And the kindest hearted sweetest most generous person. Sorry I should not be bragging as that is not flattering but she is a marvel in every way.

@MamaBee let me know when the housewarming party is and we shall bring lots of yummy things to eat and maybe a cat for you too (Oliver meowwww)...:lol: Seriously super happy for you and honestly you know I knew this was meant to be and now it will be woohoo!!! This was meant to be your forever home :kiss2:

@canuk-gal glad you got to enjoy cycling...we did cycle yesterday too but got caught (we knew we would based on the radar) in a quick shower which was freezing because the temps are below normal this week. But hey we got to cycle so it's all good. Today is another chilly day with shower risks but we are cycling unless the rain becomes heavy before we leave. Good luck today at work!!! The first day back from vacation always gave me the jitters but I am weird that way lol. Hope it goes smoothly for you and I bet they all missed you too!

@marcy I hope your exercises and wrapping helps your wrist and your pain goes away very soon. Thanks for the good wishes on our appointments. They went well bu the healthcare professional was downplaying the potential law changes and I do think it will affect us greatly but time will tell. Don't work too hard today and have a good day

@mrs-b hope all is going well

@bling_dream19 thinking of you

@Slickk happy May... Before we know it will be June and summer will be here and so will vacation

@springerspaniel hope you are having a wonderful week and all is going smoothly

Hello to everyone else. Hope all is well. We cycled yesterday and it was chilly especially because we got wet in the first hour of our ride but after that it dried up (though still many flooded areas including our main trail out to the sea) and the ride was good despite the colder temps. Our appointments went well and I have a few days off til my next one with Greg's cardiologist next week. Today we plan on cycling again despite another rain chance and colder temps. All par for the course. If we waited for purrrrrfect weather we would rarely cycle here in the NE

And what a TREAT yesterday. We saw a momma fox and her five kits. OMG so precious in every way. It made me nervous how she wasn't scared of people and I hope and pray she and her babies remain safe and sound

Screen Shot 2023-05-03 at 6.40.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-03 at 6.40.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-03 at 6.40.41 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-03 at 6.41.15 AM.png

Enjoy, have a wonderful Wednesday and be well!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Austina sadly my one day success story of tape on my wrist, did not repeat itself. I ripped the tape off at about 2 a.m. Then trying a soft wrist support that seemed to make it worse. I guess I’ll get my splint out from the doctor if it gets bad tonight, I’ll try that. Oh well, I tried. I walked over to get our mail and not a single person tried to get my autograph or take a picture of me. I remain anonymous so far. Ha Ha. How frustrating on your car. I can see why your BP is up and you have a headache. Was the BBQ place good? That does sound quite tasty.

@MamaBee I am so excited for you.

@missy of course your niece (nieces) are amazing - they are related to you. I’m so happy they are enjoying life. I am glad your appointments went well and I hope the new law changes don’t impact you. I’m still waiting on a BP renewal. You may remember, the assistant for my doctor is ultra - shall I say lame? - and Walgreens contacted them this weekend for a renewal. Not a word yet. I figured either they’d renew it (it hasn’t been a year since my last appointment) or they’d call me and say I need an appointment. I’ll give them until tomorrow afternoon before I call. you got to cycle even though you got wet. That’s great you got to cycle but boo to getting rained on - especially since it was cold rain. That sounds like what we get here. I was stunned when I was in a heavy rainstorm in Florida and it got hotter. I’m like, huh? How does that happen? Sadly, as I mentioned to @Austina, I didn’t fare too well last night with my hand/wrist. I did have a bit of cocoa this morning to try and stay away. How sweet to see a family of foxes.

I was going to try another podcast today, but was too tired to try. I just updated some stuff. I’m waiting until Marty heads to the gym to go lift.

I thawed out some filet for Sunday and we never ate them, so I’d best cook them for supper or they’ll need thrown out. Yay, some leftovers in the freezer for me. I was going to grill one on Monday and the darn gas grill was on fire. We’d cooked ribeyes and a sirloin cap this weekend with lots of fat on them so it must have been the grease from that. Even after I shut the three burners off, the fire was still going. I called Marty - what do I do? I threw a glass of water on it and it went out okay and was contained in the grill, but I don’t care to repeat that.

Take care.
Marcy

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Brag away @missy, in this day and age, it’s lovely to hear of such sweet, accomplished young people, who will be making a big contribution to society. Sorry you got wet on your ride yesterday, when we were in SC it rained, but it was warm so didn’t seem so bad. Awwww to the lovely foxes, I’ve never seen that many kits with a vixen.

Phooey @marcy, I’m sorry that your wrist still needs support, I hate to think of you still dealing with this. The BBQ was lovely, juicy tender brisket, and really meaty ribs. We’d definitely buy from them again, we wouldn’t go to eat there, it’s a dive, but the food was very tasty :lol:

I hope everything is underway for your house purchase @MamaBee

Did some cleaning and then enjoyed the garden and pool this afternoon.

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs are well :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy terrific Thursday!

@Austina thank you. That is very lovely of you to say. My sister and BIL are doing a wonderful job with the girls. They truly are kind, compassionate, generous and loving individuals who are going to give back to society and make a difference. I know it. Speaking of rain on the ride we had a brief shower yesterday but it was much shorter than the day before and it was a good ride. Glad you got to enjoy the pool and garden yesterday. Very nice

@MamaBee I hope you are still over the moon thrilled and we all are for you. So so wonderful and I am still jumping up and down with joy for you

@marcy I am very sorry about your wrist and hope it starts feeling better very soon. Umm yeah no to fires. Very scary and I have been there too. I shouldn't really be in the kitchen though. I tend to be absent minded and dangerous around flames. I hope the leftovers were yummy. Thank you for your kind comments about my nieces. And yes after it rains here it is usually freezing. Florida is a different animal lol. Hope you wake feeling much better today Marcy

@Slickk hope your week is going well

@bling_dream19 hope you are enjoying a good week

Hi everyone else. We had a good cycling day yesterday and ran into our neighbors while we were in the national park almost on our way home yesterday but not quite. It was funny seeing them there. And despite just seeing them (we see them almost every day we cycle) we stopped and had a 30 minute chat lol. And by that time drizzle had started so we headed home but it never really rained hard thank goodness

Jenny was like hey there stop say hi don't go wait a minute come give me love
Screen Shot 2023-05-04 at 7.15.58 AM.png

So we did

Screen Shot 2023-05-04 at 7.16.18 AM.png

Enjoy a terrific Thursday lovely ladies. Much love

Screen Shot 2023-05-04 at 7.17.30 AM.png

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

@Austina I chuckled that the BBQ place was such a dive, they often have the best food. It's easy enough to just get take out though. We only have on BBQ place here and it's just okay. Good brisket and ribs sound great. There is a place we go in Colorado that is really good plus they have great cornbread muffins as well. We bottle waddle out of there when we are done. I am so glad you are enjoying your pool. It's even a lovely spring day here as well. More on my wrist / hand below and I'm not happy to have problems now almost two months after being released from the doctor. The most likely explanation is Marcy overdoing it. Shocking!

@missy looks like you had fun and company on cycling adventure yesterday. All those fur babies must be excited to see you and Greg coming, because they know they are going to get some attention. As you mentioned to @Austina your sister and BIL are doing a wonderful job with your nieces and it shows. Attentive and supportive parents make a huge difference. LOL that we both are dangerous on our feet (or on a bike), in the kitchen and with a knife. What can we say? It's not like we get hurt intentionally. And yes, I am better today - see below what I did. Of course, I only have collected data from two nights now.

I got my second podcast done other than cutting a segment out of it where I goofed so I just did that section again. Marty will have to show me what to do. Then I'm golden. Full steam ahead. I can't wait to be the next famous podcaster. Not!!!
:lol:

I dug out a smaller brace that Marty picked up for me the day I broke my wrist and put it on about midnight when my hand, wrist and thumb started calling me names. I made it the rest of the night without having it yell at me, other than everything was stiff and needed wiggling a bit.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls and happy FriYAY!!

@marcy glad your wrist and thumb are behaving and not yelling at you. And yes lol I am a klutz with a capital K but I try! Let's both try staying out of trouble ok? And may your healing continue and may each day bring you closer to 100%

@Slickk woohoo the weekend is almost here and it's supposed to be a beautiful weather weekend fingers crossed

@bling_dream19 yay it is friYAY our favorite day next to Caturday Saturday...enjoy a friYAY filled with yay

Hi everyone else. We enjoyed a hike yesterday as it was raining most of the day. We had a good hike and today hoping we can go cycling despite a rain chance again but hopefully less so than yesterday. Everything is so GREEN now. Especially through the rain...

Screen Shot 2023-05-05 at 7.38.29 AM.png

And the flowers are popping everywhere...during our hike it was so pretty

Screen Shot 2023-05-05 at 7.38.16 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-05 at 7.38.10 AM.png

Have a beautiful friYAY lovely ladies. XOXO

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi girls! I hope you all are doing well! just wanted to pop in to say we close in less than two weeks! We are giving them a free rent back. We will own the house on May 15 but let them live there almost three months until July 31. That’s the new thing now. They need the money to pay off their mortgage for their new house..It’s been a whirlwind. We have been signing things at a turbo rate with many phone calls, etc. We couldn’t get out of our pjs until 4pm the other day! I just wanted to check in to say hi! I’m soooooo excited and really love that you are all happy for me! ❤️

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

@missy beautiful flowers from your rainy hike. We are getting rain right now. I am in the living room with the picture window behind me and I keep seeing lightning reflecting in my screen. Then I get up to watch for the lightning and nothing. Ha Ha. And yes, let's agree to not try and have anymore big K incidents. Deal!

@MamaBee wow that is fast on closing and nice of you to let them live there for a few months. I assume, there is something in your contract that they are responsible for any damages, etc. after you own it? Nice to be lounging around in your pjs.

Not much exciting going on here today. I am playing partially retired today. I met Marty for breakfast, picked up some fruit and only worked five hours. I have a vision issue right now - I don't "see" myself going back to work today.
:lol:

We are getting a lovely rain and thunderstorm right now. When the clouds were building I went out on the deck with my 8mm fisheye lens to get a pictures of all the clouds. Bam the sun came out from behind a cloud. I glanced at it a few times accidentally. Phooey - it's my good eye too. Seems normal though so it should be okay.

I got out summer clothes today (which for me is long sleeve cotton tops rather than fleece or sweaters). They were too big for me. I told Marty when I met him for breakfast and he said "that's cute that you think you wear summer clothes". It's true, I have a sweater on already.

I wore my brace again while sleeping and didn't have problems. I can tell some nerve is not quite right, maybe something that was pinched is trying to return to normal? IDK, just a thought. I stopped by my lame doctor's office to see why they haven't approved my BP renewal yet and they were closed. So I sent them a message online. If they didn't offer such poor service they'd have no service at all.

Take care. Have a lovely weekend.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning and happy Caturday Saturday!

@marcy deal! LOL. We never ended up getting thunder and lightning last night as predicted whew. Glad you slept OK with the brace but sorry something is off and I hope whatever it is resolves itself very soon. Darn what is going on with the doctors office. I am having a similar issue..new dr whom I asked to send an RX to a new (to me and him) compounding pharmacy almost two weeks ago...still not done. I messaged and called and was assured it would be done this week. Well it was not and next week will be the start of the third week I have been waiting. Sigh. And LOL yes if they didn't offer poor service we would have no service at all hahaha

@MamaBee yassssss! We are all so HAPPY and excited for you and your beautiful new home. You deserve only the best and wishing you so much happiness and joy in your new house to be. :appl::appl::appl:

Hi @Slickk @bling_dream19 @canuk-gal @Austina @mrs-b @springerspaniel @rainwood

Hi everyone else. We had a great ride yesterday with no rain woohoo though the skies were threatening towards the end of the ride. Enjoyed yummy ice cream and beautiful scenery and it was a wonderful FriYAY...wishing you all a happy Caturday Saturday/ Speaking of which here are some photos of our ferals...hanging out on our, ermm I mean their, property :lol:

Fresca
Screen Shot 2023-05-06 at 6.30.18 AM.png

Fresca and Dr Pepper
Screen Shot 2023-05-06 at 6.30.33 AM.png

Pepsi guarding our Chewy packages haha

Screen Shot 2023-05-06 at 6.31.03 AM.png

And finally our delicious treat (a little past) halfway through our ride

Screen Shot 2023-05-06 at 6.30.51 AM.png

Have a sweet Caturday Saturday all...XOXO

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Busy with errands today then a nice family dinner out planned at our fav steak house!

Busy, stressful week at work, learning the new computer system. There were moments!!!!! Next week more of the same....just need to get practice. That's what I keep telling myself. The weather has been unusually warm, but showers today, which we need.

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning and happy super Sunday!

@canuk-gal new computer systems at work are always a hassle. I think we went through four EMR systems in the last 5 years I was working. It was nuts. But yes practice will make it easier for sure. Glad you are getting needed showers. Finally our weather is seasonable and the temps are pure joy. Hoping this continues. And hope you enjoyed a delicious dinner at your favorite steak house yesterday

@marcy my wrist didn't want your wrist to be lonely so it decided to talk to me yesterday lol. Hope all is going smoothly and you aren't working too hard

@bling_dream19 hey girl, hope you are having a fantastic weekend

@Slickk HOW does Sunday get here so fast? TOO fast. Hope you are making the most of each day and having fun

Hi everyone else. We went cycling yesterday and it was purrrrrrrfect. Jimmy really loaded on the ice cream too hahaha...no complaints here. Today is another cycling day...enjoy your Sunday no matter how you spend it. XOXO

Screen Shot 2023-05-07 at 6.03.01 AM.png

May your Sunday be as sweet and delightful as you girls. Love you. Be well. Enjoy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results